Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Hey up.

Apparently some of our motel users from the biggest model railway manufacturing company in the world think it is ok to get up and shower at 1:30am, 3:30am and 6am. Herd of bull elephants charging around in the room upstairs.

Good luck Rick and Neil.....best wishes to all who ail, hope for good news regarding Debs.

Mugatea awaits so TTFN.

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Before it turns tomorrow happy birthday Laurence. I've been trying to sort out a steam trip for my fellow club members which on the face of it looks quite simple, find out who wants to go, collect the monies and book the required number of seats. First problem, the train leaves from London Victoria so I will have to arrange collection and transport for between 10 and 20 persons so a minibus seems the most suitable option. Second problem, the trip is in August so having checked around some of the minibus/coach companies I find to be sure of getting a vehicle I will have to book it at least three months in advance. I am having second thoughts now on this, perhaps for 2019.

• Like 1

In line with Ian's comments above:

Which comments of which Ian above?

In some industries, traceability is essential; "it's obvious" may not always be obvious or legal therein!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 3

A belated Happy Birthday to Laurence.

Hope to hear more news from Debs soon.

Can’t post anymore - bed beckons, feel exhausted and this b##### flu bug has returned again. Work with very little voice could be interesting tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Today was Lostock Junction operating session. A small crew due to a few operators down south/ill and 2 more suddenly snowbound and unable to climb the Niagara Escarpment.

Three of us managed to run Windermere with respectable results, although the goods trains received minimal attention from us in the passenger link.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Car returned...filled it up on the motorway at less per litre than in the city...why can't we have that?

About 20C here...it was chuckinitdarn when we left Apollo bay.

Need to unpack the go for a stroll....

Baz

• Like 17

Morning All,

We are set for a blustery day in this part of the world.  It doesn't seem as if we are going to get much of a winter this year!

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 4

Good morning one and all, with apologies to Laurence for not spotting that it was his birthday yesterday.

Ice on windscreens yesterday morning inspired the fodder run.  I came back with the makings of a large beef stew and for an hour or so busied myself tossing cubed beef in flour and browning it before peeling and chopping carrots, leeks, a swede, an onion, carrots, parsnip, mushrooms and a massive spud.  All that lot went into my largest casserole, anointed with a value can of tomato soup, and cooked slowly for upwards of three hours.  There was just enough shredded suet for the dumplings.  The fragrance of the simmering meal spread gradually through the house and lunch was delicious even if I say so myself.  All this came at a price and the ironing did not get done.  I shall just have to live with that.

This morning I will stride briskly towards the apothecary, aiming to collect the chemical warfare that I am due.  This evening the Bletchley chapter of the Historical Model Railway Society meets to receive three short presentations and, no doubt, to review the progress of the camel.  In between times is PMQs on TV, often amusing, sometimes for the right reasons.

Warm thoughts and felicitations to all in distress, recovery and absentia.  I've just had a vision of Andyram teaching his class in sign language.  The thought is meant kindly.  Honest.

Chris 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. It isn't frosty today.i noticed this while putting the recycling out. It is no longer dark at 7am either.

We are off for lunch in a pub today. I think Aditi intends to do a couole of hours work in the garden before lunch.

Weather update, it is now raining.

Tony

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Norralot to report, just having a spot of breakfast before driving to the hospital for todays round of poking and prodding.

Much amusement yesterday due to the day having being declared annual 'Chips, Cheese and Gravy' day here.  This is almost the national dish, it is so popular, so a competition was held to see who could eat three portions the quickest, or something like that. No, I didn't enter.  It did however make the BBC local news (North West, not Fraggle Rock, which they usually ignore) where I was interested to see the 'local correspondent' (i.e. a local journo pulled in for a minute) shares Chris F's surname.  Local link to ER's.

I had fish n chips, can't be done with C,C&G.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a village that looks damp but there is no liquid sunshine at the moment. First of all, a belated birthday greeting to Laurence.

The main news here is that the boss is home. I was finally able to collect her at about 4.30 yesterday and she is glad to be home. The stairlift has already proved it's worth and the wheelchair was definitely needed to get to the car park from the ward. She is still asleep at the moment but I expect that various caring tasks will be needed soon. I'm just glad that she's home.

I even managed to do a little bit of muddling last night after she'd gone to bed. 

Today there are a few tasks to be performed and I've got a pie to collect from the outlaws which will no doubt make a tasty evening meal.

Thoughts are still with Debs and the others who are suffering, and good wishes to Neil I hope that things go well for you.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 19

Morning.  Norralot to report, just having a spot of breakfast before driving to the hospital for todays round of poking and prodding.

Much amusement yesterday due to the day having being declared annual 'Chips, Cheese and Gravy' day here.  This is almost the national dish, it is so popular, so a competition was held to see who could eat three portions the quickest, or something like that. No, I didn't enter.  It did however make the BBC local news (North West, not Fraggle Rock, which they usually ignore) where I was interested to see the 'local correspondent' (i.e. a local journo pulled in for a minute) shares Chris F's surname.  Local link to ER's.

I had fish n chips, can't be done with C,C&G.

They have something very similar in Canada, called Poutine. We didn't indulge!

• Like 3

They have something very similar in Canada, called Poutine. We didn't indulge!

Poutine is wonderful. Its also made with curds and not cheese, fries and not chips. Add in some pulled pork or brisket. mmmmmm. It's also fast becoming one of the UK's most popular street foods. Almost the perfect comfort food. 

Good moaning all from the boring borough. All quiet here. Still waiting for more renovation quotes and for the bank to get the giant hedgehog out of its backside. Other than that. burger all happening. 

Enjoy the day. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Wet and windy here, it may dry up later with a few sunny spells and possibly more showers.

Good luck with the prodding etc Neil. I need to organise my hospital visit as my back, hip and other places are rather painful at the moment.

Looks like we're going shopping today and it will be back to Sainsbury's, The Boss having declared Lidl's a no go zone after last week's visit. Not that anything was really terrible (apart from the wine I bought) but she prefers S's. Might just have something to do with working for them for about 38 years and knowing exactly where to look and what to pick.

I will of course take her wherever she wishes to go as I value my life and more importantly the meals she cooks!  :yes:

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17

This bereavement business is very time consuming.

Solicitors yesterday and today. Bank yesterday, etc. etc.

I'm handing it all over to a solicitor to deal with.

Money well spent.

Would pay good money to see a picture of BiL's face when he went to the Bank and found the accounts frozen.

• Like 19

Aditi once dropped her bag containing her lunch and a small flask and it rolled off the platform. She immediately informed a member of staff who explained they would be able to retrieve it after the rush hour. She said she been worried about it derailing a train! The nice man reassured her it wouldn't.

When I was a very small boy a rich Aunt took me out for the day.

On the way to the station she bought me a present - a chrome field gun that fired matchsticks which was top of my 'Want' list.

I dropped it between the train and the platform and the train pulled out with us on it.

It still hurts!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit grey and overcast this morning but forecast to brighten up later. I had my hair cut last week so I'm now noticing the chill wind, now what did I do with that cap? Not much else to report, be back later.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A good night last night drinking Old in our local Harveys pub then a couple of nice dark ales in Wetherspoons.

Whilst walking home we passed the bus stop that has a new shelter and just reopened only to be having its shelter replaced as we walked past. My other half was talking and waving her hands as females often do only to unintentionally hail the bus as it approached us, so we had a bus ride lasting about 60 seconds to our bus stop!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1