Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

A far better journey from Devon to Derbyshire but numerous second lane cockwombles along with several bumperhumpers.

After watching the F1 qualifying I went to the club rooms and met AndyP of this parish to help with setting up for tomorrow. I'm now nice and relaxed after some excellent food and a couple of pints.

Time to catch up on other areas of RMweb.

Back later

Thanks Duncan, and your help, as always is really appreciated, and thanks for the Stock purchases mate, I'm looking forward to seeing them on Hinton Ampner.

• Like 9

Evening all,

So the plan was to go up town to make various purchases, post the holiday payment and suss out holiday money.  As ever, things didn't go to plan .....

I won't be purchasing money from the Post Office, their rates are 6% worse than Marks!  (I normally compare PO, Marks and Sainsbury.  The PO attitude is interesting, having quoted the worst rate, they then expect me to purchase there and then.)

I purchased a PC case, actually for the flat bed scanner, from John Lewis.  Having got home,  the shoulder strap was missing.  Actually critical, so another trip up to London.  Back at Victoria, there was a longish wait for by Grove Park train and Wetherspoons had a very nice mild on tap.  One thing led to another, but I'm now home and ready for bed.

Happy Easter one and all.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The back was feeling a lot better until just now when I filled the washing machine and put it on. Another couple of paracetamols should ease things a bit. AndyB, I'd be tempted to call the fire brigade claiming the bonfire was out of control, they will certainly put it out and leave it too wet to relight.

• Like 2

Andy, Celtic Woman has undergone several line up changes through the years, with members joining and leaving. This is a concert from back in 2006, when their original line up had just been expanded with Ms Westenra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8VeshPgJzo

(and yes, Lisa Kelly was pregnant at the time, she took some time off for her first, and later her 2nd, before leaving altogether. Pity, she has a lovely and very distinctive voice)

This link has more CW videos:

https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl#q=celtic+woman+youtube

You can download them for viewing on your PC or even the TV if it's smart enough, so Sarah and Amber can enjoy them too ;)

Maybe they even like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mC0rWgUqTc

And the full Hyde Park show, with a spectacular "Grand Finale":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdVF2pefNpg

So, open a bag of crisps, have some "lemonade" (at least for Amber, what you pour in for yourself and Sarah is probably a bit stronger ;) ), sit back and enjoy!

HTH!

Thanks for these, I will enjoy during a peaceful moment in the future. It is not Sarah's type of music so it is one to enjoy alone. Just been checking out their albums on Amazon. After watching the previous videos I researched the group online and learnt about the various line up changes including Hayley Westernra's time with the group. The name of Chloe Agnew rings a memory bell too for some reason. Edited by andyram
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

It's been a quiet night, after a curry it was watching some recorded TV and a bottle of red.

I encountered a cockwomble on the way home from dropping of Evie, she was driving the wrong way up a oneway street. Just as she got to the junction with the main road, she meet a car going the correct way. Now this driver could have let her through, but no, the idiot cockwomble was forced to reverse all the way back! Nice one I thought.

In our area, bonfires are not allowed to be lit Monday-Saturday between dawn to dusk. Many years ago we had a neighbour who lit a bonfire on a Saturday afternoon. I went along and politely asked him to put it out, to which he agreed to do so. But 30 minutes later he was still adding stuff to it, so I got my hosepipe, added a few hose extensions to it, went along and put it out myself. It was so wet after I'd finished, he couldn't have relight even if he'd tried to.

Goodnight all

• Like 14

Cooler and breezy day here today compared to earlier days this week.

The dog has been quiet since the family went back. No little friends to stroke him. The house is all straightened and all the laundry done. Tonights beer one of many brought over from Belgium was Trappistes Rochefort coming in at 9.2%, and very tasty.

Spent some time cleaning two bits of ordnance that my father had. The left hand one is stamped "7 GRAT(sic) WAR 1914".

post-19606-0-70013900-1492296338_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

York show today. . .Hartlepool To York return 13.40 on Grand Central . . Would have been a shame not to.

Overlord is A very impressive exhibit, as were most on display. . Jamie was wrestling with some woodwork so I didn't interrupt.

I also finally joined the N Gauge Society.

A good day.

Goodnight everyone . . Sleep well.

John

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

A busy day today. A walk along the beach to Boggle Hole and then back so my exercise for the day was done. The rest of the day ncluded some eyelid inspection.

Baz

Edited as kobo plus hit and miss WiFi created havoc with my posting...

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A long time ago, the current Canadian Prime Minister's father introduced "Wage and Price controls". Part of them was a limit on wage increases without a promotion. Our company enthusiastically endorsed them. A large number of people (in higher positions than mine!) received titles of Assistant Vice President or something. At the time I thought it was a compensation prize for no increase. I see a different process now.

