Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all,

A pretty busy today with a 5 mile walk this morning in cold dry and calm conditions.  A few jobs done early afternoon and then watched some rugby on the tablet (Exeter putting on a dominant second half performance to be Leicester).

This evening was a shopping evening as the cupboards were starting to look a bit empty!  Now all restocked.  We came home with some reduced bread and cakes, so I have made a bit of a dent into those since we got home!

I was sent a most amusing (to me at least!) piece of video today.  A short search found it on YouTube as well:

Apologies if you have seen it before.

• Like 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Barry O said:

Goodnight all!

Baz

Ps @New Haven Neiland @Ian Abel... i am getting tired of some adverts.. especially those to do with a particular bit of software..yep Stupid As Possible.. cripes why advertise that on here it is dreadful..

When I was at work, they used that system. We always referred to it as

Stops All Production 

• Like 9
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
On 04/12/2020 at 10:35, Barry O said:

Right so next good thing is winning the eurodollars tonight.. I could do some serious damage with £175Milion...

Baz

l

Woohoo - £2.30.

That's a Greggs bacon butty sorted for Monday

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening All,

I'm sorry to heard of Ricks situation and hope as soon as the vaccine has done it’s job he can get out and do the things he wants. Hopefully it’ll not be long now. I must admit I’m beginning to feel despondent. I remember Tump saying it will be over by Easter and Boris saying we should be back to normal by Christmas. I don’t blame  them as this situation is unprecedented  but it doesn’t give you hope for their next predictions.

Not done much today but helped a friend with a leaking toilet this morning and don’t really know  where the rest of the day went. Did a bit of work in the shed and took Sydney for his evening walk.

Not sure about tomorrow but F1 race on tomorrow so should be watching highlights.

Goodnight

Robert

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

The ads!  Now they are always moving, girl sweating on trainer bike, planes landing, ships under way all in full screen as well.  The smaller ads are to be preferred as they don't detract from what was being viewed but I don't suppose that is the intent of the advertiser who wants the biggest noisiest and most objectionable message, in the hope that someone will remember the product.:ireful:

Brian. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

2 hours ago, brianusa said:

The ads! 

Brian, I imagine that subscribing as an RMweb Gold member will make them go away. I can't say they are necessarily *worse* than other commercial websites that I visit.

Even the email web portal provided by my internet provider has an advertising panel. They do at least allow it to be turned off, for as long as your login session lasts.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

You'll probably notice the box above, that's because it won't clear by use of the editor, I've even reset this tablet, to no avail.

Mooring Awl inner Temple hare,

4.5 hours plus two hours sleep, there would have been more, but Ben the demanding Collie wanted out. He charged down the garden to do his business..

Then returned the house almost as quickly.

Its proper crunchy out there, I noticed about 17:00 last night the grass was beginning to frost over.

Clear skies no wind.

Adverts:

I'm not getting full screen adverts on this forum, on this android tablet, but three of the other forums I visit do, the first or second page on them it goes full screen and it's hunt the hidden X.

For me RMweb has taken to the irritating habit of ,when you first select the page , taking you to the bottom of a page where the adverts are, , so you have to scroll back to the top.

The other habit is a small advert, that overlays the black bar informing you of other people's posts, on a small tablet the X for the advert is too small to hit and you can't always hit the correct spot on the black bar to use it because the adverts in the way..

Yesterday some ferrite rings arrived, I had spoken to the in-house engineer, who had done the analysis of the LED lighting for my lab, to see if it was electrically safe, ie not interfering with our equipment.

He suggested fitting ferrite rings to the wiring. This I did with clip on rings as close as possible to the led lights. It seems to have worked . 

Today's plans..

Turn the heater on in the workshop,

SWMBO informs me there is a small wooden cupboard that's become available, it may be useful in the workshop, I'll have to go measure it, then see if there is a home for it. This is part of a process of getting rid of excess furniture, some we bought with us to this house, some has been inherited from the previous owners, it was left in the garage or mobile home., And some inherited from the family..

Then the keel will be fibreglassed on its currently bare side.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3