The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

On the subject of report writing, years ago I used to deliberately insert nonsense into some of the writings just to prove that my direct manager was not properly checking them. Eventually his boss spotted this and quizzed my boss and me, I openly admitted it - there was not a lot the other guy could say apart from accept the 'reminder' of the importance of thoroughly checking. Didn't matter to me as I was already working my notice period :)

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium

Sure fired way of making sure people don't claim your ideas.. include a deliberate mistake in it.. with my lack of keyboard control.. very easy to do.

One guy had claimed my work at Barrow.. i doubr he had ever had an interview without coffee before but he did get the consequences if he had ignored my Scarborough warning. 

Baz

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

... and the bed of glacial Lake Harrison ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2021/01/30/politics-barbers-and-idols/

Would be interested in your compilation of Lake Harrison.

Agree re the barber and the overpaid footballers.

Ode to Joy - very uplifting.  Like this kind of thing.  Once on Euston Station a group were singing and I asked one if I could join in as I knew what they're singing ... Yes and it led to a very happy enjoyable wait for my train home.

Edited by PeterBB
typo corrections
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good morning. 
There were still some signs of an overnight frost but it is sunny now. We have had our usual Sunday breakfast of croissants.  
Aditi asked me to record a couple of films this afternoon. “Le Mans” (the Steve McQueen version) and “The Train”. I may watch them too.

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning (just) everyone 

Another lie in this morning, but it is Sunday! 

A dry but cold start to the day, currently 1C at the moment. I've just got to the workshop and I'll shortly make a start on the last turntable exit/entry rail.

I must be one of the few people who've had Measles 3 times. Apparently my first dose was when I was very young, the doctor told my mother that I'll probably get it again and that should boost my immune system enough. He was right, I got it again a year or so later and had a very heavy dose. The doctor said that should do the trick. Low and behold, a couple of years later I got another really bad dose, the doctor couldn't understand why! 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian 

• Friendly/supportive 19

And low and be old, da sun did shine a bit dis mornin, so I walked down for the paper, collected me lottery winins and twas nice.

Now back to normal, cold, wet damp dismal dreary dark dull and dissing down.:fie:

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1