RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Barry O said:

@polybear  ....... which is why we moved from Bragbury End

Ah, Bragbury End,  I remember that.     

Could never understand why the Club house was so far away from the place of employment.  Oh, come to think of it, remembering Hatfield, yes I can.

Rocket Science Barry O?    The hardest bit was always getting people to make a (the correct) decision ......

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning from a part of the Charente, that us confused. The seaweed twirlers, wherever they are based, say that it's cloudy and raining. Looking out of the window, my Mk 1 eyeballs say that it's blue sky snd sunny. Perhaps I need to go to Barnard Castle.

Anyway, much work was done on the shower yesterdsy, and the screen and door are erected and sealed. There are some stays and trim to fit today then it should be ready for use once the final silicon has dried. Then the fun started.  The furniture that Beth is getting from her step mum should be setting off on Monday. The customs agents have now asked for her fsthers death certificate  and a copy of the will.  Two problems, tjese items don't appear in the will and her step mum is now in Bedford and doesn't do email.  Pah is not an adequate word. I am now dealing with Justine in Brest rather than the transport guy in Harrogate. 

Today, as well as trying to sort the above there will be wood chopping first thing, then the shower work, and then hopefully some shed time.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Weather forecast here (Languedoc-Roussillon) has likewise been totally unreliable for the last few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright sunshine first thing this morning then it hissed down but now the suns back. At the moment I am just waiting for the first draft of my will and I'll have to compose a couple of 'letter of wishes', one for specific family items and one for my model railway stuff.

9 hours ago, TheQ said:

or even...

image.png.0bfeedc56e9268e6422d5ab5ab4b566e.png

Whoever drives that must have forearms like Popeye the sailor, even with power steering.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

There is a Landrover Defender around with an American 5ltr V8 petrol engine with twin turbo chargers fitted.. Tested on an airfield, the flying brick nearly reached 170mph...  and then had to visit the petrol station again..

An old pal had an Overfinch with a big V8 under the bonnet, that would do around a 170 too.

htpps://www.overfinch.com

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

So overall, especially if there isn't a business involved I would heartily recommend d-i-y Executorship and I found everybody very helpful including officialdom in the shape of the Registrars and, especially, the Probate Office.

Thanks that is good to know.    Is there a handy, concise and definitive list (I'm sure there must be!) of all of the necessary actions in such cases?   I will have to do this at some point during the next few years because of the relentless march of time ....

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Thanks that is good to know.    Is there a handy, concise and definitive list (I'm sure there must be!) of all of the necessary actions in such cases?   I will have to do this at some point during the next few years because of the relentless march of time ....

There used to ge a very good guide published by Which.  I think that the registrars also give you sone sort of checklist.  I presume  thst there are now some online guides. I used online guides to sort out an aunts estate and had no problems.

Jamie

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

That even works in France, much to the relief of our friend whose husband died over here. However the meeting with the manager lasted about an hour and about 19 sheets ofbpaper to fill in.

That's quite common.  In the book of The Horse Whisperer, Robert Redfords Character dies, trampled by a horse. He doesn't die in the film.

That has happened  to me in the UK when I've been involved with estates.  The banks were always very helpful, building societies as well.

Jamie

In France I believe they n have refined their civil service and have a college/university to which they can become a professional civil servant. So they have professional time wasters. It is my understanding that most of the secretariat for the EU originates from their, which probably explains a lot about the EU attitude to us mere plebs.

• Like 9
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning from a part of the Charente, that us confused. The seaweed twirlers, wherever they are based, say that it's cloudy and raining. Looking out of the window, my Mk 1 eyeballs say that it's blue sky snd sunny. Perhaps I need to go to Barnard Castle.

Anyway, much work was done on the shower yesterdsy, and the screen and door are erected and sealed. There are some stays and trim to fit today then it should be ready for use once the final silicon has dried. Then the fun started.  The furniture that Beth is getting from her step mum should be setting off on Monday. The customs agents have now asked for her fsthers death certificate  and a copy of the will.  Two problems, tjese items don't appear in the will and her step mum is now in Bedford and doesn't do email.  Pah is not an adequate word. I am now dealing with Justine in Brest rather than the transport guy in Harrogate. 

Today, as well as trying to sort the above there will be wood chopping first thing, then the shower work, and then hopefully some shed time.

Regards to all.

Jamie

You might want to reverse that as you will probably need a good way to work of the frustration and hacking chunks out of a piece of wood sounds just about right for that.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Good morning world, from a rock once more cut off.

two crew of the ferry have been contacted by track and trace (our own version, which works quite well) so they have suspended the days sailings to deep clean the Ben, and test other crew.  The freight vessel Arrow has been awoken to keep us in food for tomorrow, but in the meantime the most awful occurrence....no newspapers! The average Manxman dislikes the UK and anything to do with it, but devours newspapers with religious fervour.  Never understood this!

37th 'Weeding' Anniversary today, surprised she has put up with me for so long, we did have a 2 year trial before tying the knot too.  

Still work to be done then after thirty seven years. Your other half is definitely determined.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1