RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

I've fiddled, altered, read FAQs, twiddled, activitied, threaded...….and still come to the conclusion I hate the new forum software. It's just too......techy fiddly geeky clicky too muchy.

I find that whereas before I could get a list o headings where there were new posts, now I have the full posts. And then I have to scroll and twiddle.

• Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I took my Tesco points vouchers in yesterday and was able to claim another 187 points, 62 on purchases and 125 'extra' reward points. When I got home however when I went to change the water filter cartridge I found that I only had one left. I felt a bit miffed as if I'd bought them with my 'big shop' I could have claimed more double points. As it turned out it was better as I received another 5p off a litre of petrol voucher.;)

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Coombe Barton said:

I find that whereas before I could get a list o headings where there were new posts, now I have the full posts. And then I have to scroll and twiddle.

Click on the 'condense' tab at the top of the page to get just the headings.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Cheers, mates and mattresses (that’s the plural of it, isn’t it? :jester:). Currently stood at beautiful Sommerfeld for a longish turnaround. Bit breezy and I understand rain‘s coming up.

Thoughts to everyone in need, as always. I’ll just say night all now, because I guess most everyone will be asleep when I get home... :bye_mini:

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

As the day drags what remains of its weary carcass towards midnight, I found this: https://imgur.com/gallery/seO1K

which might cause amusement in certain quarters (language warning). I was actually looking for this:

that I saw on Facebook earlier and I thought Martyn would like.

'Night all

Pete

• Like 12
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

It’s been a lovely sunny day here in the northwest, with wall to wall sunshine, almost like a spring day! I’ve not needed to put the heater on in the workshop at all today, despite it being only 5C when I went out there this morning. It held off all day,  it at around 6:30pm it started to rain, but by then I was sat on the sofa in the front room and didn’t care. 

Well, I finally finished the bracelet I made for Sheila, but when I brought in in for her to try it on, it was a little too big. It seems that during the hammering process, where I flattened the centre part, it grew in length a bit, about 15mm all told. I couldn’t trim it as I’d fabricated a ball shaped terminal on each end and these couldn’t be removed, as it would have spoiled the design. So I made a start on another, which I cut a little shorter, to take into account for the amount that it will GROW when flattened. Thankfully, my calculations worked out just about right, I’d just made a start shaping it when the shaft on my leather mallet broke :crazy: just below the head. So, first thing tomorrow morning, I’ll have nip to my local independent  DIY shop and purchase a replacement shaft before I can continue. 

I have to agree with Neil, this new layout is not as easy to navigate as the old, but I’m slowly getting there.

goodnight everyone 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, 

Long day ahead of me as my  flight home will get me in around 22:00. 

Whilst staying up in the north east is great, on this occasion I opted for more of a "touch and go" visit. 

Rick, sympathies for the cares that you carry. 

Thoughts with John, Sandy, Mal & Gabe. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

Morning All,

It is a fairly mild morning today.  Somewhere between 4°C and 5°C with a light breeze.

The weekend was quiet - Saturday's weather was reasonable, but yesterday was windy and wet - necessitating staying indoors!

Time for a coffee.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

Morning all. 

Another weekend has come and gone seemingly very quickly. Muggacoffee on the go before I get the kids up.

Tonight should see more bedroom painting, and perhaps building the new bed, if we get the chance. 

A days spotting sounds ideal recovery Brian!

Hope everyone's day goes as smoothly as possible.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry start with a clear sky and a dry day with sunny spells is forecast.

11 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

John, have you seen this  in the New forum software thread. At the bottom of Andy Y's posts there is a link to create a version of VNC on your activity stream. I've found it quite useful.

Today I'm told we will mainly be doing domestic stuff. Can't wait!

