Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I intend to do more storage platform building in the loft today. Not too much as I am not sure how long my back and knees will last today. Some of the old chipboard could be reused but rather than risk tatty bits failing I tried to order some more. None available for online orders from anyone round here but Wickes had an OSB equivalent. It is only for loft storage of stuff that isn’t heavy so will be fine. I can walk about in my Loftleg and chipboard construction so it should be able to cope with the items I intend to return to the loft. 
We had a holiday booked for this July (postponed many times since 2020) but Aditi has transferred the booking to July 2023. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

What's a Cheque?

Aditi and another language group member tried really hard to get their group treasurer to permit subscription payments by direct bank transfer during the first lockdown. The treasurer was reluctant to publicise the account number and sort code in case of “fraud”. She certainly wasn’t going to permit any online access to the account. Aditi knows the account and sort code anyway as she had received cheques from the society. They now have a PayPal account for those members who have phones, tablets or computers. 

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

The treasurer was reluctant to publicise the account number and sort code in case of “fraud”. She certainly wasn’t going to permit any online access to the account. Aditi knows the account and sort code anyway as she had received cheques from the society. 

Well quite. Folk have been handing out slips of paper with their bank details on since the 17th century - or 4th century BC in India, I read.

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, NGT6 1315 said:

E'ning all. Knackered all right, in no small part due to a fault on my tram which in and of itself wasn't that major, but as it kept annoying me for the 260 minutes I had the unit, I'm still mightily peed off. For some reason, lingchi just occurred to me as an analogy...

Now unwinding with this...

2740EA06-3B0A-4D62-8A29-B65FE36BEA27_1_105_c.jpeg.a05c3217dfa8bd3aa85f371ab2bd4c58.jpeg

Interesting brew, was expecting it to be stronger than 4.9% though (google was my friend)

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Well it was morning when I tried to get on RMW a couple of hours ago. The various fronts coming through from the north-west seem to wake up Arthur Itis and Si Attica. Got piles of washing to do so its be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 15

2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

I intend to do more storage platform building in the loft today. Not too much as I am not sure how long my back and knees will last today. Some of the old chipboard could be reused but rather than risk tatty bits failing I tried to order some more. None available for online orders from anyone round here but Wickes had an OSB equivalent. It is only for loft storage of stuff that isn’t heavy so will be fine. I can walk about in my Loftleg and chipboard construction so it should be able to cope with the items I intend to return to the loft. 
We had a holiday booked for this July (postponed many times since 2020) but Aditi has transferred the booking to July 2023. 

I looked at the same osb board in our local Wickes and I have decided to use that for mine although it comes out at £17ish compared to the £14ish of chipboard its lighter and according to the sheet of paper tgat was in the pack it can hold more weight even though its 3mm thinner

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

They have weird numbering systems there. For instance their footy scores are written  like this

Carlton 15 12 102

Geelong 12 8  80

That has to be wrong.   Carlton NEVER win :jester:   Collingwood never win either but at least Carlton fans have more than one tooth!  St. Kilda, on the other hand, celebrate a spike in the local birth rate nine months after every win :O   In Melbourne, as in a few other areas, you support (or barrack for in the local vernacular) the team in whose area you were born and raised. Carlton fans in the inner north-west, Collingwood in the inner north-east with the demarcation line approximately north-south along Lygon Street.  St. Kilda fans in the Bayside suburbs.  

If you think their numbering system is weird you should see how they signal their trains ;)   One of few signalling systems in the world where you may run through a red light at line speed.  Though it has to have a green one above it for you to do that!  It takes two reds to stop you because ..... well ..... one is not enough.  There are plenty of aspects including a red above or below another colour but only "reds" means "stop".  

Edited by Gwiwer
Effin' auto-corrupt at work again
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Funny 1

I had heard the ad on the radio for  the Volvo dealer offer on puncture repair and windscreen chip repair being a Volvo owner.

I would be a bit apprehensive taking my 65plate XC60 for fear of it becoming a way of trapping you in to having to spend a lot of Gronkits 

There is no such think as a free lunch after all

Or is it that I'm tighter than a ducks ar5e

• Like 13
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

You have to enter the road slowly because of parked cars and there's always the chance of meeting one coming out.  I can see this new rule causing a few (more) mishaps around here.

The road (cul-de-sac) on which Bear Towers is located is renowned for numnuts parking right on the junction, just as you turn into the road; this can make it somewhat "iffy" at times and care is needed - I'm always concerned that some bozo may hit the Bearmobile up the ar5e as I turn in.  I did think of reporting the problem - but knowing my luck those bozo's would end up parking further up the road and blocking Bear's driveway.

In other news....

A morning of squirting filler.  Tick.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All,

Caloo Calay - at long last, my mortgage offer has been corrected and issued for the fourth time - the one we got last evening still had a major error how the hell can a major lender get the address of the property that they are taking as security wrong?  Now to print it - or not as my printer is playing up again - seems to happen every time I get a major windows update - luckily my tame guru will attend later this after.

Now then, what's all this - site SEEMS to be working better - I got a 522 error this morning, and when I logged back in a bit later, it seemed to be quite a bit better than it has been of late.

Due to the problems and the use of the laptop for the serious business of trying to get the move back on track, much skipping has happened, so all I can offer is generic greetings.

Rick, I always thought that the Blue Anchor used to produce to three OGs - 1070, 1060, and 1050 - equating to 7%,6% and 5% - but that was MANY years ago while I was a single lad (ie more than 43 years ago).  Checking their brews now, they have certainly tamed them a little.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 14