RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

We're in for something similar - though slightly less cold (-9°C) on Tuesday. Highs for the weekdays are forecast to be right around freezing.

TV meteorologists are breathlessly talking about the possibility of snow - most likely on Sunday and perhaps around 3" on the valley floor. Weather is supposed to turn colder and dryer by the end of Monday. Sunday's NFL game in Seattle might be snowy. That will be a change.

Watching the Packers at home playing in the snow was always interesting sitting in a villa in Saudi...

Green bay being somewhat chillier than Seattle.. must be a real shock to the southern teams..

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and a Happy Christmas from Estuary-Land. Overslept this morning so the omelette has been put back to tomorrows lunch. Its so long since I made an omelette that I had to search out some of the implements such as the whisk. I also prepare the mix in a large glass jug, makes easier to pour into the pan than from a bowl. If I have any I might add some herbs to the mix as well.

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

IO SATURNALIA
Salutem, nobiles, plebeians, liberati homines et servis. Ut Rex Saturnalia det vobis felicitas, opes et fortuna in anno venire!
Sic nos celebrare aequinoctium hieme et recipiet sol.

Here is a translation.

SATURNAL IO Greetings, nobles and plebeians, freed men and slaves. May the Saturnalia King grant you happiness, wealth and fortune in the year to come! So we will celebrate the winter equinox and receive the sun.

Muggatee time, be back later.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

IO SATURNALIA
Salutem, nobiles, plebeians, liberati homines et servis. Ut Rex Saturnalia det vobis felicitas, opes et fortuna in anno venire!
Sic nos celebrare aequinoctium hieme et recipiet sol.

As it predates the Romans perhaps it should be in a more ancient language but Google translate doesn't do Celtic so this is in Welsh.

SATURNAL IO Cyfarchion, uchelwyr a phlebeiaid, dynion a chaethweision a ryddhawyd. Boed i'r Brenin Saturnalia roi hapusrwydd, cyfoeth a ffortiwn i chi yn y flwyddyn i ddod! Felly byddwn yn dathlu cyhydnos y gaeaf ac yn derbyn yr haul.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 2

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

As it predates the Romans perhaps it should be in a more ancient language but Google translate doesn't do Celtic so this is in Welsh.

SATURNAL IO Cyfarchion, uchelwyr a phlebeiaid, dynion a chaethweision a ryddhawyd. Boed i'r Brenin Saturnalia roi hapusrwydd, cyfoeth a ffortiwn i chi yn y flwyddyn i ddod! Felly byddwn yn dathlu cyhydnos y gaeaf ac yn derbyn yr haul.

Now don't be offended but I think I preferred the Latin version.

Merry Christmas one and all and for those of you not celebrating just have a merry one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

...snip... SATURNAL IO Cyfarchion, uchelwyr a phlebeiaid, dynion a chaethweision a ryddhawyd. Boed i'r Brenin Saturnalia roi hapusrwydd, cyfoeth a ffortiwn i chi yn y flwyddyn i ddod! Felly byddwn yn dathlu cyhydnos y gaeaf ac yn derbyn yr haul.

And here we thought that iD's spellcheck was having a bad day!  :yahoo:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 15