The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

Since I wrote this I have a received a copy of the letter that the oncologist sent to the surgery.  It will be quoted when I next contact the surgery.  I expect no further difficulty.

Chris

Letters from hospitals sometimes seem to take a long time to arrive. Your GP may have only just received the letter too! I have been fortunate, all the nurse managed hospital outpatient heart failure clinics I had to attend last year,  if I needed a change of medication they sent me away with a months supply, and the GP was contacted electronically. The GP surgery often updated my online prescription request list the same day. I have found making a request via the message option on the medication request app gets a rapid response. 
Tony

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

I have recently been advised to double a dose of one of my meds. Being a bear of little brain but of habit, I decided to wait for the next renewal to get the increased dose. However, this did not appease Nurse Cardio so when I presented for my recent blood test, I asked if I could have 7 days worth of the drug 'at the old price' so that I could keep my other meds synchronised for starting in conjunction. They acceded and I now have two lots of the aforementioned (1.25mg dose) for next week.

I have exactly the same problem as attempts are made by Nurse Cardio and others from the hospital to fine tune my medication.  Unfortunately it would be far too complicated conversing with the GP's pharmacy to get the prescriptions back in sync again so I'll just have to put up with them out of sync or am I being too pessimistic - you decide  :) 

33 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

How the hell they thought it was a fuel tanker I dont know 

S For Brains is how .....

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, polybear said:

(Incidentally, I wonder how many patients a GP now deals with (counting telephone appointments as being the same as a face-to-face appointment) compared to pre-pandemic levels?

I will ask my GP sister in law. I’ll leave it for a day or two though as she is at home this weekend with a 6 year old with Covid. She has been seeing patients in person  throughout but less in the first phase of Covid (pre vaccine) as the area used as a surgery had to be cleaned down by her in between visits. She was seeing anyone who couldn’t be dealt with via video or phone link. I will ask how many she “sees’ now compared to pre-pandemic. 

Tony

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

lots of T the blinking TE

I think we may have found the national strategic reserve of Thomas toys while sorting out the loft this week. Ertl Thomas, Brio Thomas, Tomy Thomas, Hornby Thomas and even a cuddly Thomas. 

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PupCam said:

S For Brains is how .....

image.png.bde74f5cf10ac76399b6622a6ec8a77d.png

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 10

Happily all this talk of gloom, dark and rain is not in my day. Rain here ended on Thursday evening, followed by fog that night and an overcast on Friday morning that burned off around midday.

Since then we have bright sunshine and mostly blue skies. Today should see at least 22°C. It is quite delightful. Some trees are making an effort to bring forth reds and yellows but unevenly so. What passes as the "peak" here is around the end of the month, but the foliage season really runs from now through the end of November.

Were it not forbidden fruit, I would happily accept a pain au chocolat over a plain croissant, or better yet croissants aux amandes, though I will confess that a warm croissant with strawberry jam accompanied by some coffee is divine. I don't anticipate having any of these soon but I'll vicariously enjoy them.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis has been up to his tricks this afternoon but Nurofen has put him in his place. I haven't been to check on the adjusting chair yet as it was pouring with rain so I might go tomorrow to check it out. Now to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Some very sad news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-58772671

Perhaps it may make those who are against having their children vaccinated think again.

In other news:

NHN's back!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Bear has completed the application of Grout Sealer to all wall tiles.  Tick

Flexible Decorator's Caulk has been applied as required.  Tick

The extractor fan above the hob is in place - though the chimney section has still to be fitted.  Little Tick

Bear also went down the Co-op for milk supplies and to collect a prescription from the Chemist next door.  It was raining.  Quite a lot.  Bear was wet a drowned rat when he got home.  Turdycurses Tick.

And finally....

Bear phoned work buddy who retired on Thursday; his last day can best be described as somewhat of an anticlimax (though going out with a few of the lads for lunch afterwards was reportedly a nice touch) - his "presentation" was attended by a total of six people (that's six more than Bear got....).  A large gathering (150) the day before for a b*llshit meeting by the HoD would've been an ideal time to make mention of buddy leaving the following day.  So did he?  Not a f.word.  Buddy has only been with the company for somewhat over 40 years.  W*nkers.

Incidentally, buddy's Boss has known that he was leaving for the last 18 months.  She approached him the day before he retired and asked him to write a job description describing what his role was :banghead: .

Me?  I would've said "sure - no problem" but done f.all about it.

Buddy retired with the news that the DPF on his Land Rover was fubarred (4 or 5 year old car, FSH, 30K-ish miles, reasonable journeys to get it warmed up) - and presented with a bill for £1900; it wasn't covered under the warranty plan.  A known fault, apparently.  He isn't happy - and has sent a rocket to LR in the hope that they will at least contribute.

