The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Whats all this 'gender reveal' about? The only gender reveal that I know of was once found on the topmost shelves of some newsagents aimed at amateur gynacologists where gender was quite apparent. Further sorting of the boxes is taking place, a lot of the stuff has gone in the bin but I have recovered more than a dozen 0 scale painted figures. Rayleigh swapmeet tomorrow so more modelling tokens required to be removed from the hole in the wall. Tea requires drinking, be back later.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

another mother who hasn't been able to get shot of the offspring it woud seem:o

I was talking to Aditi’s brother this morning. It sounded as if the tiny nieces were having fun. I asked what were they doing and apparently it was “waving spanners  about trying to help”. Raj was removing the stair gates. I said he shouldn’t get rid of the gates. He went a bit quiet but laughed when I said “just in case you get a puppy”. 
Tony

• Funny 17

Our thought are with you and Beth, Jamie. That must have been a terrible shock, one few of us would be able to handle so well as it sounds like you did. We're all here, as you well know, to support you at such times.

Yay! Saturday.

Wait, NO SODDING NEWSPAPER :butcher::triniti:. Call in to the appropriate parties, though the promise of a replacement being delivered usually doesn't actually happen.

On to the challenges of the day. Some pre-winter tasks, water hoses in, water shutoffs sorted, and some clearing of the garage from our move in the vain hope we can get the blqqdy car in there before the snow flies!

Oh, and some Christmas lights on the trees out back as a start for the "illuminations"...

In other news, the annual charity "flight simulator round the world flight" that I usually get to the UK for, finished this morning UK time, and the raised 31,000 quid in the week for the Lullaby Trust. go them...

-4 NOT finding the paper, now +1 and maybe making +5 for a high.

Off to start my weekend tasks.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Raining here now. Until midnight according to various websites. It isn’t heavy rain like that in the Midlands and North though. We had a walk before the rain started. Aditi has been keen for me to walk but the breathlessness made me a bit cautious. Now I have been told it isn’t a problem I have been as irritating as possible suggesting Aditi should walk faster. We met a neighbour twice, she has to walk her dogs separately, as one is elderly and the other dog isn’t two yet. 
Tony

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Jamie, I'm hoping that Beth's surgery has gone well or will go well.  (It would be 19:00 en France by the time I write this.)

The mind boggles at the idea of trying to attend a grieving widow (and dealing with all the trans-La Manche complications) on top of caring for your post-operative spouse who already needed a lot of TLC.

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Whats all this 'gender reveal' about?

Phil, I'm going to assume this is a genuine question. It has become "a thing" for expectant parents to host parties for friends and family to reveal the gender of their little bundle of joy before the birth. Originally this was confined to a harmless, if overly cute, cake cutting at a baby shower where either pink or blue coloured sponge cake was revealed when the cake was cut.

It morphed into popping balloons or piñatas with pink or blue confetti inside. Online you can find a family who had a pet alligator bite into a watermelon filled with pink or blue dye. Since then people have one-upped each other to include pyrotechnics, sometimes with tragic results.  Yesterday involved a plane crash. 

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 15

15 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It morphed into popping balloons or piñatas with pink or blue confetti inside. Online you can find a family who had a pet alligator bite into a watermelon filled with pink or blue dye. Since then people have one-upped each other to include pyrotechnics, sometimes with tragic results.  Yesterday involved a plane crash. 

Another recent fatality.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/29/homemade-pipe-bomb-caused-accidental-death-at-gender-reveal-party

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 7