The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

McDs staff working

Shard catering standing outside.

Glad we are not in Swansea though. Even my birth city of Cardiff is much nicer.

Other half spilt beans over herself so not happy

PS - someone posted elsewhere that it took them over three hours between LBG and Redhill earlier for what should be just over half hour (although in reality it never is), so we were lucky by comparison.

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

I haven't stopped today. No one task was particularly hard there were just lots. Robbie was very keen to leave me to go to the kennels to see the other dogs. I am glad he enjoys his time there, some people do seem to have dogs that don't cope.

Then a trip to Argos as the iron boiled and died. We reserved it online and I collected it. Aditi wondered why I had chosen the one I did ,being in stock seemed a good enough reason. Then shopping and other errands. I think Matthew will need to invite the neighbours round to eat all the food Aditi has left for him.

I spent some time trying to sort out my iPod touch. It kept insisting the date was back in 1970 ( it is a Unix thing) and it wouldn't connect to iTunes or the App store. All the online help was useless, but just plugging it into a computer with a USB lead sorted it. It can now go on holiday with us as a backup camera. 90 minutes ago Aditi claimed to be really tired and was going to bed. For some reason she decided to look at her work email. I think I will be making more tea soon.

We are off tomorrow lunchtime to Slovenia, flying with the very Orange airline from Stansted. I think we will go the pretty way via Chelmsford to the airport rather than the M11.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all

Have a good time Tony & Aditi - hope the weather will be nice in Slovenia.

Meanwhile our boat has come in(to Weymouth) so that bit seems ok; our destination is still Swansea, at the moment.  In the meanwhile here is the shipping forecast for sea areas Portland and Plymouth - looking on the bright side, it could be worse (and further west it is)  -

post-6859-0-65054700-1438728565.jpg

post-6859-0-26944900-1438728575.jpg

Be good and if you can't please be careful, and hoping that all medication etc procedures continue to do well.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 15

Morning all,

A fairly restful day, which is just as well as No1 daughter from Epping is coming to lunch with two of her brood of three tomorrow. We already have little Freddie booked for lunch and doubtless the nursing sister and her daughter will join us as well - Jock's café?

Rick, both Joanna and I know the 'Tinners Arms' at Zennor very well. They were dog friendly, and an ideal place for a cider after a walk out to Zennor Head with Archie the Westie! We visited at least once every time we holidayed in Cornwall, and it is also handy for a pint after visiting antiquity sites like 'Lanyon Quoit'. The only thing I don't like about the pub is the price tag - you'd have to sell a lot of pints to make the place work!

AndyID, thanks for posting the 'mug shots' - my father acquired one, although it didn't look as pristine as your example and I'm not sure about the legality of said acquisition!. The Glasgow & South Western Society would probably be interested to see it.The society chairman, Ian Middleditch (a fantastic scratch builder of G&SWR locos in 'O' gauge, posts on here in 'The Railways of Scotland' under the name 'ian@stennochs') and I'm sure he would like to see your images!

John(CB), I do miss my pasties so feel quite jealous - the best I've had came from a really old shop in St Ives, prepared in full view by some really old ladies! Forgotten the name to my discredit, but I managed to drop some on our last visit (the 'large' really is too big!) and I can confirm that Archie gave it his seal of approval! Did you take the dogs up to Mên an Tor, and I'm sure you've probably visited the other antiquities there like the Boskednan Circle? I read your post after writing the reply to Rick above, and wondered if you too knew the hostelry? Hope the weather gets better for you as the forecast down there looks scary!

Baz, thanks for the image - as a class, they exude sheer power.

Finally, Tony, hope you and Aditi have a safe and trouble free trip to Slovenia.

The 'hump' is upon us and so it's off to sleep,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night all!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 14

Evenin' all

Have a good time Tony & Aditi - hope the weather will be nice in Slovenia.

Meanwhile our boat has come in(to Weymouth) so that bit seems ok; our destination is still Swansea, at the moment.  In the meanwhile here is the shipping forecast for sea areas Portland and Plymouth - looking on the bright side, it could be worse (and further west it is)  -

attachicon.gifWeather 1.jpg

attachicon.gifweather 2.jpg

Be good and if you can't please be careful, and hoping that all medication etc procedures continue to do well.

Hold on tightly you two,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Enjoy your trips Tony and Aditi and Mr & Mrs Stationmaster.

Really windy in our little corner of red dragon land today er...yesterday.  Our ash tree got a right buffeting.

Hope it's better tomorrow later today.

But good night for now.

Nos da.

• Like 6

Stay safe Mike, Mrs Stationmaster (is Dr. Sc going?). Enjoy yourself!

G’night Jock.  I’m knackered, I just got back from the hardest working 4.5 hours I can remember. I enjoy my “work” as you know but tonight I just feel old. You’ll be pleased to hear that I still did a good job....

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and welcome to "Hump Day".  Doesn't apply to those of us on 7-day rotating rosters of course!

The new roof was tested thoroughly overnight as the wind got up to near gale force and the Heavens opened mightily.  It's all good.  Water runs off it as intended into the tank below.

Safe passage to Mr & Mrs Stationmaster.  Best wishes to all.

I'm off to perform a late turn at the Palace of Attendance where I expect to be blown and chilled until I've had enough.  Back home very early tomorrow morning.

