RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Well I've had an interesting evening - nothing to do with Doris.

Listening to music about 7:20 when somebody starts hammering the front door.

I am greeted by a lady with teenage daughter - she tells me her car, a 53 plate Range Rover is on fire and what street is she in so that she can tell the fire brigade? It seems she was driving the recently Mot'd car when some smoke starts to come from the dashboard so she pulls in.

While she  is speaking to the Fire people I stick my head out of my door to see flames starting to appear from the dashboard. Well it suddenly goes up with a hell of a whoosh and the car is well alight with black smoke everywhere. At this point the brigade arrive and do their thing putting the fire out in a matter of minutes. The worst bit was as the fire took hold the horn sounded continuously until the lads disconnected the battery.

The lady was a bit worried as the daughter's riding tack was in the car!

The main thing is nobody was hurt.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

In the saga of the Estate of the man with the double life, I think I've seen it all now. Turns out he was running hard-core bondage pay-websites (which are still active according to my client) with his partner and both of them feature heavily in them. Quite an eye-opener, and my client is now going through a bit of a mental crisis having discovered all this about her late father.

Interestingly, I've seen the bank accounts of the deceased. At the time he died, he had a fairly healthy balance spread across a small number of accounts. That's how it stayed for quite a while after he died, until a nine-day period in November last year when over three-and-a-half grand was transferred to the account of the deceased's partner, leaving one account overdrawn. The last tranche of money moved out three days before I was instructed for the first time.....

You do see life. Sounds like something illegal went on with the bank accounts. I wonder what the bank has to say about it. 

Don

• RMweb Premium

Believe me, the stuff my client insisted on showing me was pretty full-on. We're talking bondage, breath deprivation, nothing left to the imagination.

Links please.............

:no:  :no: :no:  

• Like 1

Morning all from a rather damp and blustery village where Doris appears to be knocking on the door.    Belated good wished to ChrisF on the safe return of the Polo.   I hope that it doesn't have a hole in it.    

Jamie

Surely, it must be in mint condition?

Yes, Doris has left the 'drier side of Britain' (sound of laughter in the background) and amazingly we have escaped the power cuts affecting 400 homes.

I say amazingly as our electricity arrives on overhead lines rather than being buried under the fenland. Like the East Coast mainline somewhat west of us, they are prone to blow down. On the way home from Daughter's house, we passed a group of four or five Western Power vehicles, presumably having a seance ..... :superstition:

Doris struck here but the only evidence is distributed paper recycling everywhere. None of it was ours, so whether ours is inhabiting three streets away is anyone's guess. Good job I thought it a good idea not to put the shredding out!

Getting to work was a breeze - it's half term in Brum. Then at about 3 this afternoon a message came round that there were no trains ion and out of Birmingham - we're just north of Proof House Junction and it had been observed that it was quiet. I was giving a lecture at four following immediately from one for the same group in the same place at three, so went it, did my bit quick and told them of the problems with transport and told them to look at the various websites for information. With the trains out the buses would be rammed.

Then colleague and I (he who normally takes the train) escaped pronto, I dropped him off at the station where his car was and then came home to cook. 

We've been lucky.

• Like 2

Mr York we need a groan button

I presume, not having quoted it (an annoyance that exists prevails on this forum!), that you refer to one of my posts? (The cap doesn't fit and I'm not wearing it!)

Check the warning in my signature!

BTW, I refrain from referring to 'one of my EARLIER posts'  as I am not a time lord, so it could not have been anything other than earlier!

• Like 1

.... Sounds like something illegal went on with the bank accounts. I wonder what the bank has to say about it...

The bank will say that they didn't know the account holder was dead until my Firm was instructed, the bank accounts tracked down, and the bank informed of the death.

I said that I'd be back later. Much later after playing testing the new controller on the layout.

NHN - Good to see that you're back home. Maybe it's time for a modelling tray to stop you getting bored.

I don't feel too good at the moment so I'll see how I am in the morning as far as work goes.

Night all

• RMweb Gold

The bank will say that they didn't know the account holder was dead until my Firm was instructed, the bank accounts tracked down, and the bank informed of the death.

I have no doubt of that but on whose instructions were they acting and didn't clearing the accounts raise a fraud alarm. Methinks the Bank missed something. 

