RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Out and about today after our CoViD-19 restrictions were removed statewide. Inside stores (boxmarts and supermarkets) I'd estimate that 50% of people were still masked. It will be interesting to see whether this changes.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9

• RMweb Premium

Mooring AWL, inner temple Hare,

The temperature outside is not... Not? It doesn't feel hot nor does it feel cold.

When Ben the I want out Collie dragged me out at 06:00, it wasn't raining, it is now..

Ben the upset Collie visited us at 03:30, he checked we were ok before heading for the craft room and his adopted bed. Why was he upset? Well the door to the conservatory had come open, the conservatory is ancient pre WW2 and single glazed. 03:30... First light and the bird scarers start.

It's summer.. so the seaweed man is promising gales and heavy rain on Monday and more rain before then. 

So todays plans, dig up some more slabs, work on the boat, the order of which is rain dependant. Read that big book, there's nothing to watch on TV.

Time to drink my muggacoffee.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit of brightness this morning following the rain persisting down last night. I stayed up to finish the crime thriller I was reading and didn't get to bed until three this morning. :lazy: Time to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 16

Morning all, tis a bit wet out or as the late and much missed Stanley Unwin might say ''it'll be moisty milo of the wetty rainyfied from the sky in heavenlo, oh yes indeedy, lovely mode''. Or something!

• Like 16
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It's marvelous the way they're using botulism (well botulinum toxin type A) these days. ;) …….  I cannot imagine a therapeutic benefit to the nether regions. If cosmetic, really, what's the point?

Because well-padded cheeks prevent slippage into the porcelain? :jester:

In all seriousness though I remind ERs of the recent incident at the House of Fun where a young woman slipped in wet conditions when boarding a train and “went down the gap”. It was only her padded cheeks which prevented the descent being total and a far more serious incident as she came to rest with legs in space and her behind perched on the white line. 

Good morning all. A slow one thus far Upon the Moist Hill of Strawberries. We are disinclined to venture forth for now though the seaweed-wranglers predict it will be more wet later on. We shall see. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Rain has already started here Ballcocks!

One of those should stop the rain when it reaches the pre-set quantity ;) 

• Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 
I think it is about to rain here. The threatened thunderstorm doesn’t seem to have appeared. 
I dont think we are going anywhere. 
MiL is having other visitors this weekend so we won’t be popping over to Enfield. 
Have a good day.

Tony

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Dull and wet here in England's northwest. By the amount of wetness out there it looks like it's been raining for quite a while. I'm glad I'd not planned any outdoor work for today, it looks like my choice of doing all the planting on Thursday was the right choice to make. 

So my plan of continuing with the underfloor storage work at the weekend was a good one, well I'd better get cracking then. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

50% chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon has vanished off the Met Office site and we now have Yellow Thunderstorms promised instead.  Promised rain showers also 'cancelled' by seaweed readers - shame nobody told the showers themselves that they were no longer forecast as they are still visiting.

Miele word mentioned, at least twice so far but first the sun is out and we'll be off to Tesco to try to get a parking space in the gap between morning football and afternoon football in the adjacent sports ground.

Have a good day folks and stay safe even if it is ceasing to be fashionable.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2