The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

By the way grwat to hear Tom Lehrer being mentioned. I have two live LP's and am a great fan.

CDs for me. Trying to identify the show where Daniel Radcliffe sang "The Elements" led me to this mashup of Tom Lehrer (perhaps during the Copenhagen show) with Daniel Radcliffe on the Graham Norton show.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Presumably they could offer 'first come, first served' timed access passes to limit the number of attendees  during the day.

Can just visualise the gate keeper saying "we've allowed our maximum quota in, please form an orderly queue"!

• Like 6
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

overcast and the sun trying to get through 

Yesterday as I was passing I picked up some milk in a Tesco's Express normally I pay £1.20 for 4 pints, those rip off B'stards £1.80 won't be using those stores again. :threaten:

I've food for 2 weeks in the fridge/freezer apart from milk I will ease of my consumption of it to save a daily battle to find some 8 pints in the fridge is normally 2-3 days worth

I should be able to stretch that a bit.

Better get on stay safe :superman: I. Wusrooked :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is a nice sunny day here. It does sound as if there is some wind though. 
I think there may be some gardening occurring today but for me that will be tea making or biscuit delivery. We had a walk to the nearby fields yesterday. It was very easy to comply with avoiding people. It was deserted.

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

I last looked in around 6pm yesterday and it has taken an hour this morning to catch up with the threads I follow - we are certainly not socially distancing on here and that is very good to see as this is a perfect way of helping avoid loneliness. Even if it means being glued to a screen, that screen is (generally) not spouting paranoia like the current affairs / news channels seem to be. Let's keep a bit of sense about this, it is not good but it is something we will overcome. Of course there are many who are in less comfortable circumstances that the KZ household and I do have great sympathy for each and every one of them. I too am developing a hatred of the "f**k you" brigade who are so selfish in their outlook that they are causing many of the problems wit the availability of food and other essential items. Someone suggested that supermarkets ban trolleys - not a bad idea I think!

As to the person that some are calling "mop head" and even less salutary names, he is what this country elected through a long-standing system just over three months ago. He may not be your cup of darjeeling or jasmine but the need to address these issues we all face falls on him as Prime Minister. In a choice between the elderly allotment holder and the mop head, in December and now in March, the country needs leadership and a recognition that there is a much bigger part of the nation outside the M25. Rant over. 

To Rick's Sharon, congratulations. Several years back, I typed up and processed a friend's dissertation for her OU Masters so I know how much work goes into such documents. I rummaged through my unmentionable boxes two days ago, yesterday saw the Royal Mail act in unison with Deluxe Materials and so, when the weather is less pleasant, I have things to do without places to go. Whilst it is bright and breezy this morning, I shall wander round to my village store and purchase some milk and see if they have some baking yeast whilst taking the opportunity to post some unmentionable slippery things to a person who will make more use of them than I could.

Stay safe and active and, as suggested earlier, keep in contact!

• Like 11
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BlackRat said:

Replace all supermarket trollies with baskets....... problem sorted.

Looks like a great idea but thoughts:

1  Bit late now

2  Fine for the fit and healthy but not practical for the vulnerable

Getting adequate groceries is proving more than impossible for the numbers needing as well as the 'TP problem'.

Great news that Sharon has posted her PhD thesis and working it through as well as having very busy work responsibilities.

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Just bought 2 x 4pints at Tesco- £1.10 a bottle.

Mind you, no beans...20200321_075112.jpg.4f793e3c22fb220a4732a49a67d2bd2d.jpg

That pallet at the end of the shelf looks like baked beans ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 16
  • Informative/Useful 1