The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I'm advised that some gardening needs doing. It appears a hole needs to be dug.  :butcher:  :help:  :girldevil:

Let’s hope it’s not for you!

• RMweb Gold

I was lucky, the rain stopped while I was driving to the big orange shed.

It's now sunny.

Just for a bit of fun, try this

https://www.16personalities.com/

A personality test,

It reckons I'm an architect, that's personality style not job.

It also said I was a bookworm as a child, which is correct, I read 10 books a week, I still read 3 books a week at least.

It also said I worked on my own which effectively is correct too.

I done the test and It tells me I'm an Executive (ESTJ-A)

76% extroverted         Right

58% observant           Wrong as I never miss a trick

83% judging               Right

92% assertive            Right 

I run my own business for about 8 years, a Manager for 30 years so Q1,3,&4 would be correct for the training I had Q2 seems to be a drift a bit.

It's a bit of fun, the time to worry is when a test like this informs you something like you are a Muppet.  :D

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I was lucky, the rain stopped while I was driving to the big orange shed.

It's now sunny.

A personality test,

It reckons I'm an architect, that's personality style not job.

It also said I was a bookworm as a child, which is correct, I read 10 books a week, I still read 3 books a week at least.

It also said I worked on my own which effectively is correct too.

61% thinking              Right

I run my own business for about 8 years, a Manager for 30 years so Q1, 3, 4 & 5 would be correct for the training I had Q2 seems to be a drift a bit.

It's a bit of fun anyway, the time to worry is when a test like this informs you could be a Muppet.  :D

Debs Update:

Still under Chemo 4 of 5, not much sleep because of 15 minute observations, tired, very. She's also sleeping when she can. I cannot be an experience that anyone would wish for.

She did manage to send cards of thanks to Alan (benachie) and myself and Sandy. Alan has been sending daily stories which have kept her going. I've been relaying messages when I just that she's able to read them. Sister Jen's a major ally in determining when this happens.

This Chemo is coming to an end - don't know when the next one starts.

John

A personality test,

Not being sponsored by Cambridge Analytica is it?  ;)

Here's the website for the sponsor (or so I'm assuming). It's not very detailed.

It does make you wonder how they monetize the company. Having done very little homework on it, it's very small.

Based on the personality types page, this is a variant on the Myers-Briggs type indicator (with some added labels which have been the source of amusement here along with the -A and -T extensions to the MBTI, measuring response to stress). The Myers-Briggs type indicator has been around in the business community for decades.

It's pretty harmless data but is useful in understanding how people work together.

The first time I used the original Myers-Briggs instrument (more than 30 years ago) my measurement was INTP (Logician), which is still pretty representative, though once you understand the categories (E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P), you can answer the questions (accurately) to make it come out almost any way you like.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

cricket umpired...sun shone but boy we had a thin wind so ended up a tad cold!

Leeds/Bradford Womens MCCU won.. Durham suffered from Nelson 111-6, 111-7, 111-8  112-9 112 all out!

Sleep well everyone and hope if goes well for you Mal!.

Hopefully the Chemo will help give Debs a break!

Baz

• Like 19

I don't know if you looked at the detailed descriptions:

"Observant individuals are highly practical, pragmatic and down-to-earth. They tend to have strong habits and focus on what is happening or has already happened.

Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities."

They may have changed the questions, but this axis (Sensing / Intuitive) in the MBTI is about how you process information. "S" is a measure of preference for the concrete, "N" is a measure of preference for the conceptual.

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

I had a good session in the pool this morning, apart from getting cramp a couple of times. But it didn’t stop me doing over 70 lengths though. By the time I’d got out of the pool, it had stopped raining and the sun was out, the rest of the day has been lovely and warm.

After dinner I went to the orange DIY shed and bought the items I’d got on my list, along with, as always, a few other bits and pieces, like a pair of blinds for the shed as well.

It being a Wednesday, we had Ava, Evie and Max round for tea, they also asked to watch an episode of Dr Who. Now Sheila is a big David Tennant fan, so she didn’t mind so much either.

Once I’d returned from taking them home, I poured myself a beer, I really enjoyed that one!

Fingers crossed that Deb’s feels ok after the chemo ends.

Goodnight all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I run my own business for about 8 years, a Manager for 30 years so Q1,3,&4 would be correct for the training I had Q2 seems to be a drift a bit.

It's a bit of fun, the time to worry is when a test like this informs you something like you are a Muppet.  :D

61% thinking              Right

I run my own business for about 8 years, a Manager for 30 years so Q1, 3, 4 & 5 would be correct for the training I had Q2 seems to be a drift a bit.

It's a bit of fun anyway, the time to worry is when a test like this informs you could be a Muppet.  :D

As you posted twice without observing, then maybe 58% is a bit generous..........

:mosking:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

Good morning one and all

I am not doing that personality test!  You would not want to see a grown man cry.

Somehow I got a lot done yesterday.  In addition to the fodder run, imperfect because I forgot the tomatoes, I wrote and posted the next bit of the 116 saga and put together the bones of an article fo the HMRS Journal as befits my role as a member of the editorial panel - lead by example and all that.  Something new was ordering a CD from a Welsh record company.  How grateful I was that there was a large "English" button to click, though I did manage to work out the basics.  When the payment went through I noticed that I had not been charged for postage.  I picked up the phone.  "Bore da!"  I asked for forgiveness at never having learned Welsh and learned that postage is only charged on overseas orders.  England, it seems, is not overseas as far as Caernarfon is concerned.  "Diolchyn fawr!" I said.  I wish I knew more Welsh.  Any language in which "moron" means "carrots" has a lot going for it.

Warm thoughts and best wishes to Debs, Andyram, Tony and Aditi, Simon, Mal and all in distress for whatever reason.

Chris 

• Like 18

Morning All,

It is a rather pleasant Spring morning here.  A slight chill in the air, but nice and bright.

Thinking of Debs, and everyone else in need.

My father has his first appointment with the Oncologist today, so we'll see what that brings.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Rather a fresh start to the day but the sun is shining and it should remain dry.

Waiting in this morning for a new gas meter to be fitted, should be between 10..00 and 12.00. Although they keep trying to persuade me they have been advised (repeatedly) that I do not want a smart meter.

The Boss continues to improve, so much so that a pile of ironing was done by her yesterday. I think the thought of me doing it would have caused a relapse!

After meter man has been "we need to shop." I must admit that supplies here are the lowest they've been for some time.

I am also hoping to get a call about collecting my new car at some stage today.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 14