The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

All I can say is what happened to railway modelling as opposed to railway collecting?

And I thought I was out of touch! How I agree, Richard.

On my birthday earlier this week I received a kit. The designer expects it to provide (with painting) one  years work... I need to get over twenty different color paints for it.

Looking forward to the challenge.

Best, Pete.

• Like 8

Morning all,

Sadly the weather here is still matching how I feel! Amazing how microbial organisms can bring a body to such a low ebb. Nothing for it but to wrap up in waterproof clothing and take a short walk on the sea front in the hopes it will clear my head!

Sounds like Kal and Jaz were right to avoid Warley from some reports - immaterial for me as I can't do that sort of distance any more, let alone spend too long on my feet. Would love to see some layout pictures though, always find them fascinating and often inspirational. Loved the Cartoon Debs, I've been thinking of a similar gesture but you beat me to it!

Unlikely to muster the energy tonight for another post, if last night's early retirement is anything to go by! So better say G'night Pete! now.

Hopefully shake this malaise off soon and be back to my normal(?) self. Hope the rest of Sunday is good for you,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Sadly the weather here is still matching how I feel! Amazing how microbial organisms can bring a body to such a low ebb. Nothing for it but to wrap up in waterproof clothing and take a short walk on the sea front in the hopes it will clear my head!

Sounds like Kal and Jaz were right to avoid Warley from some reports - immaterial for me as I can't do that sort of distance any more, let alone spend too long on my feet. Would love to see some layout pictures though, always find them fascinating and often inspirational. Loved the Cartoon Debs, I've been thinking of a similar gesture but you beat me to it!

Unlikely to muster the energy tonight for another post, if last night's early retirement is anything to go by! So better say G'night Pete! now.

Hopefully shake this malaise off soon and be back to my normal(?) self. Hope the rest of Sunday is good for you,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Layout viewing at Warley is not a pastime I would recommend Jock - you need either strong nerves and elbows or masses of patience and a degree of luck,  I spent more time behind BCB than in front of it although for much of that time I was in conversation with John (Killybegs of this parish).  And yesterday I even had to fight my way through the crowd to get to the Alan Gibson stand although at Brassmasters it was simply a matter of waiting.  I've increasingly come to look on Warley as a place to meet folk you might not see around otherwise (such as the chap I met on the train home - we hadn't seen each other for 20 years) and a place to see the trade and do some shopping although I was quite miserly this year and spent only £39 on 'shopping'.

My main wish is that they would move it away from the NEC because it becomes incredibly busy trying to get on a train home, even in the comfy part.

• Like 2

Afternoon all, 

Having spent the best part of the morning trying to persuade either of my two printer / scanners  (A4 & A3 size) to do the job they're supposed to, well got one scanning & one printing!  

So now have manged to scan a load of B & W prints from the 60's  and one from the early 70's  - Just for  NHN!  a very sorry looking Sea Lion! (crap photo - sorry best I can do)

The other scans I will up load in the appropriate place. 

post-4282-0-89777700-1416746956.jpg

• Like 9

One of my local charity shops is selling bundles of Railway Modeller, circa 1960's for £4 a bundle of about 18 mags. I bought 1 bundle to look through and see if its worth buying more at reduced offer of £2.

edit circa 1060's (pre Norman) for 1960's

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 4

Afternoon all, 

Having spent the best part of the morning trying to persuade either of my two printer / scanners  (A4 & A3 size) to do the job they're supposed to, well got one scanning & one printing!  

So now have manged to scan a load of B & W prints from the 60's  and one from the early 70's  - Just for  NHN!  a very sorry looking Sea Lion! (crap photo - sorry best I can do)

The other scans I will up load in the appropriate place.

Trev - Tried to bring out a bit more detail

post-6688-0-59168600-1416752314.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Just logged in, and backtracked to my last post here, and was saddened (as was 30747) to read Tim's post just two down from mine.  By now, it's all been said, and there's not a lot more that I can add to what my fellow ERs have already said most eloquently.  I just hope that Don is now at peace, and wherever he is, will be adding his pawkish comments about the conduct of the occupants of the heavenly dining table.

I've only been offline for a couple of days, and there are far too many pages to plough through as I need the computer to check one or two other things on other applications, so could one of you who has not been offline could just add a note to a post if there's anything important in the preceding ten pages or so that I need to know about.

As I still feel a but sombre today, I'm not going to add a whole load of cheery stuff about what I did on my holidays, except to mention that I did manage to find a couple of quite rare books at reasonable prices in the antique centres in Leominster.  A copy of the 1979 revision of GT Moody's Southern Electric for six quid was the highlight.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

It is raining heavily here. My plan to do as little as possible was altered to taking Aditi to Lakeside to do some shopping. She wanted a break from writing but didn't want to drive. There was a lot of water falling from the sky and quite a lot of spray from the road.

The car park at Southend Phil mentioned is "interesting". I got a place near the entrance to the car park. This year it was doubling up as the exit too. On previous wet days I have seen some stupid driving as people attempt to depart though the usual exit which often floods in cars limited swimming abilities.

Tony

• Like 2

Back again,  because I've been reminded that I haven't told you about a strange phenomena that the GF & I experienced last night - well she did -  stop sniggering at the back there! 

We  speak on the phone each night  (well my night her lunch time she's currently in California)  well last night as normal she phones me and about after 30 seconds the line drops out  (not unusual)  ---- well for the next  minute all she could here was my last sentence repeated over & over......all I had was a dead (but still connected)  line... seems very strange?    Is some one listening in, or are all calls to the U S of A from Ng recorded --- while neither of us are into "politics"   we do try to make some sense of whats going on in the wider world. So we do discuss all manner of "things"  ....Makes you wonder  though?

Be good , 

Trev (back to scanning)

• RMweb Gold

Back again,  because I've been reminded that I haven't told you about a strange phenomena that the GF & I experienced last night - well she did -  stop sniggering at the back there! 

We  speak on the phone each night  (well my night her lunch time she's currently in California)  well last night as normal she phones me and about after 30 seconds the line drops out  (not unusual)  ---- well for the next  minute all she could here was my last sentence repeated over & over......all I had was a dead (but still connected)  line... seems very strange?    Is some one listening in, or are all calls to the U S of A from Ng recorded --- while neither of us are into "politics"   we do try to make some sense of whats going on in the wider world. So we do discuss all manner of "things"  ....Makes you wonder  though?

Be good , 

Trev (back to scanning)

I don't know but I know someone who would. So if no one on ERs gives an answer I will enquire.

And if you brought the materials home in your car, it could be the autobarn.

And if you kept a horse in there, in addition to the German layout, it would be a bahn hoof

(Somewhat late to the party (barn dance?) I know - work intervened)

Edited by station cat

Be good , 

Trev (back to scanning)

Just to see if someone is listening in, try dropping spurious words like 'explosives', 'ISIS', 'Al qaeda' and others into your conversation. If a serious knocking on your door happens within the hour you have probably been listened to.