The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

It was nice and dry here this morning, so I decided to pressure wash the patio, over the winter months it has become unaccountably filthy. Following the failure of the old pressure washer last year I purchased one of the better Karcher washers via Amazon -  turned out to be £60 cheaper than Argos or Homebase.

Did a great job on the patio, it's nice and white again.

Of course it's rained in the past couple of hours!

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I suppose I never had much chance with not smoking being brought up in pubs in the Fifties when most people seemed to smoke and with a Mum who was one of the Craven A models in WW2.

post-5890-0-22922900-1493662416_thumb.jpg

I think I was 10 when I first tried one but only started regularly when 15 and eventually gave up on June 30th 2007 aged 59 which you may remember was the day before they brought in the smoking ban in pubs.

Do I wish I'd never started? - bloody right I do!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

We recently ordered some new curtains for the guest bedroom. Aditi asked me to put them up. I must be getting more feeble, it seemed like hard work. Anyway they look nice. I didn't fall off the step stool either. So two tasks completed today without shedding blood. Just off to the garage to move a couple of items...

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Welcome to our newest ER and I hope you find RMweb to your liking Dick. Facebook was almost unheard of when I retired but then I had a good relationship with most of my colleagues anyway. There was a couple of awkward so-and-so's but they usually didn't take part in the the 'outside of work' activities much to everybody's relief. I am as many ER's are aware quite active on Facebook being admin on 5 groups and one of those groups I created myself. There are plenty of model railway groups on Facebook including one pertaining to RMweb that is useful on the rare occaissions that RMweb is down for updates.

• Like 5

Got back from Bridgnorth in the occasional rain. Offloaded the car and then I went shopping. took the self-scanner to save time however half way round the technology failed. Henwomble on the checkout didn't know what to do and had to be shown - several time -  and then proceeded to turn the patisserie box (which contained the last two fruit tarts) upside down whilst asking someone else what they should do with it. I did question the competence of the said henwonble and was quickly ushered off to another checkout to complete. 

Not happy with the series of failures, and having to go and wash up to remove the muck fro my hands when some of the veg was covered with some type of Chinese sauce.

Have now cooked a Chinese meal for us - having had to wash detritus off some more of the packaging.

I feel an email coming on!

Evening all,

I went, with a friend, to the Epsom & Ewell open day. Penultimate look at Horton Regis before they dispose of it. So if anyone has room for 46' of O Gauge.....

Bin put out for "Monday" collection. I'm about to make up some 3 link couplings for Jamie, then do my German homework, then bed.

Social media. Mainly ER, with occasional forays onto other RMWeb threads, the 1to45 forum (German O Gauge in English) and the Spur Null Magazin (German O Gauge in German which, because they don't correct their speeling, doesn't work with Google Translate). Otherwise, zilsch.

Keep well all, especially Ivan, Bill

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

evening to most.

A trip to do some modelling today involved going North on the A1. Seems the Audi/BMW drivers have spread their wings and become Merc A Class drivers... no indicators, incapable of getting in the inside lane, swerving about in the middle lane...humph!

A good day and her indoors has now booked all of our antipodean "internal" flights, hire cars and hotels tomorrow.

Good win for Yorkshire today and Billy Root recovered from ebing hit for 6 by his brother by scoring 120 and taking 2-18 for his club team today. What a lad!

Sleep well all!

Baz

• Like 19

It was nice and dry here this morning, so I decided to pressure wash the patio, over the winter months it has become unaccountably filthy. Following the failure of the old pressure washer last year I purchased one of the better Karcher washers via Amazon -  turned out to be £60 cheaper than Argos or Homebase.

Did a great job on the patio, it's nice and white again.

Of course it's rained in the past couple of hours!

Dave

I bought a K2 week before last. Excellent product and has cleaned paving and steps really well. The paths sparkle now in sunlight.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

The difference between RMweb and FB is that on FB most of my 'friends' are people who I work with and who sent me friend requests. I sort of had to accept or appear awkward or funny, and when you've got one you've got to accept the lot. Consequently, you end up with a bunch of people as an audience whom you don't really like, and as a result have to watch what you post.  Railway modelling, and railway enthusiasm, to name two, do not feature in my FB posts, but FB posts from me as a result of the limitations mentioned are constricted to the point where I hardly post anything, and what I do post has to be sterile, humorous and acceptable to anyone.

By way of contrast,on RMweb, no-one knows me except Durham Light Infantry, or Mike, who is the most likable bloke you could ever wish to meet, whatever he might think of me. Hi Mike, if you're reading this mate, I mean it, you're a brick! And whereas on FB everyone is posting such wonderful things about how great their life is, on here we can moan about things are otherwise. It's much more like being able to say what you feel and unburden yourself if you so desire. Of course, when I'm really under the weather, I don't post at all, I just read what other people say, but that counts as therapy. My point is simply one of freedom of expression, and of the feeling that my audience, you lot, are of a similar wavelength, and more real than the grinning plastic manikins you get on FB,  I know, I know, I need to stop thinking about all this irrelevant clap trap and start building some models! That's a definite! Cheers all. :crazy:

On ERs specifically people find that when life really drops you in it there is a lot of support. So if you are under the weather you can say so on here and may find as others have that a handful of friendly/supportive ticks helps in some small way.

BTW  welcome to this corner of RMweb.

Don

• Like 4

From memory (My 3 are all in their 30's now) the mother's diet does seem to come through the bairn quite quickly. Cauliflower and sprouts were soon avoided.

Jamie

I found rhubarb was rather cleansing for baby as was sloe gin!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I found rhubarb was rather cleansing for baby as was sloe gin!

You'll have to come north to the rhubarb capital here in the broad acres. then. Or we're going to have to bring some root stock to France to grow the proper stuff. We can supply the Rhubarb if you bring the sloe gin.

Jamie

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all