The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

Before I started contributing to this thread I tried to read the version on the previous rmweb - but that is now inaccessible. 

Bear never knew that.  So all that information is lost forever.  Turdycurses.

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Various messages circulating on our family messenger network, Mum and  Dad still haven't had or been offered their boosters nor their flu jabs... They are both well into their 80s and Dad has COPD, my niece who is their registered carer has been going round departments trying to find out why not.. Lots of buck passing going on.. Her mother, my sister, won't normally involve her job with family matters....  However she's had enough of this... Emails have been directly sent  to VERY senior people...

I thought you could just book directly via this website - it worked for this Bear:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

In other news:

This could be worth noting, just in case any fellow ER'ers have been - or get - affected by these Ar5ebadgers:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/second-police-force-asks-motorists-to-help-put-protestors-in-jail/ar-AAR67z5?ocid=msedgntp

Bear's "Well, WHAT A SURPRISE" Award (not) goes to.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/french-police-stood-by-and-watched-migrants-hours-before-deadly-channel-crossing/ar-AAR5hQe?ocid=msedgntp

At least the Mayor of Calais has the right answer - move all those camped at Calais into central France and keep them away from the Beach :clapping:  (Bear has just checked - "Charente Maritim" doesn't quite qualify as being "central" :D)

This makes for some interesting reading - perhaps our US ER'ers may like to comment - has a UK Reporter "got it about right"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59395804

And finally...

Bear's "Bang Head Against Wall" Award :banghead: goes to:

"In the South there were restaurants and bars that banned people from entering if they WERE wearing a mask. Just think about that. In the land of the free, during a pandemic, some would deny you the choice of wearing a face covering for your and others' safety, because PPE had become political".

And......

The Beary Award Of The Day (Wednesday) goes to.....

@Dave Hunt :clapping:

- for a most excellent Rant, and the Bookie's current favourite for the "Rant of the Week Award".  There are still four days left though, so get Rantin'....

:laugh:

(Hang on, does that make Bear the very first Ursine Therapist?  Answers on a Postcard, please)

Edited by polybear
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear never knew that.  So all that information is lost forever.  Turdycurses.

I thought you could just book directly via this website - it worked for this Bear:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

In other news:

This could be worth noting, just in case any fellow ER'ers have been - or get - affected by these Ar5ebadgers:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/second-police-force-asks-motorists-to-help-put-protestors-in-jail/ar-AAR67z5?ocid=msedgntp

Bear's "Well, WHAT A SURPRISE" Award (not) goes to.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/french-police-stood-by-and-watched-migrants-hours-before-deadly-channel-crossing/ar-AAR5hQe?ocid=msedgntp

At least the Mayor of Calais has the right answer - move all those camped at Calais into central France and keep them away from the Beach :clapping:  (Bear has just checked - "Charente Maritim" doesn't quite qualify as being "central" :D)

This makes for some interesting reading - perhaps our US ER'ers may like to comment - has a UK Reporter "got it about right"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59395804

And finally...

Bear's "Bang Head Against Wall" Award :banghead: goes to:

"In the South there were restaurants and bars that banned people from entering if they WERE wearing a mask. Just think about that. In the land of the free, during a pandemic, some would deny you the choice of wearing a face covering for your and others' safety, because PPE had become political".

And......

The Beary Award Of The Day (Wednesday) goes to.....

@Dave Hunt :clapping:

- for a most excellent Rant, and the Bookie's current favourite for the "Rant of the Week Award".  There are still four days left though, so get Rantin'....

:laugh:

(Hang on, does that make Bear the very first Ursine Therapist?  Answers on a Postcard, please)

How much do you want to bet that those 'police' - please note that the term is in italics as I don't wish to besmerch Jamie's good reputation will have a good excuse- weren't enough of us- waiting for instructions- following orders- etc etc.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, polybear said:

Err no that doesn't work, they need a home visit, Dad doesn't go anywhere these days unless it's in an ambulance / medical bus.. He can't go for his next Eye test in hospital, because they won't take him without the flu and booster jabs,,

The above site didn't work for me either.. I live on the coast of Norfolk not that far from Great Yarmouth, it gave me options of Kings Lynn or Sheffield.. I had to wait for the local surgery to ring us up to get a booster jab appointment.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

Morning all

Bit chilly here a thick frost rime on the grass and shed roofs when I looked out the bedroom window so I went outside a little early to fire up the car and defrost it. The rear window was iced but the windscreen was clear again sheltered by the house. The heated rear screen comes on automatically when I fired the engine up. I had a few minutes in the car to myself listening to Scala radio Verdi Hebrew chorus then Brian Wilson on the piano with Wouldnt it be nice.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A chilly start to the day here in England’s northwest, it’s currently 2C and there is frost on the roof of both the shed and workshop. This morning I have a visit from a independent financial adviser with regard to my second pension, he’s due about 10:30 so I’d better get all the paperwork organised before hand. I sorted it all out the other day and left it on the bookcase, so it should take long.

