The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

We will set off for home after breakfast this morning. An enjoyable day or two in Edinburgh has been had.

It was really good to meet up with Gabe. Yes Chrisf a meet with Mal would have been great but alas it was not to be.

John, even with the delays I hope Sandy feels more comfortable today.

Very positive thoughts to all who ail!

Get the best out of everything you do today.

Baz

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, AndrewC said:

My reaction would have been to have left the entire shop on the checkout and walk out. Plus a few expletives for good measure. 

My other half has had items in our Sainsburys that haven't been on the system but they said just have them as compliments of the shop due to it being their fault. It was only a few bread rolls so probably more hassle than its worth for such items.

Morning. Heavy rain again and last night it also chucked it down very hard and got soaked just the 50 or so years to the next pub. Luckily it eased off when we departed heading for the local chinese take away.

Tonight after setting up the layout ,assuming we are required to help as its our late friends Triang layout so the couple of friends arriving with it may have it set up in no time, its going to be a long night drinking in Barrow!

Last year when we should have had it at the show I found the original wheels but not my Jinty (my very first loco now over 50 years old). This year I have found the jinty but now cant find the wheels as I must have put them somewhere safe. It has Romfords so it wont run well on Super 4 track.  So I have brought another jinty I had acquired many years ago.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Morning. Heavy rain again and last night it also chucked it down very hard and got soaked just the 50 or so years to the next pub. Luckily it eased off when we departed heading for the local chinese take away.

I think I'd walk a bit faster if I were you, taking 50 years to get there reduces drinking and muddelling time.

Mooring awl , Inner Temple Hare,

A poor nights sleep of many broken bits... why...

I think one of our visitors at the show on Saturday has passed on NHN's lurgy, arriving mid afternoon yesterday I have the sniffles, the odd sneeze and what's worst a sore throat.. strepcils have been deployed, something stronger later.

It was dark on Ben the "I'm scared of the Dark" Collies patrol this morning but dry and windy, but as I opened the gate afterwards the drizzle arrived, increasing until half way towards here it was chucking it down.

Today the Boss is off, as it's company caring day, people can go with the company to one of three sites where they help some organisation, I think he's doing gardening at an old peoples home... Meanwhile If I take a day off my backlog of work just builds up and I get more stress and grief.. 

So today I have a last bit of those high resistance boxes to do, before sloping shoulders on them, analyse the results of the major systems cross check, and there is a one off 100M Ohm resistor to Measure..

They are still not into the old lab, the temperature sensors are being rewired, that done they want to leave a few days to see if all is OK.

Time to wander down to the lab

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Lots of wind and rain overnight but it's just breezy at the moment. Some more rain due but it should be drier this afternoon.

Hoping that track will arrive today however there are one or two other jobs that can be done whilst waiting.

Nothing else happening although I suspect Herself will want tea any minute now.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Weather update: Now raining again.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings from the borough most boring. Cool and windy here at the moment. No rain as of yet despite what was predicted. Hoping it holds off until this evening so I can get the new security lights and cameras installed. Failing that I have some painting to do indoors. So far I'm impressed by the Ring door bell. The motion sensor had to be set to bare minimum but it means I know when someone is at the door, even if they are too stupid to ring the rather obvious bell. (Yodel drivers seem to be the worst.) The previous doorbell from Wickes lasted a whole 3 months before venturing off to silicon heaven. As mentioned earlier in the week, we ordered a bunch of stuff. The house is now full of empty boxes that need to be cut down and taken to the tip. Bloody council has removed all the paper recycling bins from the other locations. Asshats! The alternative is to use the Greenwich bin at the nearby Sainsbury's. 

Work is work and for some reason this week is really p*ssing me off more than usual. Maybe I'm just in a grumpier mood. Roll on the weekend. Some shopping required but mostly just working through the ever growing Honey do list. 

Coffee time again. Enjoy the day, enjoy the weekend. 

addendum: should have mentioned, we've long called the space under the stairs "The Harry Potter Suite". Surprised that none of our visitors have ever booked that room. 

Edited by AndrewC
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning  all from a sunny Charente.   Up a little early today as there is much to do. I have to go to Limoges (2.25 hrs drive) to pick the girls up from the airport. This has meant that Beth will have to make her own lunch.  Another 4 wheeler has been cleaned and brought from the shed to enable her to move hot soup around safely. I've been and got a bulged tyre changed on Beth's car and done various other tasks.  Now a short break before hanging out the washing and setting off.

I really hope that Sandy's treatment was worthwhile.

Regards to al

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well, surprise, surprise, it’s raining, who’d have thought it? It’s Friday so that means my weekly trip to the Trafford Centre, as well as Asda and the butchers, where I’ll pick our weekly meat rations, some sausages for tonight’s tea and a pastie for dinner. Nothing else of note is planned for the afternoon, possibly taking it easy is the order of the day. 

Back later

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sad news about the hump back whale the entered the Thames. The post mortem revealed that she was probably already dying when she entered the river. Not only was she suffering from intestinal parasites she had been struck by a ship and injured. John, I hope Sandy's treatment was successful and best wishes to you both. Windy with squally showers at the moment so nothing much will be done today, be back later.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Raining here. 
Aditi informed me she is taking her Mum to the Edinburgh Woollen Mill today. This doesn’t require a trip to Scotland, it would appear to be a retail outlet in a nearby garden centre. There is a road near Enfield that has lots of garden centres. I wonder if Aditi will succeed in having lunch in a garden centre “caff” today. 
I don’t have any plans for today other than some household tidying tasks. 
I am glad Sandy got her radiotherapy. My Dad had an inoperable tumour and radiation treatment ( at the hospital where John was treated) definitely helped to ease his pain. 
Tony

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

Morning(just) watching rugby so keep getting distracted, had a nice wander in the hills yesterday although it was low cloud and misty, bumped into this bothy in the wooded bit, didn't know it was there, would make a nice railway room, but no power so maybe not. Have a nice day, I'm off up to the forest as the suns out and SWMBO needs a lift to the hairdressers.

BM1K0543.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Hmm, thought I had posted this morning, but it appears the power of thought alone does not overcome keyboards.

Continuing supportive thoughts to those uppermost in our minds here this morning afternoon. 

Bike club venue 2.0 pleasant this morning, a core of good friends, one missing due to becoming 'all loved up' which really is rather nice.  Two young-ish (30's) people who I have a lot of time for who met through a local campaign to stop an inappropriate development have discovered a common ground.  Romance is not dead. Ahhhhwwww!

Having come home I now remember the errands I was supposed to do in Ramsey.  Oops. Better get to it.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

45 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning(just) watching rugby so keep getting distracted, had a nice wander in the hills yesterday although it was low cloud and misty, bumped into this bothy in the wooded bit, didn't know it was there, would make a nice railway room, but no power so maybe not. Have a nice day, I'm off up to the forest as the suns out and SWMBO needs a lift to the hairdressers.

BM1K0543.jpg

What about clockwork?  It always used to be very popular.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

Greetings all from LBG where it keeps trying to rain.

Meal last might was OK, although they missed out the béarnaise sauce and then brought us a different sauce instead, which we turned down.

On the magazine front, Younger Lurker showed me his latest Autosport magazine; he gets bought it every week and is really into his motorsport. He then mentioned the price. It's gone up to £10.99, an absolutely massive increase. He thought it might be some kind of special edition, but a quick search on the web suggests it is deliberate attempt to reduce the 16000 or so circulation to nil so that they can fully on line. That's a real shame for him as I don't think he will be getting the mag any longer.

I hope that Sandy feels more comfortable quickly as a result of the radiotherapy and best wishes

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12