The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Conversations:

BT:

We don't offer the Nectar Card.

Nectar:

2,600 points - BT Broadband + BT Vision + BT Phone
2,250 points - BT Broadband + BT Vision
1,250 points - BT Broadband
1,000 points - BT Vision
350 points - BT Phone
2,000 points - a 20GB SIM only plan
1,500 points - a 2GB SIM only plan
1,000 points - a 500MB SIM only plan
1,000 Points - Mobile New Low Plan
1,250 Points - Mobile New Med Plan
1,500 Points - Mobile New High Plan

Who is mistaken? 

• Like 2

Conversations:

BT:

We don't offer the Nectar Card.

Nectar:

1,000 points - BT Vision

350 points - BT Phone

Who is mistaken?

Someone is lying.

• RMweb Gold

1,000 points - BT Vision

350 points - BT Phone

Not that many points really when you have to divide them by four.

Good afternoon.

Was expecting an important phone call. Got another Indian (another nationalities are available) telling me I have been injured in a car accident that was not my fault. I gave a two word reply and hung up. However, it got me thinking how they hope to make money. Are they just waiting for someone to make up something to go along with them or what? Is anyone that stupid or greedy? It has to be a fairly thankless job.

Best wishes

Ed

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Feeling a lot better now, the cause was a gastric problem that now seems to have cleared, just as well I laid down on the bed as its not to far to the loo, anything else is just TMI. My local Homebase informed me that Nectar cards will still be accepted until the end of the year but it might depend on the individual store. Bye for now, be back later.

All we need now is the 'Daily Wail' to pick up the story and run it and we'll be guaranteed months of balmy weather right through the winter with occasional thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Your wish is my command Mike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3875002/Brrrrr-itain-braced-big-freeze-Long-cold-winter-ice-blizzards-weeks-snow-set-arrive-month.html

Regards from Cardiff sitting in front of the gas fire,

Dave

• Like 2

All work has been completed and submitted. No more work until next Thursday.

Tomorrow morning I head for a week away visiting Bovington Tank Museum on route to South East Devon

Time to sort out some reading and modelling material.

Tomorrow will be an ER of my own choice.

Back later

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Busybusybusy....good busy though.  Mrs NHN's hand recovering well from surgery, much better than the other one was, which was quite painful for many weeks.

On the subject of ER's missing, Mike 60880 is OK, I had a brief chat on FB - just life and love taking a lot of time, which is nice.

• Like 18

Evening all.

Working in reverse, I'm back from Peter Clark.  Programming a Cobalt point motor is embarrassingly easy: I'll be able to do them myself from now on.  But Jamie needs to know we didn't adjust the CVs on The Beast, so it will sit and glare at you for about three seconds before moving off. And I do mean glare. Not as snappy as the Lenz locos.

Previously a successful day in London.  Two new sweatshirts from Marks so I can post the old one's to the Vatican.  Then the bedroom TV and a posh lap top purchased from John Lewis.  The latter will merely be a super typewriter, so I don't plan to connect to the Webby thing; except that is the only way to download Microsoft.  Tony A, who posts here occasionally, can expect a phone call.  The only problem was my Partner card didn't work in the card reader so payment made with my Nationwide card.  Then the Trafalgar Square post office to send the second letter to Germany for Spur Null bits, including zwei Schaukästen, so Tony will be asked for a doctored map of the Franken railway system and arrival and departure boards for Höchstädt.  Then to the Nationwide to pay off the cards - I don't like being in debt!

Previously Mr CATFord (and dog)had brought over a couple of lorries he had worked on.  He had some good news, because Empingham (which we are looking after for Peter Rumbelow's family) has an exhibition booking.  Incidentally, if any exhibition manager wants a 12' round layout (two cars, four operators), do get in touch.

Saints won, beer being consumed, keep well all.  Bill

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

The afternoon was spent reading and also inspecting my eyelids. But in between I did start the physio exercises and I can already see an improvement in the movement of my little finger. So I will continue to complete them knowing that they are doing some good.

Tomorrow afternoon I've an appointment with the surgeon, so another dressing change is probably on the cards as he'll no doubt want to see how his handiwork is doing.

