The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

And where she has been deploying the razor?

You could always be a gentleman and offer to assist.

Jamie

Edit

Just seen TG's post above.  Note to self.  Read to the end before applying fingers to keyboard.

Edited by jamie92208

Morning all. Our water supply has gone off, apparently it is the whole LA2 area that is affected. United Utilities phone line and website just say they are working on it. I have been in their position before, they will have dozens of people asking "When will it be back on?" To which the answer is "We don't know". It becomes very trying after an hour of it, that is why they have a recorded message on their phone line. If it happens to you make sure the taps are closed after you have tried them and found no water coming out. This certainly makes you appreciate your water supply when it is working.

Stay safe all.

Edited by Ohmisterporter
  • Like 1

Trying to start the day, but rather difficult with large ginger cat on lap. After our extended absence yesterday (covered elsewhere by Ian), he is extra needy today.

Ian or the ginger cat? Well, someone had to ask. Hat, coat, etc.

Bill

.....I once offered a girlfriend the use of my razor.....she wanted to use it in a delicate, hard to reach area, so I offered to carry out the work for her....just to make sure that she didn't injure herself you understand.

Dave

I'm surprised at you Dave.

Ed

I'm surprised at you Dave.

Ed

.....Ed, any gentleman in my position would have offered similar assistance. Is there anyone on-line who would have turned down this damsel in distress?

Her earlobes were tricky to reach after all.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

Tonight's earworm has been "Lola" by The Kinks. I wonder why.

Morning Tony,

I've been suffering, not from the Kinks, but from Cilla's 'Alfie' which has obviously had quite a bit of air time in the news bulletins of her passing. Don't know why it's stuck, as I didn't even like it! I seem to remember that I only went to see the film because I'd seen Michael Caine in his first proper starring role as 'Harry Palmer' in the 'Ipcress File' the year before and been impressed by him! Wired how these things stick with you?

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 6

Mornin all, late check in.

Being owned by my doggy, but the kettle is calling me.

Leg well on the mend, must change mi avatar, and doin a bit for the office from home for the next few days.

Best wishes to all, not many ratings given - but thinking of you all anyway.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Much fresher here after thunder overnight (and we're nowhere near Trisonic!!)

You never know.

He might well have an XXL knotted handkerchief.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Warm but cloudy out there although I'm now a bit cooler as my hair has been cut by Mrs Stationmaster - she obviously wants me reasonably presentable among company.  One of our fellow passengers, who i think is not entirely happy having another change foisted upon him but is managing has managed to book himself from Waterloo to Weymouth, 1st Class (single) for £21 - there are definitely some good fares out there for those who look.  Anyway on the shipping front our ship is actually enroute to Weymouth so I expect no other changes; parking is more or less complete (yesterday) camera batteries are charged, lenses cleaned, memory card renewed in one camera and spare  available for the other so all we have to do is get there.

I'll no doubt pop in later but in the meanwhile be good whilst I'm away, and best wishes to all undergoing the attention of the medics.  Have a  good day folks.

• Like 16

Morning Tony,

I've been suffering, not from the Kinks, but from Cilla's 'Alfie' which has obviously had quite a bit of air time in the news bulletins of her passing. Don't know why it's stuck, as I didn't even like it! I seem to remember that I only went to see the film because I'd seen Michael Caine in his first proper starring role as 'Harry Palmer' in the 'Ipcress File' the year before and been impressed by him! Wired how these things stick with you?

Kind regards,

Jock.

The original version on the movie was sung by Cher (which does make me wonder just how old she really is). Her voice is fine.

The band backing her, however, is something else. As someone on You Tube commented it appears led by the drummer “Animal” from The Muppets and he seems to have been playing whilst he and his kit was falling downstairs. Worth finding for the giggle factor.

The remedy for the UK was to haul over Burt Bacharach  - who provided his own arrangement for Cilla to sing against and this version was used on the UK cut of the movie. Produced by George Martin at Abbey Road Studios.

As for “earworms” try “Save All your Kisses For Me” by Brotherhood of Man (sorry)!

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Warm but cloudy out there although I'm now a bit cooler as my hair has been cut by Mrs Stationmaster - she obviously wants me reasonably presentable among company.  One of our fellow passengers, who i think is not entirely happy having another change foisted upon him but is managing has managed to book himself from Waterloo to Weymouth, 1st Class (single) for £21 - there are definitely some good fares out there for those who look.  Anyway on the shipping front our ship is actually enroute to Weymouth so I expect no other changes; parking is more or less complete (yesterday) camera batteries are charged, lenses cleaned, memory card renewed in one camera and spare  available for the other so all we have to do is get there.

I'll no doubt pop in later but in the meanwhile be good whilst I'm away, and best wishes to all undergoing the attention of the medics.  Have a  good day folks.

Good luck with your trip.

I hope the reported heavy seas calm down by the time you sail.

Windy this morning but not as windy as forecast. Compensated by having extra showers thrown in instead. Motor home collected this morning with paintwork resplendent, Certificate of Roadworthiness for another couple of years, leaking gasket replaced on gearbox and another large hole in my pocket!

This fellah is in port this morning. It arrived with a deck cargo of boats and is busy trying to squeeze another one on. One of the boats is quite large. I guess this is the marine equivalent of a car transporter.

post-7952-0-71764900-1438686100.jpg

• Like 18