RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Something for the kulinary conisewers of ER 🤣

https://www.boredpanda.com/internet-group-sharing-disgusting-vintage-food/?cexp_id=55446&cexp_var=61&_f=featured&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

iD would be happy to try recipe #6 Stargazy Pie (a traditional West of England dish), recipe #16 sounds just up@polybear alley whilst recipe #13 is definitely something for your "favourite public figure"

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Five minute break from domestic stuff.  We're on tenterhooks at the moment waiting to hear from Gemma about her A-level results.   I do know she's been worrying a lot about getting the right grades for her preferred university.

All digits crossed.

I still remember my A level results day waiting to go to College to collect my results and the fact that my Grandad (Dad's Dad) was in hospital dying.

I was working that summer for a mate of my Dads who was a builder for £50 a week cash in hand £60 if we did a Saturday morning. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PupCam said:

It has previously returned consistently correct values, well within a few seconds anyway, and that is quite acceptable given the limitations of the processor it's running on.

In olden times something returning the “wrong” value (when running with your test data) was often due to perhaps not defining a number as an integer. Is that an issue with modern processors?

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, southern42 said:

My great aunt ....

Great Aunt Bear lived about 4 miles away when I was a very, very young Cub; Saturday visits were a common occurrence, involving a bus journey each way.  She used to come with us to the bus stop when going home - and treat us to a real Bear Hug just before we got on the Bus.  She were a Big Lass - and didn't know her own strength. Both Bruvver Bear (who's 3 years older) and I were subjected to it - and it often hurt.  I recall one instance where it really, really did hurt - it was all I could do not to burst into tears.  ISTR Momma Bear "having a word" at some point and pointing out the error of her ways.

3 hours ago, AndyID said:

There's always the option of deportation.

In the UK?  Dream on 🤣

Google "Abu Hamza" to see just how long - and how much it cost - to get rid of a Grade A scrote.  Every excuse under the sun - "my cat has a right to family life" kinda thing.  Not sure if they still are, but his wife and family stayed put at great expense to the local council.

Yep, that most definitely is a Rant.

2 hours ago, PupCam said:

Don't forget to have ALL the furniture in its final place before planting the pictures.   Just sayin' ......

Does Puppers know something that Bear doesn't?

2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Being domesticaked this morning. 

Scrubbing the bathroom floor prior to application of 'Klear' floor polish.  I bought it for mudelling uses but have found it does not dry Klear, but with a faint whitish tinge. Mrs NHN spotted the bottle, now I have to do the hard flooring with it - counts as a Pah!

Would this be the old (original) Klear or the new stuff? 

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Yipppeee and yabbadabbadoo!   The GDB smile has appeared....

EEEEEEEEK.......

Be afraid, be very afraid.

VSB congrats inbound.....

2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

If you're thinking  about re-establishing  transportation, it might not be the deterrent it once was.

image.png.c788ca516d4adc5d0cb194fcb936b35b.png

So THAT'S where Polina got to.  Thought that shopping trip was taking a bluddy long time...

1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

Good morning everyone 

Still not feeling 100% again today. But, our new washing machine is due this evening, so I’ve got to get the old one out and the floor cleaned before the new one get fitted! What a way to spend my birthday, today I’m officially a pensioner!

Back later. 

Brian

Happy Beary Birthday Wishes Brian!!  Does this mean extra muddling tokens inbound as well? 😄

Can I have some cake now?

Bear here.....

Sofa and Armchair "done".  Tick.  I also packed up an ebay sale - that means a wander to the P.O. very soon.  Still haven't started the piccies yet though...

In other news.....

A bit of a shock for the buyers; I've always thought that the selling of unclaimed luggage that's not been opened by the Authorities to be a bit iffy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62588994

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

hmm, bin struggling with measuring these 20G Ohms all morning..

Why?

It seems they've gone back to the old barbeque idea..

With a van full of chilled stock waiting to be cooked..

They've kept the chiller running off the mains..

and it's parked 2 feet away the other side of the wall in front of me.....

Living in the Hebridies, but School in Inverness, you received the results by post in a brown envelope.. Eventually... when they got round to sending them often a week or two later than everyone else..

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

3 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Good morning everyone 

Still not feeling 100% again today. But, our new washing machine is due this evening, so I’ve got to get the old one out and the floor cleaned before the new one get fitted! What a way to spend my birthday, today I’m officially a pensioner!

Back later. 

Brian

Does anyone know if we allow unsupervised "young people" on ER? 😄

Congratulations, Brian. Are you officially retiring or are you soldiering on?

Either way, have a splendid birthday!

iD

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Something for the kulinary conisewers of ER 🤣

https://www.boredpanda.com/internet-group-sharing-disgusting-vintage-food/?cexp_id=55446&cexp_var=61&_f=featured&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

iD would be happy to try recipe #6 Stargazy Pie (a traditional West of England dish), recipe #16 sounds just up@polybear alley whilst recipe #13 is definitely something for your "favourite public figure"

I didn't get past # 1 without laughing.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, BSW01 said:

I’m officially a pensioner!

Happy Birthday, Brian. I get confused by all the changes to pension ages over the past few years I don’t even know (without consulting Google) what the official age is now. It was still 65 for men when I became a state pensioner. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon!

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Does Puppers know something that Bear doesn't?

You won't be able to get the picture positions "well-balanced" from a compositional perspective in an empty(ish) room.

2 hours ago, polybear said:

So THAT'S where Polina got to.  Thought that shopping trip was taking a bluddy long time...

I think you should send Polina round here when she gets back from shopping!

ION

Happy birthday Brian!

Well, the walk along the Great Ouse at Great Barford was very pleasant indeed and it would have been rude not to have partaken in lunch while we were out given that it was lunch time!     

TTFN!

Alan

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

In olden times something returning the “wrong” value (when running with your test data) was often due to perhaps not defining a number as an integer. Is that an issue with modern processors?

That sort of problem could be the case but it will be buried somewhere in the library code.   Wouldn't be the first time I've ended up debugging someone else's library 😂.    Trouble is this one has got some very complicated sums within it - the user essentially just gives it GMT and the long and lat of the observation and it does the rest (or not!).    It's a great shame as it is a very comprehensive library with all-sorts of useful astronomical functions.

I'd better get my magnifying glass out ....

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Good morning everyone 

Back later. 

Brian

Happy Birthday Brian and many more of them.

• Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Regulars may know that Bear rather likes South Korea - here's some interesting photos:

https://www.boredpanda.com/interesting-south-korea/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Bear's favourite is number 19, though there are some very, very good contenders:

https://www.boredpanda.com/weird-cool-facts/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Post Office?  Tick

Prescription collected?  Tick.  They also asked if I'd like to book a Flu Jab from October onwards - they made a note of my preferences (= any day, any time) and they'll text me with a date and time.  Sounds amazingly organised.  Tick

Pictures?  Er, not yet.....

In other news....

Black n' white kitty is getting braver - he's now into having a snooze in the garden of Bear Towers, though did keep an eye on Bear.  After maybe 20 minutes I quietly unlocked the door and opened it about a foot - he did start to make a break for it then calmed down and sat there looking at me.  I sat down and carried on looking at the laptop; after a few minutes I noticed that he'd wandered off.  Slowly does it....

I've noticed that the rain has worked wonders - the conservatory door was starting to stick at the bottom quite badly because of the hot dry weather and I thought I'd have to remove the (bluddy heavy) door very soon to plane the bottom.  But after yesterday's rainfall it opens as smooth as anything - big smiles all round.  That's clay soil for you.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2