Good morning one and all

The soil in the garden was not as puddingy as I feared after the rain and a space was cleared of triffids for the six new strawberry plants.  An hour and a half of hacking and hewing was more than enough for one day.  If the weather is half decent on Monday I may get the mower out for a cut of the uneasy blend of grass, dandelions and nettles is well overdue.

I’m off to York today.  It looks like another good show and I hope to bump into some chums.  Breakfast should be at Markham Moor where an Olympic with tea is only £8, or was last time I stopped there.  It is one of those Little Chefs that has been refurbished at the behest of Heston Blumenthal, like me an Old Latymerian and possibly the only restaurateur to be named after a service area.  The sounds of birdsong in the khazi are delightfully incongruous.

Warm thoughts to those in distress

Chris

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning and a Happy Easter :D

To our Christian members "Hallelujah - He is Risen!"
To our Chocovian members "Hooray - The Easter Bunny is coming!"
To the polytheists and terminally confused "Hallelujah - the Easter Bunny is Risen and is coming!"

Painting today is being supported by a large breakfast of bacon, tomatoes, fried eggs (non-chocolate variety) and a thick slice of sourdough toast.  

A report has arrived from the Hill of Strawberries indicating SWMBO and my sister thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon strolling, lunching and coffee-ing around Twickenham and beside the Thames along Cross Deep.  Both seem in very good spirits with SWMBO noticeably more able with getting around and managing steps than she has been, and sister enjoying the chance to get away from home, what to do with Dad's ashes (and when - waiting for me apparently) and an adult autistic son (plus his live-in "special needs" young lady) unable to leave home for all sorts of reasons.

The layout small object of academic interest is into its final 24 hours in complete form.  This time tomorrow the farm scene will be removed and collected by its new owner which leaves the way open for a quick dismantling of the rest during the week ahead.  Painting-assistant friend has also staked a claim to anything he can recover by way of track and woodwork.  

Enjoy the day.  Celebrate according to your tradition and beliefs.  Try to not over-eat chocolate.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, Happy Easter to all and Sundry, to reply to Rick and other believers, he is Risen Indeed.

To all others I wish you a happy day.

Off to church shortly for the early service in the garden then bacon and egg butties before setting up for the main morning service.   I'm in charge of the butties so anything may happen.

York was enjoyable and John (2S) you should have introduced myself.  I had finally managed to get the guy at Totems to do the three name labels for my layout and was just putting the fascia boards back in their carrier.

Godspell last night was excellent, it's the first time that I've seen it and it was very good.  The friends that we went with at both Salvation Army and are teetotal but did buy a raffle ticket.   Rachel joked that if she won the bottle of wine she would have to give it away.  Lo and behold she did win the said bottle of red.   Beth and I have now to dispose of it over dinner with the outlaws tonight.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 18

Here is the satellite view of my flat in Babbacombe, Torquay, a five minute walk to the cliffs above Oddicombe Beach and about seven minutes to reach our favourite pub, on a good day with a following wind!

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Torquay+TQ1+3NF,+UK/@50.4813258,-3.5142273,15z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x486d0e34d2a6c083:0x92a79441704d916e

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Sunny morning here in Robin Hoods Bay.

Today is the annual egg fling day. Imagine a beach with a line across it. About 60 people in pairs stand opposite each other either side of said line, one person holding an unboiled egg. Pass egg to partner. Both take a step back. Pass egg. Another step back..continue until egg breaks or only one pair left....mad? yes!

It may be on baycam but some American visitors filmed it and it went onto utube. They described it as a quaint English tradition.

Have a great day!

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning everyone; last night Mrs R and I ambled down to the local cinema to see Hidden Figures. Without giving too much of the plot away it's the story of three talented African American lady mathematicians and their part in the space race of the early nineteen sixties. As well as being a thoroughly enjoyable film it comes with a message that societies benefit from inclusion, that discrimination disadvantages all. It's quite an appropriate message for our time too given the pronouncements by the badly thatched buffoon in the white house and our own country's obsession with immigration.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Reasonably bright start  with some cloud which will probably increase accompanied by patchy rain.

Much activity here with The Boss bringing me tea at 6.40 muttering "there's lots to do today."  I took that as a hint that she wanted me up out of bed and getting started on "something." My suggestion of a large cooked breakfast was met with " I haven't got time for that" then she must have remembered that I'm in the good books with Brownie Points in credit and is, as I type, wielding a frying pan so I may return later. That is if there is time before all our visitors arrive at noon onwards.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 6