The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I once went to the Peterborough exhibition and I was quite impressed by the carvery adjacent to the hall. After all it is in an agricultural showground. Agricultural shows usually can knock spots off other types of shows catering.

Bacon sandwiches at Peterborough were excellent and reasonably priced.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

9 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

My heart has been touched by the Bear’s recent posts so here are a couple of things to cheer him up:

I too woke up at some unearthly hour due to urgent messages from the bladder department. However, I then went back to sleep with no problem at all and didn’t wake again until nearly 0800.

We have a new resident in the front porch of Hunt Towers.

IMG_0656.jpeg.c28bef797935bf429c8ee96ea47825ec.jpeg

He’s a friendly little chap and often waves as we pass.

TTFN

Dave

Whats he/she* been drinking,  their web spinning skills seem to be a little erratic!

The "waving" is probably indicative too...

* Hope its not one of Shelobs spawn, you might one day find yourself spun into a cocoon, for later attention...

• Like 4
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Peterborough showground is being turned into a housing estate, many big shows in all sorts of hobbies plus Peterborough speedway team have been made homeless.

Thats a shame. I did wonder why another event (Truckfest) that was held in the showground was no more. No doubt lockdown has a lot to do with it, without the income such events bring in its remarkable if any such venues survive. Also anything within two hours commute of London is snapped up by developers for housing. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

If I'm going to sacrifice 711kcals of my limited daily allowance it had better be for real Maple Syrup!

Like this*...bear approved

IMG_8016.jpeg.14e7970c23d2433112e587804f592949.jpeg

* Apologies if you have seen/not seen this before

• Like 16
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, southern42 said:

Like this*...bear approved

IMG_8016.jpeg.14e7970c23d2433112e587804f592949.jpeg

* Apologies if you have seen/not seen this before

mmmmmmmmmmmmm that’s the one I use on my pancakes, lovely!

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Just out of curiosity, I downloaded the Wetherspoons breakfast menu and noticed this:

image.png.76a77a0eadc731e396ffa03154d4aa4e.png

I reckon even @polybear would give up Beanz at those prices

On a ‘spoons portion that’s about 50p per bean. “Juice” (not the tomato sauce they sometimes claim) extra

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Plane spotting!

Yesterday, I had a left to right flypast in front of the window  by a coastguard helicopter - usually some distance away. Just 20 minutes ago or so, right to left, there were three F-35s* one behind the other, with the sound of others following though I had to get close up to the window to spot the first three overhead. I often hear, but rarely catch sight of them, and very rarely see them this close. Only disappointment - I didn't have the (fone) camera ready!

* assessed by googling so they could be something else, knowing me. I'm no expert.

Edited by southern42
typo
  • Like 17