Tonight will be a little strange, having to sleep wearing the splint, but again it's all for the good.

Time for bed now, so I'll bid you all goodnight.

• RMweb Premium

More windows and doors nearly complete. That's enough for tonight now. Up early to do some work on the adjacent warehouse.

Just one more day at work this week.

Four more days at work for me and then it's back to Monday to start the working week........

(Saturday should be a medium day and Sunday even shorter)

Commute tomorrow and Friday to do some more settling in to the new job. Hopefully many small (but important) tasks will be accomplished over the next 2 days.

Just attended a meeting for the local town bonfire and firework display. I was the H&S manager for the event since 2010, but due to work/family commitments, I've stood down. I went along to advise my replacement of his duties on the day and I've volunteered to be his "runner" for the evening and I'm quite looking forward to it.

However, I've found out that one employee of the local council has been sticking his unwanted oar in about a few (none) issues. The community bonfire was cancelled four years ago, at the disappointment of about 5000 people, because nobody on the (entirely voluntary) bonfire committee would work with him. He was on the local "Event Safety Action Group" (ESAG) as H&S officer. The event plan had reached a tome about 4 inches thick and he was moving the goalposts every other week. He even had a charity duck-race and triathlon event cancelled because of his "concerns" over traffic management. He became rapidly unpopular with a large contingent of the local community. 

As a result of public pressure, the ESAG was disbanded and a smaller, simpler safety group established at the council - but somehow, he is still on it, even though the council then employed someone else with direct H&S duties who had a much more common-sense approach. The replacement event plan is 3/4" of printed matter. Most of the council realised that the community bonfire event was a safe and sensible idea as it minimised the risk of lots of unorganised bonfires and firework displays with the attendant risks and actively encouraged and helped us to organise the event.

The last three years have gone very smoothly without his involvement. This has largely been because the chief executive officer at the council was approached by the bonfire committee to keep this guy out of any planning. But the chief executive has since retired and his successor isn't quite so wise to this guy's tactics.....

In the last couple of weeks, a few questions have been asked by various other members of the council's safety group and it's very clear that all the answers are in the event plan that was presented to the group about three months ago. It's pretty clear that the action group haven't read the document........... and it's likely that our favourite guy is providing bullets to other people to fire.

At the meeting, I was shown a inter-council document from our friendly H&S man that described the unwanted guy as using "sophistry" to try and get the bonfire cancelled.

We had to look up the definition and we think it's a perfect bullsh!t bingo alternative to "killjoy lying self-righteous over-officious little barsteward" that we all consider him to be.

And to finish on a lighter note - my new lighting tower for the layout arrived from Express Models after waiting four months for it (they are only produced in small batches and sell out immediately). I must get on and setup the relevant boards to work on DL for it's next outing in June 2017.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

For all concerned about the wagon owner.  He was spruced up this morning and is ready to greet exhibition goers.

Then, I had a go at putting passengers inside one of CQ's buses.  That was a tight squeeze, even with their legs removed to get them in and one broken knife blade (my fingers are still intact, ta)!  And that wasn't all.  I had to abandon my "4mm" white metal figures - too big! - in favour of smaller plastic figures from the RTP sellers.  I also had to use a different bus than planned as one comes apart and the other doesn't - not easily, anyway.  Even the first glue I tried didn't stick them in, but the second sort did.  Top tip / Warning - weather your wagons before your OH puts the Kadee couplings on...guess what's on the to do list tomorrow!

Good news.  In looking for said knife, this morning, I found Station Cat-on-luggage which went "missing" months ago. It was in the exhibition box where it should have been! I obviously didn't look very hard as it seems it's been there all the time!!!!  Should've gone to...

Well, at least the cauliflower cheese turned out OK for evening dinner.

' Night all and nos da.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Polly:

I've seen it suggested that the personnel in model vehicles be a scale or so smaller that the bus/coach to allow for the thickness of the sides being overscale (suitable for armoured vehicles).

Morning all. A great nights sleep and for a change I don't feel totally shattered.

A quick coffee before heading off to South East Devon and hopefully internet access is good.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 17