Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Got to phone Hattons now, received a dcc-fitted NCB Teddy Bear yesterday and when just placed on the programming it shot off like a rocket. Rather scary......

Keith

Oh Dear!

You have just occupied pole position on a fresh sheet of paper.

Debs told me to use the stick and carrot approach.

The stick obviously didn't work, so do you have a preferred insertion point for the carrot? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And now we know who has been stitching us up with Debs.....watch out in the muddy hollow a Giant Viper may be lurking

It was not I, but am merely the appointee to which the task of up keeping the high standards of Debness in ER's.

I have no problem with the Giant Viper as we are old friends, especially as I used to provide his sausage ration. I always stand, sit or or lie behind him as he is  totally incapable of striking backwards.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

To save multi quoting, please be assured I have a very large bag of carrots and they do not conform to the EU standard of straightness and are somewhat deformed.

If I run out of Carrots, I'll have to revert to pineapples.

In the case of Fit'n Abel, I have arranged for a large family of skunks to take up residency in your holiday cabin.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am sure you will be Ok. It is a safari park with a railway passing by. When we went on the railway there was much excitement about the then new baby elephant, it was a half term and there were lots of children.

WMSF also has a large pod of hippos

• Like 12

To save multi quoting, please be assured I have a very large bag of carrots and they do not conform to the EU standard of straightness and are somewhat deformed.

If I run out of Carrots, I'll have to revert to pineapples.

In the case of Fit'n Abel, I have arranged for a large family of skunks to take up residency in your holiday cabin.

Enjoy!

I've just told Debs of this post.

Her reply

Other methods of vegetarian oriented discipline are available.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

HH, something tells me you're not communicating with the Debs we know...  :nono:

FYI: my star sign is Leo. Lions operate in packs, known as a pride. Lions are top-predators in the food chain. And they don't eat veggies. At all... :no: Do I need to spell out the rest of the story? :rolleyes:

:jester:

Hippos are well known for being the most dangerous mammal in Africa and are quite happy to take on crocodiles. Never seen a lion do that (and win)

PS. And in a pride of lions the women do all the tough stuff like hunting.  The bloke just lies around all day roaring, scratching his posterior and waiting to be told when his next meal might be served. (Sounds like the average male Telf)

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Her reply

“Haemmoroids?”

“No - turnips”

Her reply

Nothing quite beats a good whipping with a wet lettuce, please don't ask me how I know. :O  :no:  :scared:  :scared:  :sungum:  

• RMweb Premium

Nothing quite beats a good whipping with a wet lettuce, please don't ask me how I know. :O  :no:  :scared:  :scared:  :sungum:

I wouldn’t know. I take it you do. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget the flying helmet and goggles.    :pilot:        :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from the village that is still north of Ikea. I am living in hope though as their next door neighbour is ToysRUs and look what's happened t them.

I'm quaking in fear of the vegetable insertion but have just returned from a good day at the Guild show at Kettering. The journey went well until 100 yards from the venue we came across the double decker shittle bus that ran to and from the station, on the wrong side of the road and at an angle to the kerb and going nowhere. I managed to squeeze past it by retracting my mirrors and with my two passengers telling me how close I was to the corner of the bus. The show went well and I disposed of two large items from Tony's estate. One was big, black with 12 driving wheels and Union Pacific on the tender. It went within 10 minutes f being placed on the B & B stand. The attendance was down but a good time was had.

Safely back home now without any problem.

Glad to hear that Debs is on the mend.

Various family and step family members are still wittering about where they are going to sit at the funeral on Tuesday. I may dig my staff and cuffs out and take them with me to keep order. I just wish that I'd managed to keep a dispenser of CS. Perhaps I should send recalcitrant to Ashford Richard (HH)

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Someone brought along a UP Big Blow to today's Freemo and wow what a great turbine sound. It was affecting a friends hearing aid. Imagine how many at a small show that would annoy!!

Luckily it was only running for a few minutes. Superb though.

I may dig out my Big Boy tomorrow...

Anyway I will up Ians Brake van by three

post-1557-0-71482300-1520110840_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Regarding "shown and shewn", I seem to remember seeing a photo of Waterloo station taken during the early1900's, during the rebuilding for extra platforms, and there was  a large sign to be seen above the barriers to the effect, all tickets had to be shewn.

Edited by Judge Dread

• RMweb Gold

A good day playing trains although in a completely different scale and location to that planned.

The weather this morning was almost balmy compared to the last few days.

We had about half the modules planned with quite a few unable to tavel from the South West but we still have had a good time. Back again tomorrow.

I recognise a few of the people in that photo. I liked playing with American trains once but it all got too difficult.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not a bad journey to work - just a couple of places on the back roads where drifting snow would have been a problem yesterday/Thursday. Only room for one car rather than two though.

We had at least three calls from customers asking where their orders were. Despite our telling them that they were posted out on Tuesday and that the UK weather hasn't been the best.

"I asked for RM48" delivery so you should be complaining to the post office" from one guy. Sheesh.

Back later, I have a drink to pour.

Cheers,

Mick

Various family and step family members are still wittering about where they are going to sit at the funeral on Tuesday. I may dig my staff and cuffs out and take them with me to keep order. I just wish that I'd managed to keep a dispenser of CS. Perhaps I should send recalcitrant to Ashford Richard (HH)

Regards to all.

Jamie

Somehow methinks a Tazer might be the most effective deterrent! Preferably shot from behind and aimed in the region of the fundamental orifice - it would at least solve his desire to decide where to sit - he'll be standing for a while!

• Like 3