• Like 10

Morning all. Another grey and possibly wet day. Although I slept better last night than I have for the past week or so, I feel absolutely knackered. More coffee required.

Tony - I hope that you both enjoy the break.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Son Steve got caught up in the chaos last night at LBG but sensibly went for a couple of pints then walked to Blackfriars.

Another early start for me as The Boss had to be taken to work. A bit dull and dismal at the moment but should be a dry bright morning with sunny spells but then clouding over with some scattered showers which may turn heavy & thundery. (according to the BBC) I am hoping for some rain later because that will save me watering my (and next door's) plant pots etc.

I'm aching all over but this must be due to inactivity and idleness as I didn't exert myself at all yesterday so a digit needs extracting and a couple of coats of emulsion need to be applied.. Carpet has been ordered and Pat the fitter is champing at the bit to come and fit it. Also have to fit in a quick supermarket visit, trip to the bank then go to Nicki's to put their bins out (and collect my strimmer which is apparently sitting in their garage) - oh and if it doesn't rain said tool needs to be used! And after lunch....?   :scratchhead:

Hope all the holidaymakers have good trips, flights and voyages and the rest of you -

have a good one,

Bob.

PS something tells me that one or two things may not get done today :whistle:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Rain and thunder front last night slightly cooled things off for today, which is just as well. Cats woke me up around 6 am, so I just transferred the photos of yesterday to my computer…

dsc002402ejis.jpg

As pretty much all production Leoliners are currently needed for revenue service, we did get 1302, as suspected. This is the second of the two prototypes, and, mirroring the configuration of 1301, has the full coupler on the rear end and a mechanical-only coupler on the front. Here, we were stood in the old Kleinzschocher loop on Kötzschauer Straße, doing a bit of exploration of options for deviations. There was an outlying depot here until 1959, with the loop through Pörstener Straße, Luckaer Straße and Kötzschauer Straße still being usable if no illegally parked cars are present.

dsc00255l2sab.jpg

We also paid a visit to Taucha, one of three towns outside of Leipzig proper within our network. Here, a timetabled Line 3 turn with 1313 "Knautkleeberg" up front was on the inside loop.

dsc00261dskmx.jpg

Tram in the bush at the Holzhäuser Straße loop on the southern end of Line 4…

dsc002714mkql.jpg

…and in the Sportforum loop near the Central Stadium where a good bakery around the corner provided us with something to eat! I had been driving at the time, continuing to Stötteritz once again…

dsc00283niked.jpg

…and then taking us over to Meusdorf while a rain front was opening the celestial flood gates.

dsc00293e8juo.jpg

As night was falling, we took a last break at Plautstraße once again.

• Like 18

Morning all from La France Profonde.

Beautiful day, sun is shining and the local cats are watching us warily.

Loooong journey yesterday - 3 hour delay in loading in the tunnel. This was due to refugees getting into the tunnel on Monday night, so the whole thing had to be inspected before use.So our 8:50 departure became 12:02. Thereafter OK, but we were late getting here. Daisy was excellent, much different from bringing our boys who, at the slightest delay or disturbance, started a fight.

Discovered that when they fixed my laptop they didn't connect the camera. Fortunately we have the old one with us, so Daisy was able to Facetime her family. Makes a huge difference when kids can do that. Then some Harry Potter and sleeps.

I haven't begun to catch up with ERs yet... I may. If not, I hope all is well with all.

Today we are going to the big market, then for a galette lunch, then to try out the cow bouncy castle in the park. I shall take the photos.

Have a good day, troops.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a village that's a mixture of sunshine and clouds at the moment.  Yesterday was 'interesting'.   The oven man arrived early and as well as starting on the oven found a small gas leak behind the oven so the gas got turned off, just before Beth got in the shower.   I then spent an hour sorting out a gas fitter who arrived after lunch.   It turned out that there was a small leak in the union that the bayonet fitting plugs into.   Anyway it was all sorted in an hour and a half.   However by this time it was getting on for tea time and I was despatched for a Chinese.  Got home to be told.  "The oven's got no gas so I can't warm the plates.".   It turned out the clock needed resetting before it would turn on.

Anyway all this meant we had some heating etc by late afternoon. Meanwhile I got on with trying to reinstall AutoCAD which has stopped working for some reason.  That's still ongoing however whilst it was downloading I managed to get out and file some more overhead mats for Green Ayre.  All the large square wooden ones are now done so they need painting before installation.

Today has now dawned and we are heading off to Bradford for Beth to see the surgeon again about her hip.  I have had a phone call to say that the MRI results have arrived so hopefully we will make some progress.

Mike (SM) I hope that you both enjoy your voyage it sounds great.

To everyone else the usual commiserations etc and hope you all have a good day.

Jamie

Another wet morning but at least the wind has dropped for the time being. The last couple of day's gales and high tides have removed several feet from the dunes and re-profiled the beach again. Consequently there's a lot of maram grass lying around on the beach. It really does have an amazing root system.

Picked up a Hornby Grange on ebay for a reasonable price at the weekend. This may be the next loco to get a new chassis.

Must remember to put the bin out when I get off the laptop. I think some housework beckons today as well.

I hope every ones holidays go well, that the sun shines and the wind takes some time off.

• Like 12