The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Cold dinner this evening, too hot and sticky to do any cooking so its salads and cold cooked meat. I managed to get my will sorted during this week. I've been waiting for ages to get some witnesses to my signature due to covid restrictions but we had a SEERS committee meeting last week so a couple of the members obliged. One of my witnesses is a retired solicitor which helped.

• Like 19

21 minutes ago, Adam88 said:

Likewise: Prussian Blue, Midland Lake, Improved Engine Green, Apple Green, Brunswick Green, Blackberry Bla... 

22 minutes ago, Adam88 said:

the correct term is "Models of Colour".  Ok, got that......

Where does this PC all end?  Nothing seems to escape; even here a humble hobby forum which seems far from such goings on!:fie:

Brian.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Great to hear your good news Alan.  As someone else with gold medals and an honours degree in pessimism and black dogs I can certainly empathise with you…….

long pause…………….

just spent a few minutes mopping up as I reached for a glass of red to drink your health whilst typing with one finger on phone balanced on my knee and the wine went flying all over small table, patio door and carpet.  The Boss was not amused but that’s par for the course. 
Cheers mate :drinks: :D

Red wine at night

Part of Bob's plight.:nono:

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Michael, that 20c soon became 28 - but didn't quite meet yesterday's 29.9.

I called "uncle" when the exterior reached about 27°C and switched the air conditioning on. It truly wasn't uncomfortable, I just didn't want the heavy load of trying to shift a big thermal mass as the afternoon warmed up more.  It's about 29°C now at 4:00pm. Tomorrow is hotter - around 33°C.

I wonder whether the "ductless, mini-split air conditioners" will become popular in the UK as people start experiencing more frequent hot weather. In southeast Queensland few older homes have ducting (no need for central heat) so traditional ducted air-conditioning was impractical for most and the introduction of split systems* became very popular. They really only need a small hole in the wall for heat exchange fluid pipes and are very effective - the small ones are really good for room sized spaces - nice for sleeping or the living room where they will keep certain electronics at a nice ambient temperature. Far superior to the old window units.

In rental spaces in the US, "portable" units are popular, but awkward. Landlords usually forbid window units so caster-mounted portable units are an option. They have security implications because a window/door has to be opened to accommodate the tubing. Some kind of dowel is usually used as a "locking" device and some DIY blanking of the remaining open space is needed.

* Separate air outlet (usually wall mounted) and compressor (which is outside).

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 13