The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

No decorations to put up or sprouts to cook. I’m sure something else will be suggested though.

Have you seen the price of the latest Apple Mac Pro and associated addy on bits?  I know it’s aimed at ‘top end’ professionals but blimey.

Have a good day.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well I’ve just finished my breakfast, I’m late because I’ve already been out to to visit the dental hygienist. A rather pretty tall blonde, who is very pleasing to the eye. Upon my return, as it was raining, Sheila asked if she could have a lift to her Zumba class. Once back home, the window cleaners were here, so I had to go and unlock the back garden gate so they could do the windows at the back of the house. As for voting, she and I have had a postal vote now for a few years, as one year an election just happened to coincide with a short holiday we’d got booked. Funnily enough, ever since then, we’ve had no canvassers from any of the political parties ringing our doorbell! Every cloud and all that! I don’t think our vote will change the party of the local MP though. Although boundary changes a few years ago did and the local MP changed from blue to the red party. 

I remembered yesterday that I hadn’t put out the Christmas decorations at the front door this year, so they are the next job to do, other than that, there’s not a lot else planned for the day.

Enjoy whatever you’ve got planned, back later. 

• Like 18

Morning one and all, we have one of those can't make it's mind up sort of morning here, the sun did try to scramble over the horizon an hour or so ago, but it has vanished into a rather flat light grey sort of snow laden looking sky, not sure what today will bring, a bit of running of replica steam powered people moving on parallel rails happened yesterday and it might just happen again if the light doesn't improve for photography in the forest....toot toot

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning one and all, we have one of those can't make it's mind up sort of morning here, the sun did try to scramble over the horizon an hour or so ago, but it has vanished into a rather flat light grey sort of snow laden looking sky, not sure what today will bring, a bit of running of replica steam powered people moving on parallel rails happened yesterday and it might just happen again if the light doesn't improve for photography in the forest....toot toot

Given your skills with a camera, I would be fascinated to see an image of steam powered people :mocking_mini:

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

Been out for a walk in a damp and breezy village today and cast my vote for the least offensive party.  This meant a change from my lifetime of voting for the same party.  It will take a significant change of direction before I ever vote for them again.

Now back at home in the warm with a muggacoffee. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I voted over a week ago, by post. I have had a postal vote seemingly forever as I more often than not I worked as a poll clerk in a different constituency to where I lived. Interesting point re. what GDB said about how busy his polling station was. After the initial voters waiting for the poll to open it goes quiet until a mini rush between 7 and 8 as some people vote on the way to work. Then it goes quiet until lunchtime when there is a mini rush of people voting in their lunch hour. Then there is a small pause before 3-4 pm when the mums picking their kids up from school arrive, the most hectic time, not because of the number of voters but the number of little darlings running around. Then the next rush about 6 when people going home from work cast their votes. From about 8 there is very rarely a voter to be seen until after the soaps have finished and then the last rush. Its then pretty quiet until closing time when theres a few who wait until the last minute. I'm sure Jamie will confirm that as soon as the polling station is about to close the local beat bobby arrives to grab a last mug of tea and any cakes or biscuits left over.*

*It is normal practice for the person in charge of the station to provide tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits for the clerks.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

At the nearest village polling station, if two people turn up at once it's rush hour, should be there about 19:00 which is late for me but i'm visiting my sailing friend  after work. I don't know if he'll venture that far, his polling station is all of a hundred yards from the house.. His parents might give him a lift..

it's about to get soggy here according to the weather radar.

• Like 10
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Ooops. Just been reprimanded for trying to help. I was running my finger around the cake mixing bowl in order to clean it!   :yes: Apparently that is not the way to do it. :no: :rolleyes::whistle:

Using your tongue is much more efficient, although you have to bear Gordon's salient point about what you run (in this case) your tongue around.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 15

45 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I'm sure Jamie will confirm that as soon as the polling station is about to close the local beat bobby arrives to grab a last mug of tea and any cakes or biscuits left over.*

*It is normal practice for the person in charge of the station to provide tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits for the clerks.

What's a local beat bobby...……………………………………………………………..something I remember from the dim and distant past

• Agree 18

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

What's a local beat bobby...……………………………………………………………..something I remember from the dim and distant past

DixonofDockGreen[1].jpg

• Like 15
  • Funny 3