The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The forum auto-nanny appears to have done some editing on your behalf.

Thanks - duly fixed.  Not sure why the word "Ch1nese" should upset it.

23 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I think if I showed you what I had done to mine you would need a quiet lie down with a comforting slice of LDC.

Would that be the hatch, or the loft?  Bear is all intrigued now.......

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've done very little today but I still feel cream crackered but not as bad as yesterday. All down to the exertions of Saturday, I estimate that I walked about four or five miles in all at the toy fair, exhibition and Tess Coes.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Would that be the hatch, or the loft?  Bear is all intrigued now.

The hatch.  I will photograph my solution to the uninsulated loft hatch tomorrow. Not pretty but it works! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Habit is such as it is that I wandered out to the mail box at the usual time, only to find it empty and realize that today is (as noted earlier) a Federal Holiday and there is no delivery. I have left things too late to do the errands I had planned having distracted myself with hobby-related activity. They can keep until tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

When we got to RHS Bridgewater, the car park was fairly empty, so as the weather was nice, we decided to go for a walk through the woods and round the lake. The distance is only about 1 1/4 miles, but it’s a very relaxing walk and it’s always nice seeing and hearing the wildlife as we walk. We then called in at the cafe and had a drink, I also had a slice of Parkin, something I’ve not eaten for some time. In fact, when we got home, I searched the internet and found a recipe for Parkin, so Ava and I will be making that next Saturday morning. 

After our drinks' we went to the garden centre and bought some spring bulbs, at a guess I’d say we bought around 200 or so, so if the weathers nice over the next few days, I’ll be busy getting them all in the ground. 

Due to doing the woodland walk we were at Bridgewater longer than planned, so ended up having a late dinner. After dinner we went to Sainsbury’s and completed the Grand Prix. Although before going in Sainsbury’s we went into the local card shop to buy all the family Christmas cards.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, PupCam said:

Ah! I see Donk is adding the "Mid-course Beam Steering" option.  Nice work Donk!    

That coupled with the truly "Continuous Beam Mode" mod means it's only a matter of time till the beam "finds" the target.   (NOTE to @New Haven Neil:  I hope Donk is updating the Mod Strike plate to keep track of all the mods going into "the System")

To adapt and repeat a recent quote;   "Donk only has to get lucky once, @iL Dottore has to be lucky all the time!" 🤣

If @PupCam @polybearand @New Haven Neil truly believe that a stuffed toy can do all that - then they really DO need to go back onto the little green and white capsules.

Edited by iL Dottore
Typo
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

If @PupCam @polybearand @New Haven Neil truly believe that a stuffed toy can do all that - then they really DO need to go back onto the little green and white capsules.

Believe??  We know Donk can do all that - plus a lot more besides.  Never, ever, underestimate The Power of the Donk........

Incidentally, I hear reports that Donk has been informed that a certain Supervillain has described him as "a stuffed toy"; to say he's "a little more than seriously p1ssed" would be an understatement - and with no alcohol involved either.

Be scared.

Bear here.....

Yet more loft hatching today - don't mind that, it's kinda interesting.

Bear gone.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land.  An item this morning on the breakfast show with regard to how orchards are disappearing reminded me of when I went out on Saturday I went via the A130 from the A127 to Wickford. Among the roadside vegetation I spotted a couple of apple trees and a pear tree all dripping with fruit. The pear tree in particular had so much fruit it was bending under the weight. The down side is that the A130 is very busy and it would be dangerous to stop and pick it.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning, just checking out the weather before risking a bike ride.

If a certain super-villain wonders about the capability of a soft toy, I suggest re-watching 'Ted'.  Donk isn't as rude, but is more than capable of creating chaos in a manner little yellow minions would not be any help whatsoever.

Like a true goodie, he has an Aston Martin too.

P1100111.JPG.bc847e6448dc0a09b0ea87699c33e122.JPG

• Like 7
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Believe??  We know Donk can do all that - plus a lot more besides.  Never, ever, underestimate The Power of the Donk........

Incidentally, I hear reports that Donk has been informed that a certain Supervillain has described him as "a stuffed toy"; to say he's "a little more than seriously p1ssed" would be an understatement - and with no alcohol involved either.

Yeah, right.

I'm quaking in my boots

CC

• Funny 12