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings from a slightly less boring than usual borough. Land slip at Barnhurst has closed the Bexleyheath line. SWMBO was last seen heading for the bus stop leaving a trail of blue air behind. Once again Southeastern's insistence on using loop services means this b*ggers up all 3 north Kent lines. Then again it is a good excuse for them to save on not running trains but profiting from the compensation paid to them by Network Fail. Oh and throw in the weekly (almost daily now) signal failures at Lewisham. Maybe we can get Failing Grayling to start a ferry service from Erith for stranded commuters. 

Little else of note so I'll just wish those doing poorly, well. Enjoy the day as well as you can. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining, but it’s cool here in the northwest around 3C at present. Sheila is just finishing her breakfast and will then get herself ready for her Zumba class. Once she left I’ll head to the shops for a new hammer shaft. Upon my return I shall make muggertea No2 and then head to the workshop. 

Enjoy whatever you have planned for the day.

Back later

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

A good nights sleep of 6.5 hours solid, although I still feel tired.

Crunchy frost this morning and the roads that are not salted, frozen puddles..

I sympathise with Rick, the first technical thing this morning was moving that very expensive frequency source,

Go to back of rack I want,

Get down, Disconnect frequency source and mains 4 inches above gorund level.

Stand up, go round front of rack,

Get down again, extract 20kg of unit out of rack, shuffle sideways holding unit, insert into next rack at 18 inches above ground,

Stand up, go round back of that rack,

Get down again and reconnect.

Stand up, go round front of rack,

Get down, turn on and reprogramme correct frequency and voltage,

Stand up, and go round to the back of first rack

Get down again, Disconnect first rack.

Stand up go round to the front and drag rack to my lab 30ft away,

Get down, connect up rack, take off dust filters.

Stand up, go to dust bin and brush out filters.

Get down, refit filters

Stand up, go to desk  and ...

Sit physically relax. old joints and sports injuries aching..

Now, while typing the above, carry out 7 measurements..

I have one of last weeks major systems to finish in parallel with the new system, when I've done this techinically awkward section on the new system..

Time to get on with work..

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny place, it's definitely getting warmer round here.   The week ahead shows 14 degrees and sunny all week. We are up a little late this morning as I slept in.   We were supposed to be heading north and westwards to look for a new Fridge freezer and be back in time for other things.   Those plans have now changed and the ironing now awaits as well as filling the log basket.   

I really enjoyed watching the rugby yesterday.  Even though I hated the game at school I was forced to play it and did gain some understanding of it.  I actually understood some of what was going on yesterday but still can't understand why they are allowed to get away with not putting the ball down the centre of a scrum. They seem to be able to throw it directly to their own hookers.

Rick, I hope that things start to feel better for you soon.   Also thoughts of Mal and Sandy and their families.

Hopefully I will get a bit of time in the shed this afternoon.

Regards to all

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Mug O'Coffee consumed, granddaughter taken to school, second Mug O'Coffee on the go and contemplating another exploration northwards on the great British road block system to home base. I agree with Jamie about scrums these days; l commented when watching the highlights of England thrashing France (couldn't resist that!) that it seemed as though the put-in was directed towards the second row, never mind the hooker!

TTFN

Dave

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Her has said could I listen out for the door bell my hearing is about 30% so theres' a fat chance of that happening at the moment.  :dontknow:

Yesterday I enjoyed 15 men in white shirts biff the sh!t out of 15 men in blue shirts it was the best England game I had seen in ages .    :bb::threaten:

No chores today apart from tracking the whereabouts' of Her Puta that the shower of #### Curry's are fixing she has ripped into several of Curry's

staff last week for being unhelpful (nothing new there) ,having just tried the tracking on their website it's as good as the staff #<*%$"& useless, pity

the store manager she is going their shortly to tear some-one apart.:girldevil:

must dash:superman: C.O.P. Atadeffun 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. As Tony has said bright and sunny here this morning and the forecast is the same for the rest of the week. Next door are still preparing the house for letting, three months now they've been at it and its still not finished. A for sale sign has appeared on the house opposite, rather surprising as its also a 'buy to let'. C&C's to all that require them, muggatee awaits, be back later.

• Like 14