RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

A bit late on here but it was an early start for the trip to Canterbury to set up the layout then after a quick drink at the apres show social it was to the hotel in the city centre and then into The Foundry brewery and pub where we stayed trying most of their brews till it was time to go get some ZZZZZZ's.

At 02.30 there was a party going on nbelow us after a large group of night clubbers came back to the hotel. Staff broke up the noise, so we were glad that we had some beers that were over 8% in the brewery to help us get back to sleep!!

Woke up gone 7am which is just unheard of for me. So got up get ready breakfast and another day at the show.

Plenty of rmwebbers ot talk to at the show.

Now back home  and upped my pledge on the Kickstarter Pendolino site  for a final push but at least its going ahead under Rapido whatever theo utcome of the kickstarter.

Oh, and a final point that I am glad that I wasn't on the train from London to home last night as it was all pear shaped again with signal problems aroung Redhill / Gatwick. Lets see what tomorrows train journeys entail!!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

Did I post yesterday?  Can't remember!  Wasn't that drunk at our staff night out either....honest.

Today I have mostly been freezing to death at Groudle, but we had a very productive day - lifting track preparing for a relay.  NHN in the yellow hiviz, that looks suspiciously ex-Police.  No idea how that happened... :angel: .but I suspect my old Inspector is still looking for it. :O  :jester:

attachicon.gifggr 1.jpg

attachicon.gifggr 2.jpg

attachicon.gifggr 3.jpg

attachicon.gifggr 4.jpg

Neil, love the way you have a chap in the first photo kneeling down and weathering the track. It's true attention to detail! :D  

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone tried this?

Rail Maze - Free

Puzzle games are great fun and a good source of free gaming. In Rail Mail you build a railroad quickly out of square tiles. The free version is surprisingly packed, and a good way to pass the time. There is a 69p version with extras though, if you really like it.

<snipped pic>

It's from the Apple/Mac store.

There used to be an arcade version of this, with the very strange name of Goo Tan Go Tan (or similar) - it was good fun, that was back in the early 1980s.

• RMweb Premium

Neil, love the way you have a chap in the first photo kneeling down and weathering the track. It's true attention to detail! :D

Must have an enormous bottle of ink and sacks of powder to do that!

Hat,

Coat,

Cricket boots.....

Gone! :-)

Baz

PS you lot should all be in bed..excepting expectant fathers and people in a time zone other than good old GMT!

• Like 9

Did I post yesterday?  Can't remember!  Wasn't that drunk at our staff night out either....honest.

Today I have mostly been freezing to death at Groudle, but we had a very productive day - lifting track preparing for a relay.  NHN in the yellow hiviz, that looks suspiciously ex-Police.  No idea how that happened... :angel: .but I suspect my old Inspector is still looking for it. :O  :jester:

Remindes me of a Cobham bus rally, the local law had put out no-waiting cones most of witch were branded for other forces. If you cant trust the police not to "borrow" things who can you :jester:

Night all

• Like 5

Morning All,

It is another pretty chilly morning in this part of the world.  I have arrived at work early as my wife is off on a business trip to Bremen, and I dropped her off at the station just before six.

When I got to work, the car park barrier refused to open, which necessitated a rather difficult manoeuvre to back out on to the main road again.  One of my colleagues had the same problem, so it doesn't seem to be limited to me.  That should get quite interesting when more people start to arrive later on.

Oh well - not must else to report, so time for a coffee!

have a good day everyone...

• Like 10

Morning all. The temperature has climbed to just above zero here but at least there is no wind or rain. The trains are reported to be behaving themselves but will find out what the reality is in a while.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very frosty start and 0oC. It should be a cold,dry day with some sunny spells

I have to take the car to the garage this morning as it has developed an intermittent OSF indicator fault. We think it's water causing a bad contact as it usually happens when it's wet. The very nice man there has said it shouldn't take long..........

Have a good one,

Bob.

Must have an enormous bottle of ink and sacks of powder to do that!

