RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Been out and chopped wood, came in to watch football, discovered that the football is tomorrow, so drew plans for a fireplace surround.

Blondie back from Disneyland, loved it, gave us a great description of the scary rides, including reproducing the screaming...

Apparently the food was dire, and the queuing excessive, but she still loved every minute. Looks like the new one is about to arrive - DiL is huuuuge.

If this weather keeps up we're going home early (we normally stay a month) but I can't paint the front door (it needs to be open for 12 hours) or cut the grass, and we've decided to replace the shutters rather than repaint them. Julie says she can't do her major job (painting a big set of pigeonholes) because it's too rainy. I'm getting bored, and I've just seen a list of loco liveries matched to car paints, and I want to find out if Ford Laurel Green really is a good match to Southern Malachite.

Some time ago the RAF Kinloss MRC published a list of Halford spray paints that could be used as railway colours. Southern Malachite is listed as 

Ford Laurel Green - Daihatsu Tropical Green

Up to a short while ago my local parts shops had Morris Minor colours on their display rack but not any more now...shame!

Here's a link to the RAF club website.http://www.rafkinlossmrc.co.uk/

I hope it is of some help.

• RMweb Premium

Hmm, must be in crossword mode, I thought.....   P _ _ _ _ R...............'isse'.....oops.

Glad to hear Ian's doing OK, moving from Shiraz to Rose, tomorrow Chardonnay, or maybe a nice Sauv Blanc.

Gardening and garage duties today, then we had lunch with John and his Mrs, wondering just how many parcels we will have to pack on Tuesday after 4 days off!

Then more time in the garden, preparing for 'project X'.  Jayne cane around for a brew, seems in good form after everything went well on Thursday.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone else remember the zoo (no, really) which used to be on that empty corner of Oswald Street and Argyle Street in Roundhouse's photo? The building had previously been a church!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_04_2015/post-1557-0-18617800-1428131064.jpg

Here's a picture of it:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/307722587012037297/

The tram is southbound on Oswald Street, and the bus in the background is just crossing Argyle Street.

(Edit to correct photographer's name)

what a change!!

Its amazing to look at such photos. There were similar photos in a nearby Wetherspoons pub.

We went under the station and then over the Clyde last night to the Laureiston pub. Wasn't quite what i was expecting but talk about preserved formica central... very 50s/ 60s interior and a great  pub with very friendly bar staff land lady and landlord let alone the clientèle and the Fyne Ales  in an area that has seen much better days. we even nearly walked straight past the rather bland looking exterior.

• Like 6

Evening all. I managed to drop my supper on the kitchen floor; decided not to invoke the five second rule, so had to cook cheese on toast a second time. The only bit of luck was that the fried egg was still in the pan.

Now to pop out to the garage to paint the benches in the beer garden.

Bill

• Like 2

We went under the station and then over the Clyde last night to the Laureiston pub. Wasn't quite what i was expecting but talk about preserved formica central... very 50s/ 60s interior and a great  pub with very friendly bar staff land lady and landlord let alone the clientèle and the Fyne Ales  in an area that has seen much better days. we even nearly walked straight past the rather bland looking exterior.

I presume you took the time to admire the former Bridge Street station building to which the Laurieston is attached? It was the first southside Glasgow terminus, opened in 1840, and is now a listed building.

I presume you took the time to admire the former Bridge Street station building to which the Laurieston is attached? It was the first southside Glasgow terminus, opened in 1840, and is now a listed building.

"Did you get off at Bridge Street?" was a Glasgow euphemism for something that would be highly inappropriate to discuss on this forum. 

• Like 4

"Did you get off at Bridge Street?" was a Glasgow euphemism for something that would be highly inappropriate to discuss on this forum.

"Paisley" where I lived.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Prosthetic woodpeckers eh?  This mind boggles!!!

Continued best wishes to Ian and all.  

Hallelujah!  He is Risen.  He has had a shower and made breakfast and is now off to the Sunday Market. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Just dipped in after a good day with the York show then a nice curry with some friends to celebrate their engagement (3rd time round for both of them), followed by drinks and cards at our house.   Glad to here that Ian os progressing to the lighter wines but the words Anjou Rose bring back many memories.

Now time for Bed then 8am Communion in the garden followed by bacon and egg butties in church before the main morning service.

Goodnight all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all and goodnight,

Regrettably I am now beginning to understand why Beast is not spending so much time on this site - all a result of some half-baked dumbo getting childishly nasty when it's pointed out (very gently in my case today) that he is yet again spouting nonsense.  He has been duly warned by the management but I can quite understand why Beast could get dispirited when you're trying to help and someone is frequently undermining the advice you are giving with rubbish dressed up in a plausible sounding package which can sound as good as the genuine stuff to those who know nothing and are hoping to gain information.

So not feeling very cheery and probably just as well that tomorrow I can give more attention to the garden than this place.