Edited by polybear
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Having just read John CB's blog and that he has shifted 2 tonnes of wood I will say Chapeau to him or respect in English.  Here's our woodshed as it is now. The upkoader thinks it's in Australia. The new 4 steres are the ones that are all laid horizontally between the two criss cross stacks.

20210930_163633.jpg.f728e0c045fb22aceba18d6b5b46fa20.jpg

And here are the 3 helpers, Joanne, Beth and Tina who supplied the cake.

20210930_163335.jpg.74473e66c25e835bee5d80c7f6886d96.jpg

Tina, is a useful guide to the height of the stack at 4' 9". She makes lovely cakes.

Jamie

PS

Following complaints, see below, I've managed to get the photos the right way up.  The uploader ahs a mind of it's own.  To get them to stay up I had to email them from my phone to the laptop, resize them then rotate them left an right before uploading them again.  For some reason doing them directly from Android inverted them.

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

17 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Having just read John CB's blog and that he has shifted 2 tonnes of wood Inwill say Chapeau to him or respect in English.  Here's our woodshed as it is now. Thecupkoader thinksvit's in Australia. The new 4 steres are the ones thatvarecall laidchorizontally between the two criss cross stacks.

20210930_163633.jpg.5f36f2a8299c6789dcb38b2a74391692.jpg

And here are the 3 helpers, Joanne, Beth and Tina who supplied the cake.

20210930_163335.jpg.219eb781ab30161086e7945b50be08ba.jpg

Jamie

Hmm, interesting word and pic puzzle to solve but it's late here and can't be bothered. Night night. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

I didn’t get time to log in this morning before I headed off to pick Ava up and like I said last week, I think it would be very rude to spend time on the Internet when I have a guest who has come to spend time with me. 

But before I collected Ava, I called at Sainsbury’s to get some gluten free biscuits, I was able to get some, so our first task when we got in was to make a tray of rocky road. Once that was finished and had been put in the fridge to set, we went to the dining room and continued building the engine shed. A few finishing touches were added to the walls that had already been finished and I then gave Ava the task of touching in any areas of the rafters that were showing white edges, whilst I gave the doors a thin wash of green paint. It’s surprising just how quickly time goes by when your busy. 

• Like 13

@Brian D:

6 hours ago, Brian D said:

Hmm, interesting word and pic puzzle to solve but it's late here and can't be bothered. Night night. 

The word puzzle is easy to solve; any intrusions of ' XCVBNM,' are simply where the space bar has been missed!

OK, it's only the biggest key on the keyboard!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

Greetings

I do not recall having cramp in my shin before but that is what befell me in the wee small hours.  Some unskilled massage despatched it quickly enough but it was an unwelcome interruption to my slumber.  I will not call it beauty sleep again for obvious reasons.

Inspiration struck on the fodder run yesterday.  As a result, lunch today will be lamb shank, a rare treat.  How late lunch will be today is a great unknown, for I hope to view the new Bond film at the multiplex sometime this morning.  There should be no problem in finding a seat.

In the week ahead one event dominates.  Precious little culture is to be found in Bedford but after its enforced absence last year the beer festival returns.  A less extensive menu than usual might in the past have tempted me to attempt to go through the card, but not now.  The event has become something of an annual reunion, with many a former workmate appearing from the woodwork as if by magic.  A long time ago I was at the first one.  Oh boy.

Much else should happen in the week ahead.  Sufficient unto the day, I think.  Best wishes to all

Chris 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning to one and all from a rather wet and windy place.   Autumn has definitely arrived and the hens, quite sensibly didn't want to venture out at 8.00am.  

We had a good day yesterday.  Our friends, who we haven't seen for 2 years came for lunch.  Beth did some Butternut Squash soup, which was excellent.  After lunch the ladies sat in, drank wine and chatted whilst Alistair and i headed for the shed and discussed much more interesting things.  A good day was had by all. As it was cool we lit a fire for the first time for many months.

The market beckons this morning then we have been invited to some friends for blueberry muffins and coffee. This evening another friend is cooking us a meal.   Not a bad day in prospect.

Jamie

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is overcast but not raining. Showers are forecast later. I am not planning to go anywhere or do any gardening. I might sort through 3 crates of assorted power, video and audio leads to see if I can make a smaller pile by sending some for recycling. There seem to be a lot of scart leads. 
 My 6 year old niece with Covid isn’t too unwell but her 9 year old sister has now developed symptoms, tested positive with lateral flow and is awaiting PCR results. Parents negative still. They live (and go to school) in Kettering which has a high incidence of Covid now. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Friendly/supportive 12