RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

As you ask so nicely...😁

Faeces* are liquidised, filtered and the resultant liquid is administered by colonoscopy. The patient is prepped and managed as for a diagnostic colonoscopy (bowel prep before and something like propofol during). After administration, the patient is discharged (or sent back to the ward) and instructed to take/given an antimotility drug - such as loperamide - for a short while afterward. The antimotility drug slows down bowel function (it increases the time material stays in the intestine, allowing more water to be absorbed, It also decreases colonic movements and suppresses the gastrocolic reflex).

If all goes well, the patient ends up with a gut full of healthy "good bacteria" and is on the mend....

*not just any old poo, there's a detailed protocol associated with obtaining the right "good gut bacteria"

We've had blood transfusions for many years now but sh!t transfusions is something else.

• Agree 6
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Danemouth said:

TMI 😁

At least @iL Dottore didn't report on the research about introducing worms into,the intestines of people with inflammatory bowel diseases. Apparently positive results in mice did  not occur in humans. 

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

We went to Switzerland for our 40th wedding anniversary. I got pneumonia. A day after leaving New York I had a heart attack. Clearly travel is bad…

Thank goodness you arrived back safely and have been well since the cruise!

• Agree 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

As you ask so nicely...😁

Faeces* are liquidised, filtered and the resultant liquid is administered by colonoscopy. The patient is prepped and managed as for a diagnostic colonoscopy (bowel prep before and something like propofol during). After administration, the patient is discharged (or sent back to the ward) and instructed to take/given an antimotility drug - such as loperamide - for a short while afterward. The antimotility drug slows down bowel function (it increases the time material stays in the intestine, allowing more water to be absorbed, It also decreases colonic movements and suppresses the gastrocolic reflex).

If all goes well, the patient ends up with a gut full of healthy "good bacteria" and is on the mend....

*not just any old poo, there's a detailed protocol associated with obtaining the right "good gut bacteria"

At least that's probably the "best" of the available options for administration....

4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I have had numerous treatments for ulcerative colitis for the last 40+. Haven’t had faecal enemas yet but I was aware of them. Fortunately for me my condition developed just as many treatments other than surgery were also becoming available. Once upon a time the purpose of the large bowel was understood to be simple but it appears it is far more complex, Faeces make a change from the usual “have you tried yoghurt? “ from people who seem unable to understand why you are so ill when they recovered quickly from a dodgy burger.  I returned to work once after a period of being unwell, and the college vice principal wondered if I had considered trying yoghurt. I asked him what he thought I should do with it and did he not think that if it had been helpful my very good GP and my consultant gastroenterologist would have suggested it instead of steroids, anti inflammatories, immunosuppressives and a load of other stuff. 

When Bear was suffering with the dreaded "Big H" and it was in full flow I got SOOOOO p1ssed off with people suggesting "Have you tried holding your breath/drinking a glass of water/singing the National Anthem etc. etc. that it's a miracle I never punched any of them.

3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

The propensity of some folk to offer curative treatments for anything from athlete’s foot to loss of a limb or cancer when a patient is already receiving qualified medical attention never ceases to amaze me. One of our relatives - in - law who stayed with us for a while a few weeks ago is one such individual and spent half the weekend advising me of what to do about my sciatica. She ignored the fact that am MRI scan had shown what the cause was and persisted in giving me lectures on what to do, largely based on what her mother had told her. Her mother was not medically qualified in any way but she told me that had I been able to meet her she would have cured my trouble in no time flat. I think that someone on her ancestry must have been a snake oil salesman.

Dave

10/10 for managing to restrain yourself from saying "why don't you JUST SHUT THE **** UP??" - though I guess that may have decimated the Brownie Points Balance somewhat.

• Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, southern42 said:

I have received via wotzapp another comment on our new nationwide speed limit zones.

I must admit, it did make me chuckle! 

New police cars for when 20mph comes in

PHOTO.jpg.d42c08e3ae26e0207e2e338908e54859.jpg

The wording on the new car would be bilingual of course!

• Like 6
  • Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Bit of a trying week for both us with visits to various medical establishments, now both waiting results and both on new medication. So I thought I'd try some alternative medicine, we went for a drive and short walk to one of our favourite Glens on the southern edge of the Cairngorms National Park, the idea was to chill, which we did and I filmed a bit to share with others(if this site permits the link that is). There's some of natures sound track if you turn the sound on.

I enjoyed your video very much… and probably a more effective therapy than some of the things previously mentioned here.

• Like 11
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, polybear said:

I tried different cards, a different browser and also restarting the Lappy, all without success.  Turdycurses. 

Have you tried holding your breath/drinking a glass of water/singing the National Anthem?

• Funny 19