Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Glorious sunshine, he says quietly in case the weather gods are listening, though it was minus 2 in the greenhouse last night, might go for a cycle ride later in a bid to get a lot fitter and a fair bit less fatter, have a nice dayyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Hectic morning after a hectic day yesterday the new sofa's arrived early and caught us on the hop the chaps struggled until I said take the back feet off both of them they flew in after that.

The old one's were collected in the afternoon to the news of second daughter saying they are going back to our flat we bought it this morning, later when every one had gone Her tried

out the recliner 5 minutes later it was snoring like a hog. :laugh:

Today is HER day I was going to do breakfast on the BBQ but the eggs would have spoilt in the cold wind so I made wraps instead I reckon in a hours time a trial bacon sarnie will be 

made on the Barbie( no Neal not Kens bird) the sky has brightened up and the wind has dropped a bit ,the family are coming to pig out on all things grilled and play with the recliners

hopefully Her will be nice to me today it will take my mind off the back pain.

enjoy your day  :superman:  CC and BW.   work that one out.:biggrin_mini2:

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

Take a 77inch  by 48inch piece of plywood, 

Drill six holes, two each end,  two in the middle. 

Lay one decking board on it. 

Align to end and sides

Fit screws in holes, attach decking board.

Trim off excess board one end

Drill six more holes, 

Run thick bead of silicon gue down decking board edge

Lay next board squeezing gue up

Repeat until plywood covered. 

Turn over assembly, 

Measure 1ft in each end place transom on marks

Screw on transoms

Time taken 1.5hours.

Stand door in doorway on 1/4 inch spacers. mark up hinges

Fit hinges adjust frame because it is tilted, by 1.5inches top to bottom,  frame follows tilt of brickwork!   

Attach hinges 

Another 1.5 hours gone. 

Start attaching beams 2*2inch recovered from mobile home rebuild,  for work bench. yet again walls not straight,  adjustments made.  Top level of workbench fitted.  Another 2hours gone. 

Legs at front to be fitted,  lower shelves to be fitted. 

Shelf above window to be fitted along with reinforcement to that cross beam. 

While sitting having a Muggacoffee realise what happened to the garage,  the two sides and back are expertly built.  The roof rear 4/5ths is expertly  built.  At some point some converted this car port to a garage by bodging on a front wall, at the sides and inexpertly extended the roof to reach.. 

Long soak in the bath had,  along with some eyelid inspection,  I can hear the fryer doing its stuff,  dinner expected. 

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Went into Tesco's this afternoon and the number of people buying flowers is remarkable, talk about leaving it to the last minute.  Dinner now to be prepared, be back later.

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

Not a bad day at all, even managed a quite flat near 6 mile cycle ride, but before you start thinking of me as the next Chris Hoy, I should fess up and say we have electric bikes, so I can wind up the assist if required lol.

Little bit of the "G" word, mostly prep work, but some early carrot seeds have been sown, being coastal our soil seems to be good for growing carrots, not much else like, but carrots, I'd make a good Bugs Bunny look a like.

• Like 16
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

I hate it when people boast about their love lives :)

Before I was married and still lived at home, my mum was always said to me

“be in bed before midnight”.

To which I replied

“ok, but if I’m not, should I come home?”

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Despite spending most of the day in the workshop, I didn’t do any modelling at all. Instead I went through my electrical bits and pieces, mainly sorting out and cleaning up switches and sockets. It was also a sort of stock check to see if I had all that I need for the cellar modifications. After going thorough several boxes, all I need to buy is one 1-gang 2-way switch and depending upon my final design plan for the larger room, one or two double sockets, it’ll probably be 2 as you can never have too many sockets! I also checked my cable stocks and I’ll need to get more cable for both the sockets and lights. I plan to put in 6 LED down-lighters in the small (office) room and 14 of the same in the larger (railway) room and I know that this will use up a lot more cable than I’ve got in stock. I’ve not yet got the light fittings yet, but I’m hoping to get the same ones that Ian got for his cellar as I was very impressed with those, despite them being a little fiddly to fit.

Goodnight all 

• Like 16

We have a very nice little stream flowing down the street in front of the house. It started to run a couple of days ago, and has grown since. It springs out of the ground between the front yards of houses two and three up the street from us. It's beyond the city stopcocks for those houses, so it's the responsibilty of the house owners. One of them has done some excavating, but nothing's happened beyond that yet.

A couple of blocks away, there's another leak. This one is bubbling out of the road surface, so that's the city's responsibility. There were cones round it last night when I drove past, but my wife says there was nothing marking it this afternoon.

This is surprising. It's not uncommon in colder parts of the country to get water leaks when the ground thaws in the spring. But this isn't a cold part of the country, and the past winter, while snowy, wasn't even particularly cold for here.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Good morning one and all

I spoke too soon yesterday.  The cough reappeared mid morning and tickled spasmodically for the rest of the day.  This morning it is still making its presence felt.  I shall try to forget all about it – fat chance of that! – for I am fed up with it.  Gentle reader, I suspect that you are too.  

Other things come along to cause irritation.  On Tuesday I made a pledge to Exeter Pride to help fund the event, though you would not think so to look at the roll of honour, from which my name is conspicuously absent.  What did happen was that the system asked me what size hoodie I take as part of my reward for making a donation!  Of the credit card payment I made there is no trace.  I don’t envy whoever’s job it is to find it – asking Crowdfunder would be a good start, methinks - but if someone gave me £25 I would be a bit more careful with it!

It’s not all bad.  I enjoyed my slab of sirloin and greatly enjoyed the concert by Sam Carter in Northampton.  Today I might sort out the errant pot of superglue, which probably means buying a new one as the almost full old one sloshes around contentedly.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Morning All,

I am back in the office after a quiet weekend.  The temperature is around 5°C, and it is reasonably clear.

There isn't a lot else to report, so I guess it's time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 19