The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

How could I forget my early Birthday present which Yodel brought yesterday ?!!  :yahoo:

T'was a new golf trolley, one of those which travels under it's own steam - oh, don't you love these old railway expressions !

A leccy golf trolley - worth a couple of shots per round.

Before you know it, you'll be loading it up with more stuff than you know about. 

You also have to develop a good habit of making sure that the battery is charged and then consequently loaded in the car when you go to play.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Before you know it, you'll be loading it up with more stuff than you know about. 

You also have to develop a good habit of making sure that the battery is charged and then consequently loaded in the car when you go to play.

Cheers,

Mick

Are there YouTube clips of "when golf trolleys run amok".
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

This seems to fit in (generally) with some recent posts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXtuktNdlM

Mr. Sellers and Mr. Stark.

Good morning! Later, Pete.

I shall practice my German language skills before setting off to Switzerland. However I will probably be lazy and let Aditi do the talking. When we get off the final train we have to phone the hotel for a porter to collect our cases. I will avoid strange dogs!
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy birthday Sherry, and lots more of 'em. I've decided not to have the shed ceiling re-plastered, instead I'm going to add some battens to support the existing ceiling as the hardboard is still in good condition only warped, I have found sufficient battening to do the work. Found a few more 'forgotten' tools as I've continued to sort through the shed contents including a spirit level that I rescued from some wet cement, I quickly cleaned it off and there's now no evidence of its incarceration in cement. I hope to be able to visit the exhibition at Benfleet tomorrow, biggest problem will be parking. A friend of mine, Roy Emery will be there with his layout 'Shellhaven'. Have a good POETS day all who can, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Hippo birdie two ewes to Sherry - have a nice day.

Rained last night (carrying on from its early arrival in the afternoon but that didn't stop the Head Gardener deciding on 'no cooking' after her garden labours so out we went to the local cheapo 'Italian' cafe which is owned and run by a Colombian/Polish couple and last night had a Polish waitress and probably - judging by my meal - the usual Polish chef  (who achieves amazing consistency with the very palatable grub they serve).    Makes you wonder about the future when the cats were attended to by a Polish vet earlier this week and yesterday evening we ate food cooked and served by Poles, the pharmacist who put up my prescription earlier in the week was also Polish while the bloke who did the fence is married to a Hungarian lass.  Somehow I think some people are getting hold of the wrong end of the stick when we appear to be so reliant on imported labour.  Imported benefit claimants who've never bothered to work are one thing but people who come here to actually work are in a very different category in my book.

Anyway it still raineth, the rat man is awaited, and then we'll be off to Waitrose (which might or might not come with a spot of trainspotting).

Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Tomorrow is World Metrology Day, METROLOGY not Meteorology. Metrology is the science of measuring.

They are  having a couple hours of presentations and silly games in the teabar to celebrate.  

Me, I'm sat here measuring 05.Mega Ohms to an resolution of 0.1ppm with an Uncertainty of 4.2ppm, someones got to do the work round here.

The answer on this one by the way is 500,006,4 ohms, With a standard Deviation of 0.1ppm, thats a measured value of 6.6ppm above nominal. The  predicted value was 5ppm above nominal. so I have an error of 1.6ppm, which is well within the uncertainty of 4.2ppm.

All the above answers are of course approximate. so much for the science of measurement.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks, Mick - I have successfully negotiated the first hurdle; changing the wheel marked 'left' over to the left-hand side and vice-versa....it will now move forward rather than just making that noise which roughly translates as 'you silly, old b****er... :senile: '

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Had a plant delivered on Saturday. It was potted, the 3" pot was enveloped in plastic with just the shoots out, the pot was stapled to the interior of the box. The plant was as tall as the very sturdy cardboard box and the box was as wide as the plant pot was. I opened the undamaged box on receiving it from the courier. One stem was fractured and wilting, one stem was completely broken off of the plant and one stem was intact.

How can that happen in secure packaging where there is hardly room for movement?

I think delivery people have special training to do that  :jester:

It is common practice to just toss parcels out of the way when looking for another one. Naturally they do no read the label where it says fragile when tossing it aside. Although the box may be strong enough to survive such treatment the plant obviously wasn't.

Don

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Q, I was with you up to "silly games in the teabar to celebrate" then I got rather lost.  :scratchhead:

So am I ....regularly.

Now measuring a 2 Amp current shunt which handily has a 20 minute warm up time, which gives my brain time to relax...

Then it will be time for my luxury cheese sarni for dinner...

An email just dropped in the box, we are having our annual company barbeque on the 20th Jun, I've selected my meal preferences. Work will finish at 15:00 so most will 2 hours off work for the occasion... I finish at 15:00 anyway....

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Q, I was with you up to "silly games in the teabar to celebrate" then I got rather lost.  :scratchhead:

It sounded like some slight of hand getting a deviation of over 6 ppm as ok because it was within 4.2ppm of the allowable deviation of 0.1 ppm. But hey what do I know.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Think I'll mitch off early, as the office printer has now gone on strike and I can't print any client letters or documents...

Do you not have a pen?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Think I'll mitch off early, as the office printer has now gone on strike and I can't print any client letters or documents...

Aditi was having printing failures and email problems yesterday.

She couldn't print on either of her printers. The Samsung laser only had its usb lead connected at one end. The HP laser seemed to be recognised by the computer and could print a test page but would not print a pdf document. Once upon a time this would have interested me but I just rebooted the PC and all was well. Her email seemed fine but it appeared that emails sent from her phone were stuck in its outbox. No idea why but sorted by retyping the "send " password.

I just like our IT stuff to work now rather than provide opportunities for problem solving.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Me thinks he doth protest too much mlud.  Sounds like a reason to scoot off and start soldering some etches together.

Jamie

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, Mick - I have successfully negotiated the first hurdle; changing the wheel marked 'left' over to the left-hand side and vice-versa....it will now move forward rather than just making that noise which roughly translates as 'you silly, old b****er... :senile: '

Most trolleys have a one way clutch, meaning that you can push them if the battery fails

Once played with a guy who couldn't get his trolley working and had been pushing it for 6 holes.

I did remark that it was very clean.

He'd taken the wheels off to clean them and pushed them back on without engaging the clutch.....

As it was our Seniors trip with various awards, he duly earned the "Clown" trophy.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Out earlier to the old farts bike club, numbers now exceeding one row of tables, there was about 30 there today.  Noisy, with all the crepe being discussed.  There was even 7 bikes - bikes not a requisite of membership, it's more of a men in sheds discussion group with no rules.  Therefore no arguments.

On line discussion with physio about an issue revealed I have been trying a bit too hard - I didn't think you could, as they do like to see a bit of pain in your face, but I have to back off a little.  But I want to be fixed NOW! Am I there yet? Am I?