RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

I am feeling slightly as if I ate and drank too much last night. However I don't think I did so I suspect I overdid it with the dusting, polishing and vacuuming. Aditi seems keener than I to go to Barleylands (model railway exhibition today, plus various resident craft shops).

I don't dislike Facebook but at the moment my timeline does seem to be mainly cat and kitten images! Having spent a lot of time in school staff rooms has been good practice for life on a forum. I wonder if some of the people who push opinions as facts on forums don't get out much. I am sure I interpreted that the person commenting on Mike seemed to imply only experience before the formation of British Railways counted! I am just about to add a signal to my railway layout! I have a photo to copy for location and type but I do know where I would ask for advice if I didn't!

Tony

• Like 11

Afternoon everyone. Done all the 'eastery' things, so now off to cut some holes in the steelwork of mine narrow boat, above the waterline before anyone asks :-)

Best wishes to all, hope you have a good day.

Edtted to correct the 'autocorrect'

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 9

Morning all. Very late on parade today thanks to a small technical issue with internet access here.

Great to see that I an is recovering (even if dawn isn't too impressed)

My wallet had a fight with the model shop yesterday and lost but not too badly. It meant that I managed to get some modelling done yesterday and more is planned today.

Happy Easter from the South East Devon Coast

• Like 15

I'm still alive - I hope all are well. I'm afraid the lunatics ground me down for a while and my mood was not conducive to posting much. Recent events confirm my lunatic view but my mood for dealing with them has improved.

Welcome back Beast  - you've been missed!

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all

Beautiful wall to wall, not a cloud in the sky, sunshine here. Hope you are enjoying the same.

I know it's lazy but those power washer thingies are a huge improvement on ye olde bucket and stiff bristled swilling broom.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A'noon all. Still drowsy as a doorknob, and I wonder why. We've been to Wittenberg over noon but TBH, I wasn't that impressed with the city as a whole. The All Saints' Church, famed for having been the place where Luther supposedly published his theses, is currently undergoing major renovation and was closed, but there were some amazing Cranach paintings in St Mary's Church.

Now typing some railway stuff on the sofa till I'll be called on to prepare dinner...

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all...

I know it's lazy but those power washer thingies are a huge improvement on ye olde bucket and stiff bristled swilling broom.

We went to see a friend in Norfolk recently. She had just had cataract operations. The second was recovering much better than the first. She confessed to the surgeon that she may have been too active after the first. He asked what she thought may have been too active and she said she had been scrubbing out all her buckets. He banned any bucket related activity.
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, late on parade as wehad an early start at Church with 8am communion in the graveyard.  Very nice with intense birdsong and early morning sun.  Then it as time for the bacon and egg butties efore the main morning service.  Got home about 1 o clock so now it' time for some relaxation and possibly some modelling before going to the outlaws for dinner tonight.

Glad to hear that ian is progressing well, we haven't had a wine of the day yet.

Beast glad to se you back.

Mike, don't let the bar stewards grind you down.   I think it is a symptom of the old adage that a little knowledge is dangerous.

Anyway the soldering iron awaits as I have now found most of the caisson caps of Greyhound Bridge.  They were in the bottom of my travelling tool box amongst all the other assorted carp.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Started off very foggy here, and we were up and away pretty early, to be at one of the local car boot sales, 4.45 up, 5.45 depart, on the field by 6.10 and fully set up by 7 - was eating lunch by ten, and now it feels like bedtime.  Fog didn't really clear much until it was packing up time.  Oddly, the forty odd railway books didn't raise much interest at all.  We had so much fun that we'll try again tomorrow at a different field - gluttons for punishment, we.  In fact, it's laziness in a way, as we can't be bothered to unpack the car.

Still a bit murky here, though it is dry.

Sorry to hear that some are ailing - Smiffy, Metformin can be a horrendous drug in those susceptable to its less pleasant side effect.  I take three a day to try to help with the uptake of injected insulin, and sometimes, the long long trail starts a-winding within an hour.

Hope that Ian is improving - any mention of the flushings having a resemblance to creme de menthe or curaco? 

Great to have Beast back with us again, and Debs - at least we knew for sure why those worthies were absent, but our one unexplained non poster still concerns me somewhat.

Must shoot, as I need to go to the shop, as I forgot a few things when driving back earlier, due totally to complete knackeration.