Don

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

My trip to see orifice was uneventful, if a little blustery, but plenty of rain. The wind really picked up about 10:30 ish. It didn't stop until early evening. Thankfully it's all quite now, but it does keep raining every so often. It played havoc with our wheelie bins, next doors ended up in the middle of the road, spilling it's contents everywhere, luckily ours have stayed put. There are lots of broken branches on all of the roads locally, but we seem to have escaped any serious damage.

Today's meeting was a very long one, didn't get out until after 2:00. Goodness knows why it lasted so long as there was nothing of great importance discussed.

Brownie points earned on the way home, by calling to pick up a few bits and pieces from the Trafford Centre, meaning that we didn't have to go out for them tonight.

I posted the problems that I've been waiting experiencing with my control panel on a MERG forum earlier this evening and I have one or two possible solutions to the problem which I will try out over the weekend, it may me something as simple as fitting a heat sink on the voltage regulator.

I had a great deal of trouble getting onto the rmweb this evening, after 20 minutes of waiting for the next page, I gave up.

I still regularly listen to Pink Floyd's Echoes in the car, as well as obscured By Clouds, Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here, which is my personal favourite and my stress buster. I listened to that one when I returned home from hospital after Sheila had given birth of each of my 3 children.

Goodnight all.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. My niece has taken up researching the family history so I have been passing on my own research which I haven't done much with for the last few years. One branch of the family has gone back to someone born in 1516, I haven't counted the number of generations but reckoning on four or five each century that must be between 20 and 25 generations. Biggest problem is that being now of the 'senior' generation there's no one else I can ask.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Doris rattled the roof at work today, but nothing too disastrous.

Quite busy over the last few days getting some demo items ready for the Glasgow show this weekend. I won't be there, but some of my handiwork will be..

post-408-0-60072100-1487890677_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-52726200-1487890678_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-33865600-1487890679_thumb.jpg

Although the wiring was reasonably quick, painting of the boxes and finishing the top mimic panel took the most time.

I haven't got finished pictures of this one, it uses the Cobalt S levers to represent a signal box frame.

post-408-0-04210500-1487890680_thumb.jpg

They plug directly into a NCE DCC system and both worked first time with just a couple of LEDs to switch over as they were displaying the wrong way round.

And I had to do my "normal" work stuff as well so it's been non-stop apart from a 3 minute walk to my new local model shop to collect a couple of Dapol 68s. I was so impressed with them (despite the livery error on one of them), that I had a rush of blood and bought a third one......... I can justify two as late Christmas and birthday presents - maybe I can blag the third as a silver wedding anniversary present to self for lasting this long?

Both panels will be on the Gaugemaster stand in the DCC Concepts section at the SECC this weekend. Ask Richard or Chris to have a look inside!

My original background is electrical control panel design - something I always enjoyed doing, so having to do it for model railways and getting paid for it is win-win!

No POETS as I'll be busy with other projects - I have a test track build to "manage".

Hockey Sunday night - another end of season "four-pointer" against the team at the bottom, only two places below.

Have a good Friday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 16

I have no doubt of that but on whose instructions were they acting and didn't clearing the accounts raise a fraud alarm. Methinks the Bank missed something..

I will be raising that with the banks. There is a 3-letter code next to each of the cash transfers, marked "FPO". I understand this to denote "Faster Payments Order". They appear nowhere else in the statements.

My suspicion is that the partner had access to the deceased's accounts and decided to clear out the money before Solicitors got involved.

Is it theft? I am in two minds as to whether to go to the Police, but would they brush it away as a "civil matter"?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I will be raising that with the banks. There is a 3-letter code next to each of the cash transfers, marked "FPO". I understand this to denote "Faster Payments Order". They appear nowhere else in the statements.

My suspicion is that the partner had access to the deceased's accounts and decided to clear out the money before Solicitors got involved.

Is it theft? I am in two minds as to whether to go to the Police, but would they brush it away as a "civil matter"?

Very difficult to tell if it was a joint account, however I strongly suspect that the Met would say it was a civil matter.  Maybe I'm getting cynical.  

I wish you luck with it Ivan.

Jamie

• Like 3