The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

My original PPI claim direct to my bank (rather than a specific PPI company, as advised via the various money websites) netted just over £30! About three years later, they told me that they had re-investigated and were sending a cheque for about £1500...........

Cue much celebrating at NB Towers.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from  Estuary-Land. Very early riser this morning, even beating the bin wagons dawn chorus. No sign of the flying ants now but after I had sprayed I could smell the formic acid. I wasn't sure what it was at first though the smell was familiar until I remembered kettle descaler also uses formic acid. Now going back to bed, be back later.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Flatulent Animal Impersonator?

Fortunately (for me) I'm off to Surrey tomorrow to stay with No. 2 son then to a reunion in London on Friday and back home on Saturday so he may have forgotten by then :rolleyes_mini: 

F

Here's one as a suitable send off, just in case I forget later:

• Funny 17

1 hour ago, 45156 said:

every year you are able to entertain us with the humorous events at the American import.

If it's a import from the US the UK has had plenty of time to stamp it out. The last one I attended was in Paisley more than 50 years ago ;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, AndyID said:

If it's a import from the US the UK has had plenty of time to stamp it out. The last one I attended was in Paisley more than 50 years ago ;)

So it’s a Scottish import then!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Barry O said:

then a trip to Skipton may be undertaken.

Don't forget to visit Drake and Macefield - best pies in Yorkshire (or possibly wider afield)

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

Intermittent sun brightens the day over KZland this morning. A text from my GP Surgery suggested that I should call regarding the blood sample extracted yesterday morning so, with a little trepidation and before the puncture mark has disappeared, I made that call. As it transpires, the NHS can be really good! The results were "acceptable" although the cholesterol level (which hasn't changed from 4.7 for four years) is now regarded as above what GPs would like with my history. A change of meds has been agreed, I will need to provide a series of am & pm BP readings and some of us hope I will be around for at least another year - after all, I don't expect to finish KZ within that time frame!

Yesterday's chosen tasks were almost all completed! DashCam needs its GPS locator installed but otherwise and on first impressions seems OK. One of our fire alarms decided it wished to falsely warn us of danger but it seems that it is affected by high levels of humidity and, located near an open Velux style window, the sticky atmosphere may have been to blame. As conditions improve, I shall reinstate it and hope all is resolved.

Preparations for our Channel Island sojourn need progressing toodeesweetie as events have a habit of crowding my best laid plans etc. Baz mentioned solar renewables. My research is that solar thermal is still a more effective investment than solarPV so, if you could possibly need an upgrade to your water system, get a cylinder that has dual coils. If going for SolarPV, can your roof structure carry the extra weight? Talking of extra weight, I really must do something about mine... Laters!

• Like 16

Morning, sun is still with us and the greenhouse vents are open, so over 20 degrees already(for coastal NE Scotland that is some feat), SWMBO is off to lunch with a pal. so I'm suitably lathered with factor 50 and off out with the camera. Wildlife togging at the sea bird cliffs and then my historical surveying of the old railway lines around Montrose, I have followed a fair bit from Forfar to Bridge of Dun, now looking around Kinnaber where the line that carried the 3 hour A4 expresses from Glasgow to Aberdeen joined the present ECML, I wish I had been living in Scotland back then.

• Like 17