Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I decided that after a day of nothing work related, that a couple of beers were required. An evening of pleasant company, interesting topics covered and a few pints of real ale.

Shaun - Through reading other threads, I'm fully aware of the trials and tribulations that you've been going through. This is excellent news and I certainly hope that you can now progress with all of the planned projects.

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, recovering and missing.

Night all

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Shaun as type two diabetic I avoid simple carbs containg starch, bread potato etc and eat more complex carbs such as green beans I have lost 10% of my body weight and have a blood sugar average of 5.5 % over the last 3 months. A skin complaint which was supposedly incurable faded away until I ate some sugary items.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Yesterday's unbroken (if cold) sunshine has given way to unrelenting cloud cover and we are promised heavy rain and gale force winds later.  All this in an actual temperature of 8C tops so perhaps "feeling like" something minus by the time I have to do the supermarket run later.  4am starts for the next six days are not looking too attractive right now.  Every day is forecast to be cold, wet and windy .........

No further word from Dad so hoping the decline might have at least stabilised for now.  Lovely message from Pendeen following death of friend there; our flowers were "stunning" and "most lovely".  Friend's widow - also of course a good friend of ours - has decided she will stay on the farm and try to maintain that and the holiday-cottage business somehow.  As she says she couldn't think of living anywhere else after 78 years.

Lunch yesterday with MiL and her new man.  Both into their 70s and apparently set to tie a knot sometime.  She and I have never exactly got along well so after 2 1/2 hours I was rather relieved when they decided it was time to go.

Knobclanger has a certain somewhat graphic suggestiveness to it as does dungferret.  I'll adopt tadgerworm and raise you a smurfwipe.

Thoughts with those in need.  Be good until I'm back.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Shaun as type two diabetic I avoid simple carbs containg starch, bread potato etc and eat more complex carbs such as green beans I have lost 10% of my body weight and have a blood sugar average of 5.5 % over the last 3 months. A skin complaint which was supposedly incurable faded away until I ate some sugary items.

SWMBO has adopted a low-carb high fa diet in order to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and lose weight.  It sounds perverse. Eating as much as you want provided it doesn't contain bread, pasta, potatoes and root vegetables.  Fatty chops are the current favourite and a cauliflower puree gives the appearance (thought not the taste) of mashed potato.  

I've no idea how but it seems to work.  Delighted to hear something similar is working for others among us.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

When youngest brother was at Mums, his dog knocked her over and then had to take her to hospital.

When next brother arrived from HK, a few days ago he took her to Oxford where she fell over so he had to take her to hospital and she now has a few stitches.

I am not taking her anywhere unless she is in a padded enclosure!!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Good morning one and all

The bus journey home from the festival was delayed after a small child decided to vomit all over the top deck and we were forced to wait for the following service.

Some people just can't take their drink ...

London was very humid yesterday.  The penchant for short notice cancellations and waffling explanations seems to have spread to Thameslink and I for one am no wiser as to why the 08.10 did not run.  I was planning to get to St Pancras by EMT anyway and did so.  A full English at a cafe in Pentonville Road was followed by a two-stage tube journey to Waterloo.  Ian Allan had the book I wanted - a new colour album of London trolleybuses -  so after a brief natter with a friend who works there it was out into the hot city.  The next few hours were killed by riding a bus from Waterloo to Wood Green [80 minutes] and from there to Leicester Square [about an hour].  The next leg was to Archway by Northern Line, changing at the labyrinth that is Camden Town.  An RF single decker bus hove into view on route 210 as was so often the case in the 1950s and 60s.  Apparently there was an open day at Holloway garage, formerly known as Highgate.  I wish I had known beforehand!  One more short bus ride to the Coronet and a well attended meeting of RGMAS [the music appreciation group] and then home.  Despite repeated sponging with cold water when I got home I still feel utterly manky and will have a long but lukewarm wallow shortly.

I do not think that I will be very energetic today.

Best wishes to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.  Good luck in keeping cool ...

Chris

• Like 2

When youngest brother was at Mums, his dog knocked her over and then had to take her to hospital.

When next brother arrived from HK, a few days ago he took her to Oxford where she fell over so he had to take her to hospital and she now has a few stitches.

That's some dog though.

• Like 1

On the subject of gazebos:

I borrowed a brand new example the Christmas before last to act as Santa's Grotto.

It could not have been more securely fastened down - even drilling into tarmac to provide fixing points and ropes over the ridge.

In the morning it was flattened with shards of metal scattered over a wide area and the seat and table inside smashed to pieces.

