The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

How odd. There is a very pleasant breeze a few miles away here in Benfleet. It is very overcast again after being sunny earlier this afternoon. 

It depends as much on which direction its coming from. Yesterday the breeze was from the south west, today its more westerly. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Its just been announced that the easing of lockdown has been put off until the 19th. of July. 

Nothing official announced as yet, but a statement is due Monday anyway, I hope your wrong, but probably not.:banghead:

If more people had been more cautious and also had Jabs then things may have looked better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Restrictions are being slowly eased here. Outdoor sports are to be allowed. The local recreation department will open soccer fields and so, as of June 21, our over-60s games can restart. The organizers have said that anyone wanting to play must have had two vaccine shots but, since shots were initially being given by age, most of the players should be OK. Now all we have to do, after 16 months off,  is to remember what to do and still be able to do it!

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

The owner (who, incidentally had lost his wife to The Big C in September) of this fine specimen was interviewed on the radio this afternoon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-57424634

The car owner has been traced and spoken to by Police - he supposedly sold the car a week ago for cash to some "Travellers".....

May the Fleas of a thousand Camels infest their as*holes

:angry:

• Agree 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, polybear said:

The owner (who, incidentally had lost his wife to The Big C in September) of this fine specimen was interviewed on the radio this afternoon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-57424634

The car owner has been traced and spoken to by Police - he supposedly sold the car a week ago for cash to some "Travellers".....

May the Fleas of a thousand Camels infest their as*holes

:angry:

Sadly that means it was stolen for the scrap metal and likely as not its been destroyed..

• Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

Busy second half of the week, just been trying to catch up. Has anyone spoken to Baz? I've not seen any posts from him from the last few days. 

Sympathies to the poorly and tired. I hope things improve for you. 

Usual BALLADS day for me, though no great surprise.  * all to say really, most activity was work related and the least said about that the better... 

One little victory was finding out the name of one of our flowers, been looking for months (in between other things!) and one of our friends supplied a suggestion, Googled it and 'snap!'

Back later... 

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Tripped and broke my hip late one night recently.  Paras came, complete with fire department, to whisk me off to hospital.  Next thing I knew was to wake up next morning with the hip repaired and a short stay in hospital after which a long stay in rehab.  Now under home care and more rehab but all should work come the end and its better food and attention at home anyway!;)

Brian.

Sorry to read that Brian, Get better soon. :good:

• Agree 18

Just watching a touch of frost a clown is chasing a woman around Castleford town centre just gone down side of the library. 

Nice to be reminded of my old patch on the town centre before I went up to Airedale 

Oops the clown has just been found dead 

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, brianusa said:

Tripped and broke my hip late one night recently.  Paras came, complete with fire department, to whisk me off to hospital.  Next thing I knew was to wake up next morning with the hip repaired and a short stay in hospital after which a long stay in rehab.  Now under home care and more rehab but all should work come the end and its better food and attention at home anyway!;)

Brian.

Get well soon Brian.

1 hour ago, The White Rabbit said:

Evening all.

Busy second half of the week, just been trying to catch up. Has anyone spoken to Baz? I've not seen any posts from him from the last few days. 

I think he said he was going away somewhere where the internet or mobile coverage was a bit patchy.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The hay fever has returned this evening so feeling a bit blocked up. Other than that I'm not feeling to bad. I'll feel better when I have that muggatee, be back later.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

Evening All,

Wish Brian a full and speedy recovery. Funnily enough I was just thinking we were down on our North American corespondents.

Passable day today, got a few emails and phone calls made regarding the new business premises and a bit of paperwork.Afternoon spent in the garden listening to Test Match Special, not easy listening, while cutting the lawn edges. Went for fish and chips even though I don’t usually go on a Friday due to it being busy. After tea which was very a traditional affair, which also included tinned fruit and ice cream  washed down with Old Speckled Hen,  I watched  the first match of the Euro 2020 tournament.
For Flavio’s information all I’ve had done at my local surgery is routine blood test (U and Es etc) and a couple of minor operations. Never been connected to anything while there.

Yesterdays blood test also included vitamin D, calcium and a gluten antibody test, but unfortunately one of the results was out of normal range so I’m having to have it repeated. Got a face to face consultation next week after this weeks phone consultation. Not bad. 
Tomorrow I think Sydney’s coming round and we haven’t seen him since he’s been stripped so hopefully he won’t be so hot and bothered.

Enough drivel for one night,

Robert

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening all,

More gardening done today - the front hedges have now had their first cut of the year.  Some weeding and strimming also done.  No doubt more will get done tomorrow.  The weather was an improvement on yesterday and it actually got warm when the sun came out!  

Best wishes to Brian for a speedy recovery 

• Like 17

Another POTS day achieved! (not poEts as there is no Early finish in our labour camp!)

May I seek some advice, please?

For years, my elbow has developed scar tissue and occasionally required puncture repair kits (AKA plasters) to seal the wound.

In recent weeks, this has turned to a swelling  (Water on the Elbow?)

Knowing that there are many medical professionals hereon, please advise my best course of action.

Many Thanks in advance!

• Friendly/supportive 19