Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

33 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Mornin'

Don't you just love corporate IT 'support'?

Nuff said, gonna sit outside with a cuppa whilst Micorsoft Office re-installs - not that I think that will solve the problem I reported :nono:

Tis a long time since I've heard of having to reinstall MS Office - are you not on 365?

That said I only use it now for writing requirement and specification documents or occasionally filling in a table to send to someone else.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, polybear said:

Sue for age discrimination.....:laugh:

Has a point there. The Boss really should have known better than to say that - HR ought to have his scalp. If @TheQ is the best qualified person for the post, age cannot come into it. But of course they can only be appointed if they apply.

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

Privacy agreed. Third time today. 
Editor cleared. Took five attempts. 
It’s still a free site unless we choose to contribute; could be a lot worse. 

I’m not sure a six hoyr wait to get in will put too many off coming. It takes longer than that to get here from many places. The determination of some to enter this fair land sees them cross water in tiny craft or hiding in vehicles. A six-hour wait and a period of quarantine is the least of some folks worries.

Isn’t there supposed to be a faster Brit-Cit double-jabbed lane for those who are (or soon will be) allowed relatively unhindered entry?  

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Isn’t there supposed to be a faster Brit-Cit double-jabbed lane for those who are (or soon will be) allowed relatively unhindered entry?  

At the moment it's only for returning n UK residents.  EU vaccinati9n certficates aren't being accepted yet.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Mr Bach:  What system is your roll sign for? ...snip...

The one stretched out on the floor is from a Washington, DC PCC.

The  1 TURN BACK is from a Broward County Transit 1980 Flexible.

Edited by J. S. Bach
To correct a spelling error.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Got various tasks done.. I then tried my can of spray Bauxite Undercoat can.. erm.. empty. So off to the Range.. Very busy.. nearly everyone masked and sensible. 4 Stupids (clad in Leeds Uni T Shirts) take face masks off and start having a "conversation" .. asked to replace face masks.. got a little abusive.. then the security guys turned up.. they fled.. the sooner the stupids go home and the schools break up.. perhaps we can see our numbers drop a lot quicker than currently.. Less people in hospital here (22 with 3 on ventilators)  but the Leeds University Hospital trust has melted down and stopped normal surgery.. having talked with a front line medic last saturday he said everything was fine as the number of positive cases has very few older, more vulnerable people without jabs..

They are pretty useless.... but not  representative of the people at the pointy end...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Friendly/supportive 18

Afternoon all

Been doing the G word

Trellis i ordered from EBay arrived with the postie this morning so that has been fastened to fence and the rose has been trained against the trellis. Other tasks have been done today my legs are killing me.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The weather thingy on Windows insists that it is raining, oh no it aint. Dark threatening cloud making it necessary to turn some lights on but dry. The poppies are still blooming in the front garden long after most in more sunny places as are a lot of wildflowers including cornflower and herb robert. Time to get dinner ready, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

As for the job I've long since told the boss I'm leaving late  next year, and I'm not changing that if I can help it.. I'm half expecting pressure to stay on , especially if they don't get a deputy boss soon..

Sounds like an ideal opportunity for coming back as a subbie on reduced hours (3-day week, anyone?) and oodles of LDC tokens....:biggrin_mini2:

• Like 3
  • Agree 13