I replaced the gazebo with another new example (it wasn't a cheap version) and now Santa's Grotto is in the Gazebo which is erected and decorated in the Village Hall.

Just thought you'd like to know that!

I will long remember battling with the remains at great personal risk at dawn. 

• RMweb Premium

Yeah I see what you mean. Can't blame the autocorrect for poor grammar!

I will blame the rather nice Porter at over 7% for that

I would blame Admiral Lord Nelson.  He also suffered from a missing "I" ;)

Edited by Gwiwer

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the Charente. SWMBO and I retired relatively early last night leaving the younger ones outside. She's now on the warpath as her vodka bottle s empty and the table is a mess of empty bottles, glasses and a nearly empty 5 litre wine box. The boss and I are not happy.

Anyway the day looks good and sunny. I'm due to take three of the various guests to a market this morning then the family to the airport this afternoon. No 2 son may well be redeeming himself by using his skills with a chainsaw.

Best wishes to all the ailing etc.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Surfacing after a rather warm day at the track. I had a good time, but feel they've rather under-egged the non-alcoholic beverage outlets, which is a pity when temperatures have been above 30. Very long queues bore me, so by mid afternoon I left the circuit and cluttered off to Super U in Arnage to buy a lot of water. Then sat in the car-park there and guzzled water and fresh orange totalling rather more than a litre. Plenty of Brits coming and going there for essential spplies e.g. French bread for the barbie etc.. And not every Super U has a car park full of Porsches, Cobras, Maseratis and TVRs, either.

Spent a pleasant couple of hours in the evening with three Germans mulling over this and that - everything from what has happened to former drivers to what will Brexit mean. All the while cars rushing past, not to mention an elderly low-wing monoplane leaving amazing vapour-trails overhead.

Tadgerworm stands out among the new crop of abusive terms, by being perhaps a distant cousin of that ghastly condition Galloping Knob Rot.

Back to look at more cars in the sun. Hope your Sunday works for you.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. I'll be sure to make this another slow day as my shift tomorrow will start at 4.48 am. Some additional work has been accomplished in the garden but I'll need to revisit the garden centre some time next week for some bits. As I'll be on early shifts throughout, I should be able to do that after work.

Shaun, I'm happy to hear you're feeling so much better now. I certainly don't envy anyone to be afflicted with diabetes…

Best wishes to everyone and good vibes to anyone in need for any reason!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Up before 7 on a Sunday! Morning all, things I do for my children. After a wet night it is at present damp underfoot but not raining. Yesterday was a washout after shopping finished there was little left of the day and even less inclination to do anything at all. Every day is a new day as they say so onwards and upwards hope every has the best day they can. 

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very windy yesterday evening I had to add some extra ties to the tarpaulin. Some rain overnight but doesn't seem much. Sat eating breakfast and catching up on here when there was a sudden scrabbling at the back door.  A sudden heavy shower had taken Monty by surprise.

Jamie if someone had a skinful last night they wouldn't be fit to drive. I think extra care if using a chainsaw.

Have as good a day as you can.

Don

Good morning everyone. A quick switch from marking pages as Black 5's - to formally name this page 5021 "Whittington Castle".

post-13478-0-08467300-1468135389_thumb.jpeg

The young child was clearly not the only person who "could not take her drink" - Sarah woke up ill in the night. I think the alcohol did not combine well with her rhinitis. She was feeling very sorry for herself.

Best wishes to all, especially to those with illnesses of their own or parents / in-laws to consider.

The weather is better this morning - the sun is shining and it is dry although quite windy. An early football match will start the day then, if I still have energy left, I plan to go out into the garden to pull up some weeds and lay a couple more foundation blocks for the garden railway project.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 13

Morning all. Grey and a very light drizzle means that some of the plans for the day work in my favour.

A bit of shopping is required followed by a mountain of ironing while watching the British GP.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Reserved for the next unwanted cold-caller upon the telling-bone:

"Of all the c0ckwombles upon this fair planet which it has been my mispleasure to encounter your ar$ebadgery exceeds them by a score of tadgerworms. You art a smurfwipe, a bogpuss, a knobwrangler among men. Young man, I declare you to be a c**tpuffin."

Note the newly-listed term "bogpuss" ;)

• Like 13

Wet again this morning. It seems it was like that here for most of the time we were away, which accounts for the abundant growth in the garden. Still catching up on the (indoor) jobs that build up during four weeks of travelling (including minor repairs to motorhome).