RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all. It is grey and cloudy at LBG, a real contrast to the lovely weekend weather at Lurker Towers.

We were largely hosting this weekend, so I have eaten too much and drunk too much and have been given a pile of chocolate that will need demolishing. Tough life eh?

The Sidcup foxes haven't learned from those in Bill's neighbourhood; having said that I did notice a bin in the next street that had been knocked over and the contents strewn about. I assumed that the lid had not been locked until I read Bill's post. I can see me getting told off for failure to lock the bin in the near future....

Still, as AndrewC reported a while back, the Boring Borough ae changing their bin arrangements and I think we will get a new food waste bin.

Speaking of AndrewC, has anyone heard from him recently?

• Like 16

49 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

Afternoon from the far south east corner of the country where the daffodils are on their way out.....

TulipFarewell-01.jpg.171003e6b57d9adefdb82cdaa8aacd93.jpg

Off to post my local council postal vote. Have a good afternoon,

Keith

Zut alors, you have beheaded ze daffodils.  I am sinking the general consensus of modern opinion is just to bend zere necks and tie zem.  Not orf wizz zer heads!

Railway looks nice.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lightengine said:

Zut alors, you have beheaded ze daffodils.  I am sinking the general consensus of modern opinion is just to bend zere necks and tie zem.  Not orf wizz zer heads!

Railway looks nice.

Not in this part of the world, couple of years ago the whizz kids on the Radio Kent gardening programme reported that some members of the gardening fraternity are minded to prefer deadheading to bending the necks..... and deadheading hasn't stopped them flowering for the last couple of years! Anyway they look neater being beheaded.....:yes:

Railway, what railway? Thought I was taking a pic of the daffodils. Honest guv. :rolleyes:

Keith

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all on this Feast of St. George,

Oh F### it, Its our wedding adversary today 44 years of miss spent life, that's my death warrant signed sealed and delivered guess who forgot.:fool:

Afternoon All

just escaped from HMP Frimley Park hospital, it took about 15 minute for the injection in the butt the appointment was at 07:15am Injection at midday and out at 2pm after

recovery time and the say the NHS has no money or beds????? Better not go any further with that I'll get throw off.

Tell me if I'm wrong 108 +36 = 144 Her made it 134 and she argued for half hour she was correct.:banghead:

I need a dark room she has made my head hurt I will have to go and lay down for a while.

enjoy eating St George GDB & all. :superman:Sodem Antmorra :vava_mini:

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Evening.

Far back of the garden is now tree-less and I have marked out the planned shed footprint.

Talking of age of rowdy people, we went into Wetherspoons for breakfast yesterday and there was a noisy crowd of 40+ (even possibly 50+) talking about how loud mouthed one of the women in their group was the night before after 'her' football team lost. By the time we left just after 9am the pub was even noisier with drinkers of all ages on the booze again. No beer for us yesterday or today but I do need to go into town tomorrow to pay in a cheque form R Mail who finally relented and paid out for a lost parcel so it might prove hard ot avoid a few pints of Southern style (no head) ale:drink_mini:

Edited by roundhouse
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

I won’t need to see the film Aditi went to this afternoon as she has told me the entire story after getting home. She said no one checked their tickets but it wasn’t exactly full, four people in the audience including Aditi and friend. The seating was armchairs and sofas.

I put some stuff back in the garage, mainly bicycles that have been outside for a week. It hasn’t rained but possibly may do so in the next few days. A car roof box is still in the back garden but that isn’t going to be affected by a drop of rain. I rescued one item from the pile of broken tools Aditi had removed from the shed. It wasn’t broken , just rather in need of a clean. I can’t imagine I will be mixing mortar but just in case I don’t want to mess up any of her stainless steel  garden spades. I think we must have had the big spade for about 40 years. 

Tony

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. When I visited Tess Coe's the other day I found a till receipt in the trolley, upon inspection the club card points hadn't been claimed, 101 points! they have now been added to my club card.:D I have asked for the necessary forms to claim back the tax from the PPI, now just waiting for some other documents. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Beware Tony_S, a large spade wielded with vigour to move a couple of tons (I've not fully metricated yet) of topsoil has done no good to my lower back / left hip. Some days, even walking is a real pain. I now only use a rather genteel "lady's" spade.

I was committed (some would say thank goodness) to spending some time in the garage this past afternoon but received subsequent instructions to "get your 'air cut" delivered in best SM Smudge (who remembers The Army Game?) manner so a trip to town and then No2 grandson was entertained for an hour before taking No1 grandson to his golf lesson = negligible modelling progress but at least my back hasn't been bent double all afternoon. Off to play cribbage now.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

Well 2 grandkids duly returned to their parents, bliss, like having them to stay, but I think I like it more when they go home lol. Starting to cool down here, dull and possibly wet forecast for sometime to come , normal service resumes for the typical NE Scotland weather, glad it was nice for the holiday for a change. A larger than usual Laphroaig is now being consumed, which reminds me we need to sort out our visit to Islay next year, trying to time it for when the Port Ellen distillery re-opens(might be a sample or two of the old stuff if we are lucky).

• Like 16

Waitrose, who are closing in about 8 weeks have raised the price of Jordans Granola cereal by 21p a pack.  That is some huge transport cost rise that is being passed on.

Are they having a giraffe? 

Strangely Co-op have it at the old price.  

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Waitrose, who are closing in about 8 weeks have raised the price of Jordans Granola cereal by 21p a pack.  That is some huge transport cost rise that is being passed on.

Are they having a giraffe? 

Strangely Co-op have it at the old price.  

Perhaps worth trying Dorset Cereals Granola. They must be closer to Devon?

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Crikey Tony, I just googled it and it's even more expensive!

Oh dear. I only know about it as Aditi buys their muesli now instead of the Jordan’s one she used to.  I don't really like any of that kind of breakfast cereal. Brother in law is currently obsessing on muesli mixed with homemade kefir. Aditi’s sister seems to be tolerant about jugs of fermenting milk product around the kitchen. 

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
Missing word
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

We’ve added a great day out in Derbyshire today, the weather improved during the day and by dinner time I needed to put my sun glasses on. A quite dinner in a small cafe and then the pub for tea. Really enjoyed the food,  it I fear I’ve eaten too much AGAIN, so it’s probably a good job I’m going to the swimming pool tomorrow morning, to burn some of it off. However, tomorrow evening we have Ava, Evie and Max round for tea and they’ve asked for pie and chips. I ordered  the pies when I went to the butchers last week, so on my way home from the pool, I’ll call at there and pick them up.

Goodnight all 

• Like 18