RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Finally managed to get online and caught up.  I'm guessing it's quiet as many are at DIdcot today - enjoy, even though they're adorned with brass and copper, they're STEAM. 

Very pushed for time, so it has, regrettably, got to be generic greetings only.

Start as a volunteer at a local charity bookshop tomorrow which should keep me quiet, and occupied on one or two mornings a week.

Back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone

As has been the norm for the last few weeks, I went straight outside to do a spot more in the back garden. Despite the sea weed twirlers predictions there has been no rain since yesterday dinner time. So today I cut the grass and strimmed the edges. This was followed by some trimming of the ivy that grows on one of ours fences and the cuttings were deposited in the green bin, meaning that it is once again almost full.

I then spent the afternoon trawling through my mountain of loco kits making a list of bits and pieces, wheels etc, that I need to complete them.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone

As has been the norm for the last few weeks, I went straight outside to do a spot more in the back garden. Despite the sea weed twirlers predictions there has been no rain since yesterday dinner time. So today I cut the grass and strimmed the edges. This was followed by some trimming of the ivy that grows on one of ours fences and the cuttings were deposited in the green bin, meaning that it is once again almost full.

I then spent the afternoon trawling through my mountain of loco kits making a list of bits and pieces, wheels etc, that I need to complete them.

From My experience of retirement it would be interesting to put all that kit info on a spreadsheet and then look at it in 5 years time to see how much has actually been achieved.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

I spoke too soon, it's p!ssi!ng it down now!

• RMweb Premium

New centre stand fitted to the BMW - stinker of a job.  VERY strong springs....ptoingggg.....also had to be done with the bike half on its side and me lying on the garage floor, which has seen my foot off for the day.

Then rewarded myself with fitting a decoder into a Hornby Charlie I bought last year on holiday.  Runs very nicely, just needs making very dirty now as they don't look right clean.  Mr Stanier thought they didn't look right full stop (where does the key go joke), but he was a GWR man in disguise anyway so who cares.

Also got my DJM Austerity saddletank to run properly, it had been poisoned with Peco Electrolube - which it would appear doesn't conduct electricity.  This did not help the split frame pickup system.  It's rather sweet now with an hour's running in.  They're a little grindy to start with but soon settle down with an hours running.  Much criticism aimed at them from folk who don't read the instructions that make this very clear.

A successful day for once.

• RMweb Premium

From My experience of retirement it would be interesting to put all that kit info on a spreadsheet and then look at it in 5 years time to see how much has actually been achieved.Jamie

Jamie.

I made a list many years ago and then converted it into a spreadsheet format several years ago. All that's happened since is that the list has either grown bigger or that some of the kits I've got are now available as R-T-R models, including some of the coaching stock too!

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

As I have unearthed the connector cable I can finally transfer the contents of the camera to the computer.  This includes the two very brief visits I made to Cornwall recently.   These were officially photographic trips to build up my stock of images and the costs have been assigned to my non-trading entity in case any income should arise at any future time.  Enjoy.

attachicon.gifIMG_5426.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5590.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5484.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5630.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5961.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5985.jpg

Rick. Love the photos, especially the sunset ones, I love painting sunsets.

• Like 10

Great ride out with 4 fellow retired ratters, brunch in Deb'n........home to go out and around Plimuffs Barbican with son and his family, back home for a Chinese takeaway, chimnea ready to flash up and marshmallows ready for toasting with grandson.

Happy days.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon from Estuary-Land. Returned from the toy fair and after a bit of lunch and an eyelid inspection inspected the goodies. Bargain of the day has to be a Skaledale modern telephone booth in unopened packaging for £1 and a Bachmann Scenecraft block of flats for £44, about £10 below the box shifters price. Some of the stuff on display though was a lot of tat but not often priced as such.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nettlebed.  One of those places I had to cycle through in my yoof just to see it.  Because of the name.  Others on that "must pedal" list have included Steeple Bumpstead, Pease Pottage, Crapstone and the curiously named Ruyton XI Towns.

And yes I too have fallen into a few for reasons which don't need airing here but which usually involved ale and female company ;)

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Good evening

The rain this afternoon stared Of quite light, but we ended up with quite a heavy shower, but by early evening the sun was coming out again, but it's been raining on and off ever since. However, the rain that we did have this afternoon means that I don't have to go out and water the garden this evening.

Hic, I think it's wine o'clock now.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. My cough has turned into a cold.pah!

Spent a lot of time doing serious eyelid inspection. Now off to bed with some paracetamol and a decaf...

Sleep well all.

Baz

PS shame on you Mike, the C&W is the interesting bit at Didcot.

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each from a kernackered GDB.

I'll echo the comments above about a very enjoyable day at Didcot. I ended up doing a 170 mile round trip via 81C Towers and also Nicki's House to collect The Boss on the way home. They'd had a girls day out with Abbie & Gemma and it seems that some wine was drunk. (Mainly by the oldest member of the party!)

Bob & I had an enjoyable breakfast en route in the cafe at Blackbushe Airport which set us up nicely for the day.

Re Mike's comment about the inspection pit, I honestly had clocked it but was grateful for his reminder. I need all the help I can get which leads me on to say.....

.....it's a pity he wasn't about when I exited the signal box locking room. I remembered to duck going in...........er coming out, not so much.   :banghead:  Luckily this time no blood was spilled and the lump is not very big. In fact by my standards it's positively amateurish.

Now enjoying a couple of pints of Speckled Hen, might even have another one.

• Like 14