G'night all.

Morning all,

The late nights are catching up with me but I couldn't resist popping in to see how Ian was progressing with his recovery. Thanks Sherry, for keeping us informed. I'll look in again tomorrow to keep up to date, meanwhile please convey our best wishes,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night Owls!

Edited by Jock67B

Evenin' all and goodnight,

Regrettably I am now beginning to understand why Beast is not spending so much time on this site - all a result of some half-baked dumbo getting childishly nasty when it's pointed out (very gently in my case today) that he is yet again spouting nonsense.  He has been duly warned by the management but I can quite understand why Beast could get dispirited when you're trying to help and someone is frequently undermining the advice you are giving with rubbish dressed up in a plausible sounding package which can sound as good as the genuine stuff to those who know nothing and are hoping to gain information.

So not feeling very cheery and probably just as well that tomorrow I can give more attention to the garden than this place.

G'night all.

Mike,

I'm terribly upset to read this post - did I miss something - was it an ER as I thought I'd read all the posts? Surely the solution is to name and shame or use AndyY and his team to stop the nonsense. I have found your posts to be tremendously informative and supportive and so I can only think you've bumped into one of those creatures known as trolls. Please let me know if I've jumped to the wrong conclusion, and try to put it behind you - you are far too important a part of the very varied crowd that make ERs such a friendly and entertaining place!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Our neighbours really enjoyed the meal tonight. Even Robbie was on his best behaviour. Our neighbour Ted likes dogs and is always happy to visit Robbie. However Ted's wife, Tina,doesn't really like dogs or any animals to be honest but at least Robbie doesn't bother her. Though as the neighbours have just returned from a week in Wales in a household with two Labradors, horses, cats, chickens and sheep wandering about our single spaniel must seem quite sane.

Actually Robbie probably would have liked to have gone home with Ted. As we were having visitors I decided Robbie needed a thorough grooming. He wasn't very cooperative but I think I succeeded but only with bribery (biscuits).

Tony

• Like 13

Aah.

Have been to bed but lay sleepless and got up for a cup of tea and a slice of toast. Living room is cooling rapidly, as the fire has gone out. Julie is having trouble sleeping too, and I half-expect her downstairs before long.

Jock - I haven't really come across Beast in the short time I've been here, but general hatefulness on forums is such a wear on the spirit. I've just visited the French forum where I first met Ian and there are threads there (on politics, true) that are just vitriol. I expect you've all guessed my politics, but I don't feel the need to post childish insults about my opponents. Certainly on a forum where most people don't have a vote. And some of them are very nasty. I won't be going back, and I can understand why people walk away.

I did cook a lovely meal this evening (pork loin sliced thin and mushrooms with white wine and cream) but I'm having trouble with rich foods as I get older! That and some of the less lovely side effects of Metformin... That may explain the sleeplessness. Oh, and half a bottle of white Burgundy may have something to do with it. It's so liberating to be able to buy good meat, produce, wine and dairy in the local supermarket, and cook au terroir.

So goodnight again. See you in a bit!

I agree Smiffy2, that's one of the reasons I gave foolsbook  (facebook) the flick, I do hope we do not see much of that kind of, "Quote childish insults" appear on this web. Thanks to the Mods for keeping an eye out for idiots who spoil it for others. Tex.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I meant to but completely forgot.

Will have to go back to the Lureiston again!!!!

Noticing your other post, we Had a walk through Paisley to the Bull. A very nice pub inside and out, they have a new take on snugs with a TV in each one, not seen that before.

Surprisingly quiet in the pedestrianised street outside our hotel here in Darlington as only just woken up. Thought that we would get disturbed as people left pubs and clubs!!!

Oops spoke too soon as a noisy group just going past as I type this!!!!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 7

a new take on snugs with a TV in each one, 

TVs! Sacrilege! The Bull was one of the only original establishments in the town (I suppose they have to find ways to justify the outrageous price of the drink.)

Gosh, I haven't been in the Bull for years. Not since the time I asked the manager if he knew how he could sell more beer.

"How's that?" he said.

"Fill the expletive glasses!"

I've never seen a sign like this before.
It's on land belonging to a friend but overseen by the Council and others to provide a woodland walk.
The instinct is to look up to see if there are any falling bodies or rocks when all there was to see was blue sky.
However, the fence shown was decidedly rickety on the edge.

post-7041-0-59950500-1428208472_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've never seen a sign like this before.

It's on land belonging to a friend but overseen by the Council and others to provide a woodland walk.

The instinct is to look up to see if there are any falling bodies or rocks when all there was to see was blue sky.

However, the fence shown was decidedly rickety on the edge.

attachicon.gifSignDangerUB.jpg

They're asking for trouble. I'd be so busy Googling "PERYGL YMYL CHWAREL" that I'd probably walk right over the edge.