Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It is quite a pleasant morning here.  Blue sky, and fluffy white clouds.

It was my FiLs Birthday yesterday, and so we are off to visit later on. 

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.  Torrential rain and gales here all morning....first day of the Manx Grand Prix don't you know!  Had breakfast out at a local cafe, which was full of very wet bikers!  That used to be us when we visited here.  Now we have the luxury of chosing to ride or drive.  It is drying a touch now, but still very windy so practice tonight is looking dodgy.

Morning all

Cloudy cool start now reverting to the standard warm and pleasant day.

It was a nice sunny Saturday on 17th August 1974, when Deb and I were married at 1000 in Croydon Register Office.

Have a good day.

A 'post Tops affair' then Ian!

Somewhat blustery hereabouts this afternoon but still warm enough to be slumped over the keyboard in a favourite old T-shirt and slippers combo. Took an Alfa Brera V6 for a test run this morning on the way home from work, although only a brief 'blast' I was astonished at how together it felt, as opposed to the infamous Alfa build quality of old. Easily a hundred times more solid, stylish and comfortable than the present Ford Fiesta, which the vendor kindly offered to take off my hands for more than the £4.50 I thought it was worth, faults and all. Tempting, very tempting...!

Half way through the weekend already - enjoy what's left of it chums ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

A bit quiet here at the mo - only took ten minutes to catch up!

Spent a fun filled four hours at work, then as soon as the shift finished, the rain started and it's been persisting ever since.  Got home, and immediately out to get the shopping, which should have included some paint to redo the exterior woodwork - and the local DIY super rubbish store had a poor range on offer, thanks to the offerings of the major makers.  So it was off to see what the mix to order range could provide - stage one - the call button to summon the paint mixer was broken "please go to customer services" - queued up there and a call went out.  About five minutes later the very disinterested paint mixing operative turned up after I'd reminded them at the till - oh and there was a "promise" that if it took more than two minutes to be served, then you'd get a 10% discount on your paint.  So I requested this.  On choosing the colour that we needed, she um'd and ah'd a bit, went to the store, and told us there was not enough base colour to do the order (the base colour was white in anybody else's vocabulary but is known as light base).  So we suggested that they do two 500ml batches for the price of the 1L size.  But no, there was only one tin of base in the 500ml size.  Biting my tongue only a bit, I suggested that as we were now due a discount of 10% that it would probably be economical to get the 2.5L size - guess what - no base!  ANd they didn't know when the next batch was due, as there was none on order for the next week at least.  How can a leading DIY store get away with that sort of practice?

And I was planning to do a bit of linesiding tonight for the Duchess, but looking out the window, that's not happening either.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

We've had a beautiful week here in Acadia (snigger) and the fine weather continues 83f today and low humidity, August is traditionally the month of "Dog Days" so we've been lucky.

The rotten stormy weather is way to the South of Virginia down to the Keys of Florida - so the system will be exiting North America way to the South of their normal routes - I wonder where it will go? Possibly hitting Europe around the Bay of Biscay, perhaps?

Mike is now moored opposite to Cardiff in the middle of the channel......I wonder if the Germans are revolting yet?

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

And the furnishing continues – now on the last legs, thankfully. Barbecue at FiL's tomorrow, car re-registration on Tuesday. And more immediately, an evening with STTNG beckons!

Cheers everyone...

Was the store/supershed one of the big orange ones with white letters Stewart? Had the same performance in Inverness on Thursday waiting for some MDF strips to be cut in half to get them in the car- There was another guy there who'd already buzzes them twice and after I'd stood there for the best part of 10 minutes, without anybody appearing, I left them laying on the floor! We used to have a number of East Europeans working in there, and they couldn't have been more helpful - they have all gone and we appear to have a load of school-leaving,minimum-wage,, job-seekering, Derrrzz, who have been rejected everywhere else

[Rant Mode Off]

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

I figure a quiet day is on the agenda today, though I guess we might end up putting up some pictures. It's fairly quiet outside as the city appears to have a lie-in. Note to self: See to getting a haircut on Tuesday, if possible.

Have a good day, everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry,sunshine & mainly blue sky & 17oC. May get some heavy scattered showers later.

Yesterday grandchildren flew for the first time, had a good flight & loved every minute of it.

We went to an anniversary "bash" & although it was mainly outside with occasional showers a good time was had by all.