Keep your peckers up.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 8

Ian is making excellent progress; the drip that was flushing out his bladder has been removed, leaving him with just a catheter, from which the output is still rose!!

Tomorrow the plan is to remove his catheter in preparation for being discharged on Tuesday! This news was delivered whilst I was visiting this afternoon and was very well received!

Many thanks for all your kind enquiries and the good humoured banter which he will enjoy reading when he comes home.

And belated Easter greetings from a sunny Sarthe!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I've often wondered how people who live in certain towns cope with profanity filters.

Clitheroe, Penistone and Scunthorpe have been known to cause problems.  

My home town! Never had any issues with any spell/profanity checker before. There is a T w a t t on both The Orkney and Shetland Islands........... plenty of photo opportunities with roadsigns.

Meanwhile on the north west coast of Scotland, there's this one.

post-408-0-60563900-1428251338.jpg

(Taken whilst I was helping out on a charity bike ride - accompanying a rider who cycled 4400 miles around the UK coastline in 10 weeks - I did a week and 600 miles with him around the north of Scotland.)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Made it by train from Darlington (a noisy family already on the drink at 9am and their kids with music on loud- looking at the parents I wasn't going to risk saying anything and nor did the guard) to an overcast Whitby then on the NYMR with another large extremely noisy family near us. No chance for a peaceful trip but then again it is school holidays!!

A quick transfer to the bus stop in Pickering for the bus to Malton where we found a pub with a beer festival, well the tails end of one so you could go into the back seating area and pour your own pint for two quid. could have stayed there ell night it we are meeting a few RMwebbers here in York for a few beers.

I messed up thinking the York show Closed Sunday rather than Monday. We booked early train tickets to Brum tomorrow so can't go yo the show tomorrow and hotels before tonight were ridiculous prices.

Anyway a rather nice view on a beautiful evening from our room just before we head off for more beer

post-1557-0-20915200-1428250783_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Ian is making excellent progress; the drip that was flushing out his bladder has been removed, leaving him with just a catheter, from which the output is still rose!!

Tomorrow the plan is to remove his catheter in preparation for being discharged on Tuesday! This news was delivered whilst I was visiting this afternoon and was very well received!

Many thanks for all your kind enquiries and the good humoured banter which he will enjoy reading when he comes home.

And belated Easter greetings from a sunny Sarthe!

Glad our Ian is on the mend...!

post-7638-0-18785000-1428251491.jpg

;)

So much for the warm weather! It was 28F here last night.

Now, let me see, multiply by 9, divide by 5 and add 32..........(keys clicking)...........Sheesh! That can't be right. (Best work it out for yourselves.)

• RMweb Premium

Haway the Lads!

Cracking the flags in robin hoods bay!

Eggs flung, walk to boggle and back 60 Bogglers been here in waves to eat tea and wads..

Rioja and BBQ now then kip!

Baz

• Like 10

There is a resemblance ......................... although Ian isn't keen on bananas or striped PJ's!

I'm not going there, way too dodgy........

Glad that thing are improving apace, Sherry.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

There is a resemblance ......................... although Ian isn't keen on bananas or striped PJ's!

Did someone mention bananas in pyjamas...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmYOTb_nCLY&list=RDhmYOTb_nCLY#t=9

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

28F = -2C, near enough. All you need to remember is that the 100 Celsius intervals between freezing point and boiling point of water are equivalent 180 Fahrenheit degrees, because - and it must be manifestly obvious why - 212 is boling point and 32 is freezing point in that system. So, no one has the slightest difficulty in conversions between these two systems any longer.

... have had a bit of time to download some pics  ...

attachicon.gifNarin 06.jpg

Under the latest equality regulation, I am sorry to inform you that your lifetime allowance of sea and sky scape has been exceeded, and you must now move to a location richer in concrete, tarmac, bricks and steel, within 28 days of receiving this notice. I feel the design of this year's Christmas card for our country dwelling acquaintance coming on, nicely presented in a brown manila window envelope. Two of them are Yerkippers...

• RMweb Gold

I won't edit my earlier post about using Google. I don't mind admitting outbreaks of dimness!

I should have said enter convert 28F which returns a result of -2.2222C

Brain still affected by too much recent housework.

My students used to tell me that they found teachers who stated that their spelling or mathematical errors were deliberate to be really irritating.

• Like 5