RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Long wheel base, High top, so he doesn't hit his head?

He could fall down from that high a seating position, though!  :fie:

A'noon, folks. Snowing outside but it's too warm for it to stick, I suppose.

Brownie points earned by cleaning up the cooker and oven. I'll leave the window tilted for a while longer to get rid of the fumes, however…

C&Cs as required, and hoping for everyone of us who's ailing to see some improvement… 

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Af’noon awl. Messy morning thanks to non-functional signals at Berrylands, non-functional track circuits at Waterloo and the emergency replacement of a complete set of points at Wokingham. 

Impressive what else did you do for the rest of the day ?.  :mosking:

Seriously tho I can't believe the infrastructure gets so F##### up through the day it must test the patience of a saint keep up the good work matey. :imsohappy:

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I haven't done much today. I did find our passports. I am not sure my senior bus pass is adequate ID to fly to Ireland. I still don't have a photo driving licence.

We will need a few Euros but I found enough for the Aircoach service from the airport to Dublin City Centre. That is one of the few services where the Leap card (like a nationwide Oyster) can't be used. As I suspect we will be going to Ireland fairly frequently we may as well get Leap cards as well. There are ordinary buses from the airport but the coach means there are no luggage problems. I am not sure what we are doing this weekend. Matthew recommended the emigration museum. We might go to Howth and see the Irish sea.

Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

It's arrived.

Pretty in Pink

post-408-0-54368000-1520348944_thumb.jpg

Including postage and duty, it's the most expensive loco I've bought.

Part of that has gone to a US cancer charity, so no problem there.

There are two carrying this special livery - I saw the other one - #436 - whilst on holiday last month.

Edit: Just checked and I actually saw the real 425.

post-408-0-55519700-1520353784_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

That doesn’t augur well.

We still desperately need that Groan button but at least two of the children ought to be in fear of the Auger.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

I should think that you could pay for a house with the money from selling an E type!

Timing is everything...

The E-Type I had in the mid 70's I sold for around $3,500, a fair/good price at the time.

It was a '63 4.2 litre, and if I had it today $$$$$$$$.... suffice to say per NHN's comment, that was when I was single also :O  :jester:

Chewsday here, there and everywhere (mostly)

Yesterdays snowstorm arrived as predicted, had afternoon commuters rushing to get out of the city before it hit full force. 6-10 inches around the metro area and near white-out conditions in the 4-6PM time frame. Didn't bother me much as we just watched it from the warmth of the living room :)

Flight delays in and out due to the low visibility down to 1/8th mile around 4PM for a while, and of course outbounds delayed waiting for the incoming flights AND de-icing ops.

Jemma glad she left when she did, the "late" flight which she was originally going to take was delayed 3 hours and didn't make JFK until 0240!

She's headed to Heathrow this evening from JFK, conditions both ends appear similar...

Windy and still some light snow this morning and -1, looks like we've had another inch or so since "my man" came and plowed/shoveled us out in the wee hours. Expected to stop snowing soon and reach +2 later but overcast all day. Life goes on as usual here...

Enjoy your day.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 4

We might go to Howth and see the Irish sea.

Tony

Had a full afternoons entertainment there, Tony.

There was a visiting French Naval boat and seals in the harbour.

(... and the most expensive fish and chips I've ever had!).

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

It's arrived.

Pretty in Pink

attachicon.gif425 (3)s.jpg

Including postage and duty, it's the most expensive loco I've bought.

Part of that has gone to a US cancer charity, so no problem there.

There are two carrying this special livery - I saw the other one - #436 - whilst on holiday last month.

Edit: Just checked and I actually saw the real 425.

attachicon.gif425 l.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Just like the old LMS with their Pink Livery. :locomotive:  :jester:

Unlikely customers of the day were the two American Mormons just arrived from Utah and bound for Oxshott.

I misread this a "American Morons" and thought, "...well I guess it's usually pretty obvious..." :O  :jester:

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

There are some very brave ERs at the moment. Debs seems to be getting back to top form.

We have to fly to Sydney today ...back to the land of Oz. We wont be following the yellow brick road, rather flying Air New Zealand A340.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I misread this a "American Morons" and though, "...well I guess it's usually pretty obvious..." :O  :jester:

Matthew was pursued round Cork last year by a group of missionaries, they seemed to be mixed teams of Americans and Australians. Matthew felt a bit sorry for them as a posting to a city where it isn't sinful to consume alcohol or caffeine must have been hard going.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

I misread this a "American Morons" and though, "...well I guess it's usually pretty obvious..." :O  :jester:

I did wonder what they might make of genteel, sleepy and Conservative Church of England Oxshott if they had been given their instructions back in Salt Lake City. Not at all different - much

• RMweb Gold

You read right Ian   :imsohappy: , they have a palace in Bracknell which is fairly local so you get them at the door regular I tells them I'm a Joe Hovis Witness and they soon buqqer off. :boast:

edit smilley went awol

Edited by 81C
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Mortice joints would have been a better option.

Failing that, the slightly less pretty version but slightly easier would have been to used half lapped joints.

All those blocks and nuts and screws are going to do is attract cobwebs and eventually probably rust!

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Failing that, the slightly less pretty version but slightly easier would have been to used half lapped joints.

All those blocks and nuts and screws are going to do is attract cobwebs and eventually probably rust!

Can't agree more put any weight on those frames and they might collapse he should have asked a professional.  :no:

• Like 8

Can't agree more put any weight on those frames and they might collapse he should have asked a professional.  :no:

It does look a tad dodgy. I only posted it on account of the title :)

• Like 4

Norm Abrams would be spinning in his check shirt, if he was dead. If I had to do it that way I'd put support blocks on the uprights to stop sagging of the cross pieces.

• Like 5

Norm Abrams would be spinning in his check shirt, if he was dead. If I had to do it that way I'd put support blocks on the uprights to stop sagging of the cross pieces.

Indeed, but Barry Bucknell will rest easy :)

EDIT: Mind you, these days I'd probably weld angle-iron. The wall may fail but the brackets will survive.

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 10