RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I'm feeling rather left out in this app business. Yes I can run the app, it's been working on my phone for at least two months now. I've been in several of what would be considered high risk areas on public transport, hospital and a large sporting event but still haven't managed to get pinged.

As many ERs will know I work in a customer-facing and safety-critical role at the busiest railway station in Britain. 

I replaced my phone with a newer model when the old one died but which also allowed me to install the app. 

Numbers travelling have risen from near-zero to about 40% normal levels but at some times it’s closer to 75%. 

I too have yet to be “pinged” and hope that saying so here isn’t tempting fate. Several colleagues have been pinged but only three, of over a hundred, have knowingly contracted the virus and all of them believe they got it at home. 

Am I missing something? :jester:

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dull, dismal and it was damp earlier but no flashing and banging here as far as I am aware.  However we do have a yellow alert and thundery wet stuff is forecast.  It's a bit cooler at the moment.

Declare a sport free zone if you must but I will continue to watch those that I like just as those who don't like choose not to watch.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

You can declare it a completely sport free zone for me, just like the rest of my life :yes:

Maybe we can allow spectator sports? ;)

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

Morning, dull and overcast but cooler, which is nice. More paint was applied to the living room ceiling yesterday, but of course I can't start emulsioning just yet as we all know it can take days for paint to dry,,,,,,,,,can't it?

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

18 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

More paint was applied to the living room ceiling yesterday, but of course I can't start emulsioning just yet as we all know it can take days for paint to dry,,,,,,,,,can't it?

Methinks someone is finding excuses.......

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

COOOoooooool! 16C. Sun later...

I had just put the kettle on for mudgadecaf #1, before breakfast, when the electric went off.  Phone call to supplier: It is over a wide area. Two hours before it will come back on.  So Ray got out the camping stove and I washed the dust off the kettle and, lo and behold, the electric came back on.  Well done to those out there who fixed it so quickly.

Mudgadecaf #1 and breakfast had, mugadecaf #2 cooling down a bit; toot on the flute and bike ride on the terrace to come. There is a root extraction job to do in a raised bed in the garden which I have been putting off because of the heat.  I may start that this afternoon. Bothersome roots mainly belong to a root spreading tall weed with pink flowers (rosebay willowherb?) and trails of ivy.  

Mugadecaf #2 had so time for a toot.

Fitt :training: and :danced: Elfie not quite so limp, today.

Take care all and play safe.

_________

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Sports free zone on here, eh? 

Oh dear! How will the Big Awl in the Sky deal with those who dare mention boxes that float on water or use expressions such as silly mid off? And what about comments on superfast objects on two or four rubber tyres that love roundy roundy places, or even little holes with tall flagpoles spread out over the grass ready to catch small round objects?  

Could get interesting...

• Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I tried the TV again and this time it deigned to work. So I watched a bit of the BBC news channel, it was giving the news other than the O word so I watched it for a bit. I did not mean all sports just the Olympics, other sports hinted at such as F1 and football have their own threads anyway and no doubt the Olympics will follow suit if they haven't done so already.

• Like 11