The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

The Ridings, is there any other way? :)

Surely Yorkshire is where the Yorkshireperson is? More a state of mind than an entity of political geography.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, andyram said:

Not a good day today. I know that ER is supposed to be a politics free zone, however the news that emerged in parliament this afternoon has left me angry and frustrated.

Andy - you and me both.  For differing reasons.  I try to keep clear of politics overtly but the man and his methods have irritated me immensely with today being no exception.  It is OK for schools to go back in classes of what?  20, 30? And be together indoors for several hours.  But not - yet - OK for more than two adults to meet outdoors.  Camping sites may open on 12th April but shared facilities not until 21st June.  How do they expect anyone to manage with showers and toilets until then, exactly?  And that's just a couple of things.  Andy - you and all those in your situation have my complete sympathy and support in your frustration.  It isn't right.  Other opinions may be available.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Boris's road map will make very little difference to me, I can't see exhibitions and swap meets starting up very quickly (if at all). I was a bit annoyed with an interview on this evenings news. A group of students were complaining that they couldn't go out and enjoy themselves and that they are loosing out. I can't see what they are complaining about as they are in their early twenties and have plenty of time to catch up. A couple of years when you've got your whole life in front of you is not that bad but a couple of years can be a fair chunk out of your retirement. 

• Agree 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Surely Yorkshire is where the Yorkshireperson is? More a state of mind than an entity of political geography.

That goes without saying..... :) (which is why it didn't occur to me to mention it)

There’s some corner of a foreign field that is for ever YORKSHIRE.

(with apologies to Rupert Brooke)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 10
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

I even got an advert earlier on the Night Mail for Brian for Mayor ?

I only know he (assuming it's a first name) must be a candidate for Mayor of London. Not something that is going to have a massive impact on me up here in God's country

Does he not have a Life to live?

• Like 6
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Definitely pecky,

I saw a woodpecker on a recent walk. It kept flying to the tree ahead of me as I walked along the sidewalk, but never close enough for me to photograph. (I only had my telephone with me and it has a very wide angle lens.) They are not uncommon.

Apparently there are many woodpecker species locally including: the Northern Flicker, Downy Woodpecker, Red-breasted Sapsucker, Hairy Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, and Acorn Woodpecker, but not the more famous north American, red-headed woodpecker. I'm no ornithologist but it may have been a Red-breasted Sapsucker.

Flickers are in regular attendance at the home of friends in Central Oregon.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Despite spending most of the day ‘sorting out old magazines’ I’ve not actually chucked any out, I got too distracted reading them again. I must knuckle down tomorrow and actually put some in the recycling pile! However, the time wasn’t wasted, as reading them gave me an idea to fill in a corner of the layout, with a smallish engineering plant. A few ideas were scribbled down and later this afternoon a more accurate rough plan was drawn up and it could work. 

After tea it was once again time to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, but I called to pick up my meds from the pharmacy first. But what has now become the norm, Sainsbury’s was fairly quite and I was able to get 99% of the items on the list. The missing item is already on the list for next week. 

• Like 15