RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

11 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I have started to use Voltarol gel for Arthur Itis and it seems very effective. You should discuss it with your GP or pharmacist before using it as although a gel used externally it still reacts with some other drugs such as ibuprofen.

Having been Instructed to avoid Ibuprofen at all costs, where does Voltarol fit in the overall equation?

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, BokStein said:

Having been Instructed to avoid Ibuprofen at all costs, where does Voltarol fit in the overall equation?

I thought Voltarol contains Ibuprofen.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Been a busy bee today. Grass was mown, a "cricket match report" blank sorted for her indoors, wasps have been suitably dosed with anti wasp stuff, muddling done and ebay starting to be restocked..

Glad not to have to travel too far today though, roads were very busy around here.

My game tomorrow isn't far away but parking is not good.. (the playing area is inside a big public park which has no car park).

@Stationmaster - all my old haunts there.. great for the summer - I liked eating ta the pub in Clifton Hampden as it did very nice garlic king prawns.. those were the days! (I traveled past Long Whittenham on my way home from work. I did get to meet Roy England  in the museum a few times.. an interesting person to talk to!).  Did you wave to the still standing big double giraffe house in Culham (The JET Fusion research building)?

Time for some more non alchoholic juice and then ..

Baz

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Voltarol contains diclofenac, it’s active ingredient. Ibuprofen is the active ingredient of a number of brands including Nurofen and Cuprofen and Profex. 
Both ibuprofen and diclofenac as non steroidal anti inflammatories (NSAIDs) and are closely related. Both can be used orally and topically. 
Robert

• Informative/Useful 16

4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

You could easily tell it was Tesco because I had to follow a nice drop head Maserati into the car park;  no Ferrari trash there today, just the Maser and one Aston Martin among the more mundane stuff.  Strangely you don't get the more classy, and Ferrari, motors in Waitrose car park - all the exotica heads for Tesco, but no Lambos there today.

Is that archaic term 'drophead' actually still in use?  In all my time, I never knew what it actually referred to although I always used 'convertible' to describe an open car even back home in England.  So what was the head that was dropped, the top presumably, and no doubt called the 'hood'.:unsure:

Brian.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

A cool 16 here with an expected high of 27, shockingly cold/cool compared to what much of the UK is facing, and that's more where we should be this time of year.

Even though we have air conditioning I'm no fan (PUN :) ) of hot weather so this suites me and the Mrs quite well.

Enjoy the start of the weekend. :drinks:

Its been running hot and cold here in GH recently and today is most pleasant.  We seem to get cooling breezes off the Pacific which after a few hot days, brings the temperature down to normal and our night time hours cool and sleepable.  When I lived in the UK, I never experienced the kind of hot days that they suffer from in this day and and age; 70F degrees was considered a heat wave then.:fie:

Brian.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Ethanol?

I think that is what iD intended but John’s image is of something (di methyl ether) with the same atomic constituents but arranged differently. Used in wart freezing treatments rather than drinks.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BokStein said:

There is a warning on the Voltarol packaging about taking ibuprofen when using it. As I said above, if your on any sort of medication check with your GP or pharmacist first.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I think that is what iD intended but John’s image is of something (di methyl ether) with the same atomic constituents but arranged differently. Used in wart freezing treatments rather than drinks.

Ethanol can be better written as 

C2H5OH

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 6

Good evening!

54 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I too have that fear. A couple of years back, whilst resident in the local hospital, my consultant specificaly, explicitly and forcibly forbade me the ingestion of ibuprofen given my main gastric issues.

31 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Voltarol contains diclofenac, it’s active ingredient. Ibuprofen is the active ingredient of a number of brands including Nurofen and Cuprofen and Profex. 
Both ibuprofen and diclofenac as non steroidal anti inflammatories (NSAIDs) and are closely related. Both can be used orally and topically. 
Robert

Does that mean that I can still use Voltarol topically without the problems fighting ibuprofen vs omeprazole?

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

4 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

There is a warning on the Voltarol packaging about taking ibuprofen when using it. As I said above, if your on any sort of medication check with your GP or pharmacist first.

Agreed, check with someone with a knowledge of your medical history.

Robert

• Like 5
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

30 degrees, you wimps. It's been 40 here today, just glad that we had the pool.  It's still 37 at the moment.  Anyway, a good day has been had despite the heat.  Video call in the morning to daugter and granddaughter to look forward to.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 minutes ago, BokStein said:

Good evening!

I too have that fear. A couple of years back, whilst resident in the local hospital, my consultant specificaly, explicitly and forcibly forbade me the ingestion of ibuprofen given my main gastric issues.

Does that mean that I can still use Voltarol topically without the problems fighting ibuprofen vs omeprazole?

All NSAIDS can cause gastric irritation and using them topically reduces this risk, however there is still a small risk, so it’s advisable to speak with your GP to get their opinion as he/she will know your history.

The drugs don’t ‘fight’ as such, the omeprazole reduces the acidity of the stomach contents and protects the lining whilst the NSAID can damage the lining.

Robert

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 12

27 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

All NSAIDS can cause gastric irritation and using them topically reduces this risk, however there is still a small risk, so it’s advisable to speak with your GP to get their opinion as he/she will know your history.

The drugs don’t ‘fight’ as such, the omeprazole reduces the acidity of the stomach contents and protects the lining whilst the NSAID can damage the lining.

Robert

With Hiatus Hernia and a sealed duodenal perforation, NSAIDs are out for me by ingestion, you may see my concerns about off-the-shelf potions like Voltarol for relief from my rheumatoid arthritis and other muscular ailments!

• Friendly/supportive 14