RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Many congratulations and Happy Anniblisserversary Mr & Mrs Mick. Well done for dodging a bullet Mick!

Hints of blue sky and brightness here but the chance of some drizzle.

I believe what our leader said was that he was "confident the the tide will turn in 12 weeks provided everybody does what they are told/asked" or words to that effect. As it is obvious many people are not  doing or going to do that then I wouldn't hold your breath!

It is being suggested that we do some gardening today. Weeding seems to be the main requirement to prepare the beds for some bedding plants we've ordered online. I need some fresh air so I will comply with the request.

Have a good one,

Bob. ( AKA Number 6.)

I’ll Trump your AKA Number 6 with a Lotus 7 :crazy:

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not much to report this morning, a bit nippy out but dry at the moment. I tuned in for the BBC local (London) news, principaly for the weather only to get the news from south of the estuary??? At least the weather news covered the estuary so wasn't to bad. Belated anniversary wishes to NB and wife. This is for Dave.

10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I imagine that someone is on latrine duty for the rest of his military career.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.f77db4b0c7fe5f84a4b80a81f88fb628.png

The space between them is called a perineum.

Biggest pair of ----------- that ever graced this earth. :tease::tease: 

chose your own word/s to go in the gap

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 5

39 minutes ago, 81C said:

Biggest pair of ----------- that ever graced this earth. :tease::tease: 

chose your own word/s to go in the gap

Am I the only one that thinks the tangerine tw@'s mouth looks like a prolapsed rectum?

edit: forgot to fill in the blank. "scrotal pouch heads"

Edited by AndrewC
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Am I the only one that things the tangerine tw@'s mouth looks like a prolapsed rectum?

Well you know with a perineum between them you know what that makes the blond one.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all,

Belated anniversary congrats to Mr & Mrs NB, and many more of them.

There are also warnings in today's 'Telegraph' that there are concerns that the internet will run out of bandwidth or bytes or something technical and this will get worse when the properly studious among the children and students will all be working remotely from next week.   In many respects I'm not surprised but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all.

I suspect the video games ,streaming music videos and chats to mates will be taking up more bandwidth than school work

• Like 1
  • Agree 16

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Am I the only one that thinks the tangerine tw@'s mouth looks like a prolapsed rectum?

edit: forgot to fill in the blank. "scrotal pouch heads"

There was a superb post on FB yesterday showing the finish Govt doing a speech spread out over 1M apart with a photo below showing number 45 doing his daily speech with loads of people crammed in behind him.

I have been chopping logs and now have a rather pleasant warm patio form the chimnera that arrived yesterday.

WFS been happening completing weatherin of four locos. Phots sent ot lcients to see if they are happy before I do the final matt coat.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Dave's comments about odd misfires with no apparent cause reminds me of a number of similar incidents I have witnessed.

But I've always found that somewhere there is a route cause, whether it is a faulty electrical system, or something that has not been fitted correctly.

One example was a single L2A2 grenade which failed to explode after being thrown.  We'd thrown around 60 that morning, and I was mightily hacked off that we'd had the one dud, because. it was my responsibility to go out onto the  grenade range, locate the blind* (a term for explosive ordnance that has not exploded), and then carry out a controlled explosion to demolish it.

Having located the grenade it was pretty obvious why it had failed to detonate:  The fuse had not been fully screwed in, so there was no chance of it exploding as it should have done.  Despite this, and the chance of it exploding being pretty minimal, there is always a risk that it might!  We destroyed the grenade in situ with plastic explosive.

Since we had quite a bit of PE that we didn't want to return to stores, we made a little bang into one much bigger.

When the classic bomb disposal units are called to sites where an old unexploded bomb has been uncovered, the issue is always what condition the fuse is in.  Although they tend to be made brass, corrosion does occur especially if the fuse has been subject to damp or ingress of water.

Once the fuse has been removed the remaining explosive can be removed quite easily.  If the bomb is in too difficult a place to be removed then the explosive is steamed out; if it's easy enough to get out then it's taken away and destroyed in a controlled explosion.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 14