This morning The Boss brought me tea in bed  at 7.20 & greeted me with the ominous words "Would you like me to cook some breakfast, it's a lovely day, what are we going to do?" I get the feeling that something energetic is being planned.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1

Weather in N Herts is bright, warm and clear. Forced to stop overnight with grandchildren so awake at some (for Sunday) unGodly hour. Really would like to get away ASAP but their parents are still in bed! An extended lunch with some friends is on the cards so any later postings may be under the influence.

Have a good day everyone, just remember we have a bank holiday to come in a week's time with some of the worst traffic jams of the year. I will be firmly staying put! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

How to dress for today's Fete worse than death?

Wellingtons and waxed jacket? Chinos and moccs?

To hell with that!

How about a sheepskin coat worn inside out and a 'kiss me quick' hat from a Rhyl amusement arcade stall?

Tell any one who asks you are a Baaaad boy!

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Was the store/supershed one of the big orange ones with white letters Stewart? Had the same performance in Inverness on Thursday waiting for some MDF strips to be cut in half to get them in the car- There was another guy there who'd already buzzes them twice and after I'd stood there for the best part of 10 minutes, without anybody appearing, I left them laying on the floor! We used to have a number of East Europeans working in there, and they couldn't have been more helpful - they have all gone and we appear to have a load of school-leaving,minimum-wage,, job-seekering, Derrrzz, who have been rejected everywhere else

[Rant Mode Off]

No it was the green one that used to be owned by a major foodstore beginning with S.  I've just been to their customer service website, and let them know - it really was mainly down to the fact that there was no base paint available - and that for a major store is inexcusable, as mixed paint is a core line.  The unfortunate thing is that we've go to go back there today, as the other DIY store in the area is, if possible, worse (that's the orange one).  We've found an alternative paint now from the ready mixed ranges which, though not ideal, should do the job.  But it's in their own brand ranges, so we can't get it elsewhere - their website said it's in stock, so I've reserved it in the hope that the staff there can find the one remaining tin stated as being available and put is aside for us.  At least with that we can make a start on the job, and order another to finish off next week. 

This morning, it has been chucking it down on and off, and any ideas about car booting first thing have been kicked well into touch. 

I'll pop back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, bright sunny day but clouds are moving at speed, not as fast as last night though.Again the patient is sleeping which is good as she was in a lot of pain last night. I need to see a neighbour about getting my cuttings bag back and pick up my potted conifer as well.Have a good Sunday all.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Overcast and showery- sounds like a solicitors' practice, doesn't it?

Some modelling may be done today. Our helpful member in Massachusetts placed a last-minute bid for my desired item on ebay US, but the winning bid was 50 dollars more than my limit, so that was that. But what a decent bloke, eh?

Fetes were never me, nor my family. Obviously not "community" people!

Hope the day delivers what you hope for.

Ah, the big supersheds, I had to buy plumbing stuff to completely redo the pipework in the kitchen, it was 2/3rds the price at a local 'plumb centre' and made in Britain not Far East. Why do we entertain these 'supershed' places. Orange and white ones particularly.

Dave Franks,

Still working on the kitchen but nearly there.

Morning one and all,

Overcast here so far this morning and the forecast is for 25C and thunder storms later.....

Wasnt expecting to see a train yesterday morning, but did manage to get the camera out for a shot of the rear end. HSE  eat you heart out!

Had a nice surprise last night, got a rare phone call from my grandchildren.  youngest girl (6 going on 16! ) was really chatty. Only  33 days till I see them again.

My Girl Friend is of to a garden rail show today. (in BC)  and has promised some photos....bless her!

What ever you're up today  try not to be too grumpy....

Trev. 

post-4282-0-15059000-1376816511.jpg

• Like 3

In my case because it is the only place with a cutting machine - I believe that the one begining with H has one, but I've never found anyone available in there who has been trained to work the damn thing, and as for the one begining with W, which doesn't have a cutter - that one is a total waste of space, and rarely has anything useful in stock 

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A very clammy morning this morning, unpleasant feel but at least it's warm.

My son is here today so off for the local trains and a WCR empty stock in an hour or so and then send him on his way back home - but I get to see him for longer from bank holiday Monday as I'm off for the week and we are having a few days away photographing.

Have a good day all.

• Like 1