The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

See why I keep saying that for being in this job, you have to be a certifiable nerd? :mosking: :yes:

To quote myself – I didn't intend that to sound negative, but just to emphasise that nerdy folks such as me and numerous others I have encountered in the company so far are, I think, especially likely to come up with such ideas as in the RNV video, and appreciate the humour of such quirks!

Shift tomorrow starts at 5.38 am, so, night all…

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Just got back from the meal out which went very well, and miracle of miracles non one argued about the bill which we just split 11 ways. As we finished the sky was getting darker and darker to the southwest and just as we got home the rain started in earnest. Not a bad night and Beth says thanks for the good wishes. We are now the same age for the next 6 weeks.

Jamie

• Like 16

Evening all.

The bad tooth is marginally better, I've reduced the paracetamol and am on penicillin - so no alcohol.

Funeral and German lesson tomorrow, then knee appointment on Thursday.  The paracetamol is blocking the pain in the knee, not a good idea as I might be tempted to do something daft.

Bill

Good evening all!

The idea of a beer at Warley sounds good! Both days, too! Done it ever since it was first suggested (ChrisF, perhaps?)

However, this year, it seems I am on the list of staff to populate our stand, especially since we are not only hosting DCC Concepts and Nick Duxfield, but also Märklin! so probably won't be able to get to the 'Spoons, and if I could, I'm on a no-alcohol contract! By all means, come on the stand and have a chat (as RoundHouse, Calaude Dreyfus, EMT_911 and BenR did at our Open Weekend the other week!). Look forward to meeting you.

• Like 8

Barcelona strolled to a 7-0 victory - hoping to see a match at the Camp Nou next February.

Still very warm here and the 'Boys' - our nickname for the RAF Typhoon flyers some five miles west of us - are very active tonight.

Energy levels are dropping so 'goodnight all' !

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

You could try putting it on yourself, of course.

If when I arrive home, Mrs W is 'working in the kitchen' there is no way I'm going to be allowed in at the same time!

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Tuesday means it's put the bins out and Sainsbury's Grand Prix night, but not tonight, rain, with thunder and lightening was so heavy, we decided to leave it until tomorrow instead. Not much else of interest happened tonight.

I like the idea of a kettle in the man cave, though I'll have to put a tap and maybe a sink in, then there's cups, milk etc. On reflection though, it's probably cheaper to wait until she offers to make me a cuppa.

Goodnight all.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Tuesday means it's put the bins out and Sainsbury's Grand Prix night, but not tonight, rain, with thunder and lightening was so heavy, we decided to leave it until tomorrow instead. Not much else of interest happened tonight.

I like the idea of a kettle in the man cave, though I'll have to put a tap and maybe a sink in, then there's cups, milk etc. On reflection though, it's probably cheaper to wait until she offers to make me a cuppa.

Goodnight all.

A much better idea for the man cave is an intercom................

"Tea up!"

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A much better idea for the man cave is an intercom................

"Tea up!"

Cheers,

Mick

She keeps threatening to buy a large bell (think ships type bell) for outside the back door so she can ring it when it's brew time! Edited by BSW01
  • Like 9

Looks like a massive electrical storm coming our way from the south-east. Ian may well be copping it at the moment. We can see lots of lightning, but at the moment we can't hear the thunder.

Given my experience of the last big storm I'll be unplugging everything!

• RMweb Premium

Just seen a girl get to the unmanned barriers at Purley, look round to see if any staff were looking then jump the barriers. Cameras all over the place but they don't stop people avoiding to have valid tickets

I am pleased (with a wry smile) and frustrated (as a fare-paying passenger) to see that you too have your quota of Shareholders.  ;)

Some of ours would qualify for the Olympic hurdles team.

• Like 2

Good morning one and all

Thanks to Bill for attempting the Archers trivia question.  The answer I sought was Leon Tanner, who played PC Jim Coverdale.  He was married to Hedli Niklaus who plays Kathy Perks - though not lately - and used to run Archers Addicts.  Lest you ask, I was never a member.

Back in the real world (!) I am paying a visit to Poorly Pal today.  We are having stir fried prawns for lunch and I must remember not to put too much chilli in it this time.  It looks to be another sweltering day, not the best kind to be in the shed where the layout lives.  This evening RCTS Hitchin plays host to John Jolly of Mangapps, always an entertaining speaker.

News yesterday that Jack Carty, the Australian singer-songwriter that I have been championing lately, is returning to the UK in October.  With more dates to be announced the nearest to me so far is in Witney but the venue looks awfully night-clubby or, to put it another way, awful.  I do hope that a London date will be added to the list.

I cannot pretend to be all that excited about the impending move of Bake-Off to Channel 4.  Anyone would think that it is a matter of national importance.  Of far greater concern is whether Helen will be allowed to keep her children.  Her new baby must not be allowed to live with the name Gideon.  It reminds me of George Osborne.

Enough, you say.  OK then.  Best wishes to all travellers and to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.

Chris  

• Like 2