RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis and his mates are away on holiday at the moment and the waterworks are behaving themselves.  Yesterday temperatures in the coolest part of the house were 22C, the highest indoors was 26C, still a couple of degrees cooler than outside. TV is behaving itself but I checked the connections before switching on, there was a a very small movement, less than a millimetre in the connection between the box and the set. Fingers crossed that will sort it out.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Greetings all from Sidcup, where the hill is gently roasting in the morning sun. It was a busy weekend so I have not tried to catch up the intervening pages.

We went up to Town on Saturday early evening for Mrs Lurker's much delayed birthday mean; Theo Randall's - which was very good.

On Sunday we went to Cambridge and had a picnic with the Sister in Law and family on Jesus Green. The weather was good and there was plenty to see. In between that, we have also completed out contribution to Younger Lurker's updated EHCP - his annual review is next week - and watched some of the football. The Netherlands=Ukraine game last night was entertaining.

And now...some more work

• Like 19

Morning folks,

Busy day at the keybored beckons............

Indeed it has already started some 3 hrs ago.

Best get back to it.

Have a good day folks; despite it being Monday :)

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I haven't managed Rothbury yet but it's on the list to do. Our son lived in Newcastle for a while so we had been up there at that time and did the coast as far as Boulmer. Previously we had done the Pennine Way and cycled around Hexham and the Wall area, plus trips on ECML including one behind a Deltic.

This time we cycled the coast around Bamburgh, Seahouses, Beadnell, Craster, Boulmer and Alnmouth and inland to Alnwick.  Bamburgh Castle was closed last week for filming so we couldn't go inside. On the way home we broke the journey for a visit to Locomotion which had been put off from last year. 

We hope to be back in Northumberland next year as there are several excursions on the must visit list from what we have previously seen and didn't get time to include.

so now you'll glow in the dark Having cycled past RAF Boulmer.. 

Just street viewed it.. the building I used to work in has been demolished.. That must of been fun, walls up to 3 foot thick of reinforced concrete,..

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

I agree that north Northumberland is an excellent holiday destination, except in early summer if the wind is northeast and the sea fog persists all day with a temperature of 9C when the rest of the country enjoys 21-23C and sunshine

When we were out in the sun on a family cycling trip last week the man who lives in the old Chathill station house told us the previous week had been mostly sea fog that far in land. 

• Like 13