The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

John, it's all been said, and I can only add my condolences and best wishes - a me too post does seem a little inadequate, but it really is meant very sincerely.

Regards

Stewart

• Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

A unfortunately familiar feel to that John, I was with my father when he passed away, exactly the same.

I should say a book would be very helpful for anyone in the same position, to help understand 'how it is'.

Look after yourself.

• Agree 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Thank you.

Sandy's work involves the non-conformist meeting house of Kerrier and Penwith, some 300 of them. I'm thinking that it may be deposited at Gwennap, at the Wesley Chapel in Bristol, at Oxford Brookes University Methodist collection or the one in Manchester. Or all of them.

Many of the photos show decay over the years.

One of the most elusive was the one on Market Jew Street, Penzance. We only discovered it by going round the back of Primark (?)

One good home could be the Wesley Historical Society collection at Huddersfield University. That's where my late fathers archive is deposited.

Jamie

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 minute ago, jamie92208 said:

One good home could be the Wesley Historical Society collection at Huddersfield University. That's where my late fathers archive is deposited.

Jamie

Didn't know there was one at Huddersfield, thanks.

The area Sandy studied was only relatively small, but I think she's got every site there 

• Like 17