Best get cracking, back later. 

Brian 

• Like 18

13 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Recently some misguided idiot started a trend on the internet by filming herself releasing her pet budgie so it could be 'free' - sparking a whole rash of fellow dingbats filming their budgies flying out of their cages and off  into  the wilds of  China,  Poland,  Scotland, Canada and all those other places that budgies naturally are able to live in the wild.  Because all those places are EXACTLY like outback Australia and their budgies will have no problems finding large flocks of other budgies without which they will not survive, not to mention food sources.  I doubt a single bird lasted a week poor little bu99ers. 

Mind you, ring necked parakeets were released / escaped in London sometime in the early 70s. They gradually spread round south London and are now expanding their range quite rapidly. Certainly they no longer seem to fly in big flocks from our area to a cemetery near Hither Green as the sun sets in order to roost. They seem to have adopted other roosts. I think they have now expanded out of SE England.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

The parakeet flocks have been seen in Essex, but not in our area yet. Also Muntjac have been seen in areas to the  east and west of us. Perhaps the land is too open without enough trees. Lots of squirrels though. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!

THIS YEAR'S LIMITED EDITION RELEASE FROM CHRIMBOTAT ®*

* a wholly owned subsidiary of Captain Cynical Industries GmbH

Your Very Own Christmas Polybear

280450733_ChristmasPolybear.jpg.bdf2b795fab6c7d54e8f3e6685f5f21e.jpg

This Amazing. Lifelike, Accurate, 1/24 Scale Replica of One Of ERs Most Famous Personalities Is ONLY Available For A Limited Time Only

And He Comes With Chrimbotat's Fantastic TummyRub ™ Voice System**!

Gently rub @polybear's tummy and hear him growl his famous catchphrases

• Yumm, LCD
  • Turdycurses
  • Wow! 50% Reduced
  • and many more...

This Fantastic, Never-To-Be-Repeated Christmas offer is yours for only

£24.99

(plus £2179.40 shipping and handling)

Buy NOW!!!!! to avoid disappointment as they are going FAST!!

ONLY FROM CHRIMBOTAT!

** requires 48 AAA batteries (not included)

Didn't know Bears liked Liquid Crystal Diodes..............................................

• Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The parakeet flocks have been seen in Essex, but not in our area yet. Also Muntjac have been seen in areas to the  east and west of us. Perhaps the land is too open without enough trees. Lots of squirrels though. 

Not that far away, I heard them barking last night. Apparently they have also been seen around Bread and Cheese Hill.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!

THIS YEAR'S LIMITED EDITION RELEASE FROM CHRIMBOTAT ®*

* a wholly owned subsidiary of Captain Cynical Industries GmbH

This Amazing. Lifelike, Accurate, 1/24 Scale Replica of One Of ERs Most Famous Personalities Is ONLY Available For A Limited Time Only

And He Comes With Chrimbotat's Fantastic TummyRub ™ Voice System**!

Gently rub @polybear's tummy and hear him growl his famous catchphrases

• Yumm, LCD
  • Turdycurses
  • Wow! 50% Reduced
  • and many more...

This Fantastic, Never-To-Be-Repeated Christmas offer is yours for only

£24.99

(plus £2179.40 shipping and handling)

Buy NOW!!!!! to avoid disappointment as they are going FAST!!

ONLY FROM CHRIMBOTAT!

** requires 48 AAA batteries (not included)

1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Wonder where you have to put the batteries in the xmas polybear?

Polite answers on a postcard please 

Make sure you insert the batteries the right way round.:O

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

How much do you want to bet that those 'police' - please note that the term is in italics as I don't wish to besmerch Jamie's good reputation will have a good excuse- weren't enough of us- waiting for instructions- following orders- etc etc.

That'll be the compulsory Tea Break then.....:angry:

2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Just one rather worrying question.....

Just why am I wrapped in a Giant Tvrd??  :angry:

p.s.  I'd just like to remind CC that Bear's image is copyright - therefore Royalties (significant Royalties....) will be payable on all sales.  Bear's Legal Team are already on the case..... 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1