The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Got a renewal quote for SWMBOs car insurance which it’s due until 2nd February but decided to get my ar$e in gear. (See my last post) Anyway  renewal was for just over  £400, slightly up on last year so decided to search a comparison website and got a cheapest quote of over £600. Looks our renewal quote is was a good one but I’m thinking that’s not usually the case. So out of curiosity I searched another comparison site and got a quote of just over £200. I double checked all the information I’d imputed but I’d made no mistake. Can’t understand why there was such a difference

Ahhh yes....Insurance Companies.....:angry:

They make it up with the weather - seemingly the best time to look for a quote is 20-26 days before your insurance is due for renewal as it's cheapest then.  Monthly quotas etc etc come into play too, apparently:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance/

7 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Ah yes but have you got the hat.

Somewhere, though I don't wear it as that would mean not wearing my favourite "Trump is a Grade A Tw@t" baseball cap....

6 hours ago, BSW01 said:

After tea is completed the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, there was no shortages of anything so I was able to get all that is required for week ahead. It was nice to see everyone wearing their face masks and properly too!

Morrisons and Sainsburys have just clamped down on mask wearing, though how they manage to tell who is genuinely exempt must be difficult.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, laurenceb said:

It is in Model Musing & Misellany

So that it can have railway related content in it.. ERs is in an area set aside from the railways stuff.. and also in an area that non members of RMWeb cannot see it.

Hence the awl....

Baz

• Like 10
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, polybear said:

Has anyone actually been the recipient of the Awl?  Or is it just an empty threat......

No it is not an "empty " threat.. it is a warning .. if you do get an awl.. it will really hurt..

Baz

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

25 minutes ago, polybear said:

Has anyone actually been the recipient of the Awl?  Or is it just an empty threat......

Since mid last year Bear has also suffered paw pain - the vet ran a sh1t load of blood tests and seemingly ruled out Arthur Itis, but the pain & stiffness persists.....

Solutions on a postcard, please.....

Yet more scurrilous rumours and blame fired at my little cute fluffy friends.  They'll be responsible for global warming next....:cry:

In other news:

Bear has finally attached the ply battens to the door sub-frame - on one side at least.  I need to cut some more battens for the other (lounge) side of the frame; the cutting guy in B&Q reckoned the sheet of wood was too small to cut any more.  I have my doubts on that.....

Yes distraction pain. Kick hind paw against concrete post. When pain subsides kick the other paw against said post. Repeat until either paws are broken at which point present oneself at nearest vet and ask for painkillers. Alternative places to inflict pain are available but principle remains the same.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Grammer
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2