RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BoD said:

Afternoon all.

Re - those bemoaning having only one ring.

I was born with just one ring and have always had just one ring.

Is there any advantage to having more than one?

Well, all things being equal, with two rings you should be twice as fast.

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Well, all things being equal, with two rings you should be twice as fast.

Being twice as fast is not always a good thing! 

• Agree 13

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Go on, tell us how you really feel......... :mosking: #### it

and that after losing 'just one'............

It's happening with regularity so one does get p!ssed off with it . 

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Heads up, theres a pogram on railway achitecture on at 8 this evening on the Yesterday channel. Going to watch it now, be back later.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just out of  interest Simon, I've started a  thread for the railway pictures that I've scanned, "Jamie's random railway pictures."  There are quite a few of the Ratty in the mid 70's and will be more.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I

Well, these days are over for certain, apart from the occasional ZRH-LCY-ZRH flight (and hopefully a long haul to Tokyo when I turn 65), my flying days are done. And I only partly miss them..

My flying days are definitely over and starting to use my miles to obtain a new IPhone!  No more using them for upgrades or holidays, etc.  The very thought of getting up early just to beat the traffic to the airport, then wait a couple of hours to board just doesn't appeal any more.  My first trip on a PAA 747 years ago was just as the guide books said, great service, good food adequate room even in economy and the 'stews' (as they were called then) were often young and attractive.  My last trip was in Business, for obvious reasons, was better in that there was no smoking but the flight attendants had got older and plumper, but just as nice and helpful.  It will not be missed!

Brian.

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Plus an array of flowering but not particularly edible things although SWMBO assures me that nasturtium leaves and flowers are in fact plate-worthy items.  I was wary of "zucchini flowers" until I tried them (stuffed with soft cheese and deep fried for a couple of seconds in a light beer batter) so maybe nasturtiums aren't so bad after all.  

Sounds better than a dandelion salad.

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

19 minutes ago, brianusa said:

My last trip was in Business, for obvious reasons, was better in that there was no smoking but the flight attendants had got older and plumper, but just as nice and helpful.

Not United then. Some of the seniors in flight attendant roles are right harridans. 

I have to approve of the evolving non-discriminatory practices in staffing for flight attendants. It is right and proper. Having said that I had opportunity to fly on Kingfisher (the now defunct airline owned by the dodgy Mr Mallya who also founded Kingfisher beer / water). Their staffing was pure retro. The flight attendants could have been clones and fit an exact silhouette (either fore and aft or side to side) such that the uniforms might have only been made in one size. Every representative of that airline I interacted with took customer service to a superlative level.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

It took well over an hour to induct them all into the group which is now approach 3500 members.

You're getting into AndyY territory. Hopefully there is someone who can produce content for such an audience.

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Eveninkawl,

Today went much as anticipated, legs have been exercised with only themselves as company, garden mowed, fish bought and eaten, a certain amount of sitting with SWMBO whilst the television was on has been part of the day too - me being dutifully quiet and non-confrontational. Hopefully the management at the Station House has enjoyed her day so The Stationmaster will be in good(ish) books for several hours/days/weeks/months ahead, dependent upon how deep his pockets were. The next birthday in our extended household is our eldest granddaughter's early in June. Somehow I think that may pass without us being present but who knows.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Of the various Euroairports, the ones that I find fairly acceptable are BSL, LCY (though LCY has its ups and downs), CPH and BHX. FRA and CDG are really ghastly (take the TGV to Paris if you can) and whilst LHR is only mostly ghastly, LGW - to me - seems like the airport designed by Michael O’Leary....

Yes, FRA and CDG are really ghastly.

MUC is nice. ARN and HEL are OK. LIS and MAD are not special.

AMS is curious. In some ways with its spread out, long terminal piers it is almost as bad as FRA when changing planes, but it doesn't quite "feel" as bad. Perhaps it's the tulips and chocolate shops?

• Like 11