I'm guessing they keep the ink in the large green rectangular tank seen behind the chap. They've even installed a pipe to help him. LOL

• Like 4

Has anyone tried this?

Rail Maze - Free

Puzzle games are great fun and a good source of free gaming. In Rail Mail you build a railroad quickly out of square tiles. The free version is surprisingly packed, and a good way to pass the time. There is a 69p version with extras though, if you really like it.

Rail-Maze.jpg

It's from the Apple/Mac store.

Never heard of this, but I had a bizarre fixation with Chris Sawyer's Transport Tycoon Deluxe that lasted into my 30s.

• Like 2

Good morning all,

Very frosty start and 0oC. It should be a cold,dry day with some sunny spells

I have to take the car to the garage this morning as it has developed an intermittent OSF indicator fault. We think it's water causing a bad contact as it usually happens when it's wet. The very nice man there has said it shouldn't take long..........

Have a good one,

Bob.

Good luck with the car, Bob. My local garage is excellent and seem to fix most things quickly. Just as well, as their labour charge is around £30/min.

Just getting light here. I think it might be dampish.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all suitably refreshed and ready for Monday!

Nice to see a post from Debs this am, hope everyone's travel goes well,ECML First Class = free breakfast and WiFi (which may or may not be a good thing...)

Have a great day!

Baz

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I'm shocked and stunned. The train's on time and somewhere to sit. Hope everyone else has a good journey this morning

Our train left Redhill much on time and was doing rather well till we got just past New Cross Gate.

About 10 late into LBG so not too bad considering what has been happening of late.

Both the VIC and Bedford service before our trian were wedged but luckily we did get soem of thelast seats on ours.It appears that people are abandoning the trains from our station to LBG as there are fewer people waiting for this train.

We now have a policy that no beers in London if our trian home in the evening is running just in case it all goes pear shaped after that. So sorry to the pubs in the area if your takings are down!!

However if things are already up creek we may well be adjourning to a pub.

Edited by roundhouse

Dry, cold and clear mauve-ish skies in Edinburgh. I'm now on my train and heading for London. And bizarrely the office have put me in 1st class. Only downside is I'm facing away from direction of travel. I used to feel queasy if I did that, see how I manage today.

I have a meeting at the Welsh Govt office at Victoria tomorrow morning. Trains would have been touch and go without any delays so instead I'm travelling today and staying over. So thought I'd make the most of it, travel early today and take the afternoon off and visit a few things I've never done before.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Orange weather alerts in place for adjacent departments Orne and Mayenne, with icy roads. The Orne starts about 4 km from here. We may get snow flurries today, and snow on Wednesday. A fun week beckons, then!

Good to have a virtual visit from the blonde with the woolly hat and the lovely dogs. More, please Miss!

Put a DCC chip in a Bulleid Pacific yesterday. Not difficult but my radio throttle was doing odd things, which hampered testing. Must investigate further when the barn warms up a bit.

Hope your week proceeds in an orderly fashion.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

When I got to work, the car park barrier refused to open, which necessitated a rather difficult manoeuvre to back out on to the main road again. 

Better that you can't get in than can't get out after work - that happened once at my workplace where staff could only park in the evening, and it failed at 8 pm which was the official finish time - the barrier was made of aluminium, and a concerted effort managed to bend it back so that the trapped cars could get out.

Morning All

Cold here but not, perhaps as cold as predicted by the Daily Depress who as ever are predicting the end of the world weather-wise.  When I walked Lily, there was no ice and the roads appeared to be OK.  Got to go into town soon, so will try to get on again later.  Just hope that the bus is running well - doubtful as it does a school run to Kirkby Lonsdale, then runs empty to Ingleton, and as the service from there is pretty poor (only five buses a day) there is a concession whereby the concessionary passes can be used before 9.30 on certain sections of the route.  So it runs quite late, and is also usually quite busy - a bit like the trains to LBG at the mo.

Good to see Debs is back with us - hope you're on the mend.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 8